Take your time Taleworld

Users who are viewing this thread

Medieval Dynasty is also EA and is handling it quite nicely as far as I can tell. Bugs are getting fixed once and for all while new features are constantly added. There's a roadmap and they've been ticking boxes.

There's alot of community engagement too.

Comparing Cyberpunk to Bannerlord and then saying that Bannerlord is better is just funny in my opinion. I wasn't in Cyberpunk's hypestorm so I cannot know what exactly you expected but game came out as a finished product even though it had a lot of bugs in it it was still playable with really solid storyline in it. This is not the case in Bannerlord. The game itself is more like a shell that's waiting for Devs to give its final shape. After 8+1 years.... That's not the definition of success in my dictionary.
In Cyberpunk, they also ironed bugs out with some patches. Whereas we are looking at Bannerlord, core gameplay, Siege and Battle AI is still broken af. After ONE whole year in EA. With countless of feedback and playtesting and help from the community. I'm not even going into case where they rejected lots of easy to implement ideas by claiming that they are "too complex".

About other game, you are comparing a DLC with a base game. And that company seems to abandoned the idea of whatever that Elite Dangerous is and focused on Tycoon games in last 5-6 years.

So tldr; TW already took its time. They were slow enough and still slow af. They spent 9 years on this game and even if we ignore development time, they were in EA for 1 year already and they are still not able to fix really core issues or even showing any willingness to add "meaningful" extra content into the game. It's not TW's problem that we and some people are disappointed with the quality and pace of the updates. But it will be TW's problem if they don't try to fix this because once they announce a new game or dlc then no one will give a jack to that and they will get financially hurt. This is how game industry or any consumer-based industry works after all.
I find it funny how many people will still defend a piece of **** like Cyberpunk.
The story was mediocre at best, incosistent, bland and filled with main and supporting characters that were too edgy and one sided too give a **** about. In comparison Witcher 3 was consistently good though out the whole game(even though it was longer) and charecters were interesting and versitile.

Also aside from the bugs, Cyberpunk released with so many cut/unifinsished features that its insane. The ****ing police system was almost completely non exsiting in a game that defines itself by the protaganist working themselves up from the criminal underworld. It would be like if sieges in bannerlord was just you starting outside of town and ladders and attackers randomly spawned around you as the battle went along and moved around.

Sieges are broken in Bannerlord and have been from the start and its got a ton of other issues/mising featues besides this but, at least it has the excuse of being an early access title. This was my point from the beginning, dont release a broken piece of ****, take your time and finish what you started.

Seems to me that a bunch of people on this forum are jaded afk and discontent because they have followed and tried to engage with the development of Bannerlord for almost a decade without success. The result is a staggering amount of manchildren moaning post which you can find both in this thread and on the forum in general and its honestly almost more entertaining to read this **** than actually playing the game at this point.

The story was mediocre at best, incosistent, bland and filled with main and supporting characters that were too edgy and one sided too give a **** about. In comparison Witcher 3 was consistently good though out the whole game(even though it was longer) and charecters were interesting and versitile.

Also aside from the bugs, Cyberpunk released with so many cut/unifinsished features that its insane. The ****ing police system was almost completely non exsiting in a game that defines itself by the protaganist working themselves up from the criminal underworld. It would be like if sieges in bannerlord was just you starting outside of town and ladders and attackers randomly spawned around you as the battle went along and moved around.
You are comparing it with Witcher 3. Why? Witcher 3 is a completely different game. Not a pre-sequel or anything. The only common point in those games are they are developed by the same company and that's it. This aside Cyberpunk's story is following existing Cyberpunk story which is unknown to you if you never played or read anything in Cyberpunk Genre. But they are following that and they are following it quite nicely.
Cyberpunk's police system is ****. I agree. But I wasn't a proper GTAV mechanics from that company anyway. Can they and should they make it better? Yes. Can I call the entire storyline and game **** because of this? No.
I can't tell you what to like or what to hate but overall Cyberpunk is a finished product. Yes they removed some stuff and it has bugs in it but overall from beginning to end, nothing is missing and you can play the entire game without any new mission "arrival". ****ty or not, it's finished. Bannerlord on the other hand is not. And "you are in EA, take your time" doesn't seem to apply for Taleworlds since they keep denying to add improvements suggested by players. Think it in this way, Cyberpunk goes into EA and for over 1 year, people are yelling at CDPR about Police System and their response is "Too complex to add", "Not in our priority list" or perhaps complete silence. How would you feel and react? Would you just say "Nah take your time I'm pretty sure you will add this feature even though you clearly said you don't give a ****, I still believe that you will magically do that"?
Seems to me that a bunch of people on this forum are jaded afk and discontent because they have followed and tried to engage with the development of Bannerlord for almost a decade without success. The result is a staggering amount of manchildren moaning post which you can find both in this thread and on the forum in general and its honestly almost more entertaining to read this **** than actually playing the game at this point.
You are being one of them with your lingo right now. Circlejerking won't give TW magical powers. It will result only ****tier game. That's what we are trying to avoid. We are trying to keep them doing the same stupid mistakes while they made throughout the Bannerlord's planning. And Taleworlds wont say "Ohh denny said we can wait, 'kay guys scrap that one year plan, we will create a new one. We have denny's approval now" TW is aware of what the hell is going on and they are a company. They are not 3 teenagers sitting on their parents' garage. They can handle criticism and even ranting from some random people. If you really think your thread is making any difference on their agenda, you should grow up.

I bought a lot of games in EA : Grim Dawn, Valheim, Satisfactory, Shipbreaker, Edera, some others. Most were relatively cheap while in EA.

Outside of Edera, which I didn't get into, all of the others were at the time incomplete or still are, but they were nice to play for what they were. At least, most of their systems seemed to work well together. I don't regret buying them and am willing to wait to replay them when they've progressed a bit. (I already restarted Shipbreaker with their latest update)

What disappoints me with BL is that the rules and mechanics are clunky and don't mesh together, lots of numbers and systems don't make sense and the whole game seem to progress haphazardly at a snail's pace.
Plus, being an M&B enthusiast from the start (waaay back) I'm frankly disappointed. And it was quite expensive for an incomplete EA game.

But the worst part is I don't think it will progress to anything significant. It feels like a zombie project. I only pop from time to time on the boards to check but... Nothing seems to change much.

You are comparing it with Witcher 3. Why? Witcher 3 is a completely different game. Not a pre-sequel or anything. The only common point in those games are they are developed by the same company and that's it. This aside Cyberpunk's story is following existing Cyberpunk story which is unknown to you if you never played or read anything in Cyberpunk Genre. But they are following that and they are following it quite nicely.
Cyberpunk's police system is ****. I agree. But I wasn't a proper GTAV mechanics from that company anyway. Can they and should they make it better? Yes. Can I call the entire storyline and game **** because of this? No.
I can't tell you what to like or what to hate but overall Cyberpunk is a finished product. Yes they removed some stuff and it has bugs in it but overall from beginning to end, nothing is missing and you can play the entire game without any new mission "arrival". ****ty or not, it's finished. Bannerlord on the other hand is not. And "you are in EA, take your time" doesn't seem to apply for Taleworlds since they keep denying to add improvements suggested by players. Think it in this way, Cyberpunk goes into EA and for over 1 year, people are yelling at CDPR about Police System and their response is "Too complex to add", "Not in our priority list" or perhaps complete silence. How would you feel and react? Would you just say "Nah take your time I'm pretty sure you will add this feature even though you clearly said you don't give a ****, I still believe that you will magically do that"?

You are being one of them with your lingo right now. Circlejerking won't give TW magical powers. It will result only ****tier game. That's what we are trying to avoid. We are trying to keep them doing the same stupid mistakes while they made throughout the Bannerlord's planning. And Taleworlds wont say "Ohh denny said we can wait, 'kay guys scrap that one year plan, we will create a new one. We have denny's approval now" TW is aware of what the hell is going on and they are a company. They are not 3 teenagers sitting on their parents' garage. They can handle criticism and even ranting from some random people. If you really think your thread is making any difference on their agenda, you should grow up.
Clearly you care alot which is admirable to say the least. Tbh I dont think there is anyone who want to see Taleworld fail, they just wish Taleworld would be more active, both when communicating and developing the game. But at some point you have to realise that its pretty pointless to keep asking for something when no one significant is actually willing to acknowledge/interact with you.

Also It's abit naive of you to imply that I think my post(or anyone else for that matter) will make a difference in Bannerlords development. I made this post to vent my own frustrations with my recent experiences with 3 games I thought would be good at release (still hope for Bannerlord btw).

I can't tell you what to like or what to hate but overall Cyberpunk is a finished product
This one made me lol btw

The Multiplayer Beta lasted like 7-8 months, during the 6 months I was there they did Jack **** except argue with the community about features that we still argue about to this day. Almost nothing has been added. They added Siege literally 3 days before EA launch before we could properly test it, they kept pushing back on the ****ty Class system that everyone knew was going to be an issue or at the very least a feature that we would rather see replaced with the old Warband item selection system. I have nearly been playing this game for 2 years and in that time the multiplayer has gotten 1 new gamemode, 1 model retexture, about 8 new maps, and the random UI and combat perameter patch that usually screws **** up for months on end, ie the Sound of Doom and extensively retarded amounts of crushthrough bs

The Multiplayer Beta lasted like 7-8 months, during the 6 months I was there they did Jack **** except argue with the community about features that we still argue about to this day. Almost nothing has been added. They added Siege literally 3 days before EA launch before we could properly test it, they kept pushing back on the ****ty Class system that everyone knew was going to be an issue or at the very least a feature that we would rather see replaced with the old Warband item selection system. I have nearly been playing this game for 2 years and in that time the multiplayer has gotten 1 new gamemode, 1 model retexture, about 8 new maps, and the random UI and combat perameter patch that usually screws **** up for months on end, ie the Sound of Doom and extensively retarded amounts of crushthrough bs
I agree that MP in Bannelord is dog**** and theres prolly no saving it by now, but to be honest so was mp in warband imo. Only time I played mp in warband was with custom mods/servers in napoleonic wars and crpg

I agree that MP in Bannelord is dog**** and theres prolly no saving it by now, but to be honest so was mp in warband imo. Only time I played mp in warband was with custom mods/servers in napoleonic wars and crpg
Warband wasn't bad, I mean I personally was way more involved in Napoleonic Wars but Warband was leaps and bounds better than Bannerlord. What the multiplayer needs is something to build the community around, and I think custom servers and battle would help, but of course whenever we ask for such things there is nothing but pushback from TW

I should have seen the painting on the wall back then but i still had blind trust in TW and thought they were using the closed beta to test very specific things about the multiplayer like networking and combat parameters and that the real work to improve things would come with the early access.

First half year into early access i still thought that way, that was until they finally started communicating and shutting down our suggestions and feedback as "too complex" or not compatible with their "vision" even for basic things or features present in their previous games that are 10+y old now..

Last edited:
Another person claiming the ridiculous argument Cyberpunk 2077 didn't live up to the hype, so somehow we should take it easy on Taleworlds because whatever-logic-is-behind-it
Bannerlord so far is a mediocre game worth 20 dollars at most with no signs it will be anything greater than it is. Next

Another person claiming the ridiculous argument Cyberpunk 2077 didn't live up to the hype, so somehow we should take it easy on Taleworlds because whatever-logic-is-behind-it
Bannerlord so far is a mediocre game worth 20 dollars at most with no signs it will be anything greater than it is. Next
No one said anything about hype except you. I bought Cyberpunk because I really enjoyed the Witcher 3 and expected Cdpr would deliver something just similar with Cyberpunk, which was naive of me perhaps in hindsight.

As long as they fix sieges before release and provide proper mod support+custom servers I will be content with Bannerlord. It wont be a great game as is but, it will be a decent enough battle simulater that modders can build upon and inject their own interesting diplomacy, rpg and campaign ideas onto, something that Taleworlds themselves have failed, refused or simply cannot implement in time for a release anyways.

Yes, let's rely on modders who are spending their free hours and effort, sometimes way more effort than average TW dev, but still not getting a single penny out of AAA price tagged game's sales while players can claim that game is "decent" just because it was able to implement same exact siege AI they implemented 10 years ago. I'm not even talking about codewise mess they have in the code.

If TW releases this game with only Siege fix without any other proper feature/content(not counting battle terrain system because it's a cover up for another poorly designed choice they made earlier), I'm personally done with this game and community. I won't make any other mod and most likely won't update my current mods either. And I'm even currently working on something which I might drop just because of this type of behavior. Because If TW's time is valuable, so is mine.
I'm not personally saying this to you Denny, but I'm seeing this exact behavior from several more people in the forum too. And this mindset has to change otherwise good luck with playing Total Conversion mods with exact same logic BL has. You can dress like Alexander the Great but you will still need to chase stupid bandits to level up your mighty Macedonian force. Because that's how the game is designed and current Total Conversion mods are not aiming anything related to game mechanics as far as I can see. Even if they do, it will be really hard for them because the game code itself is strange in that sense.

And to clarify, I'm not against to your main OP. They can take their time and fix it if they want to. As long as they communicate this, everyone is fine with that. But if they wait 1 extra year to fix only sieges, it's nothing but a huge failure for the company. Just saying that so that there is no confusion about what I think about "taking more time" for development. But people are not waiting for barber's or totally unrelated features since from the start of closed Beta

Yes, let's rely on modders who are spending their free hours and effort, sometimes way more effort than average TW dev, but still not getting a single penny out of AAA price tagged game's sales while players can claim that game is "decent" just because it was able to implement same exact siege AI they implemented 10 years ago. I'm not even talking about codewise mess they have in the code.

If TW releases this game with only Siege fix without any other proper feature/content(not counting battle terrain system because it's a cover up for another poorly designed choice they made earlier), I'm personally done with this game and community. I won't make any other mod and most likely won't update my current mods either. And I'm even currently working on something which I might drop just because of this type of behavior. Because If TW's time is valuable, so is mine.
I'm not personally saying this to you Denny, but I'm seeing this exact behavior from several more people in the forum too. And this mindset has to change otherwise good luck with playing Total Conversion mods with exact same logic BL has. You can dress like Alexander the Great but you will still need to chase stupid bandits to level up your mighty Macedonian force. Because that's how the game is designed and current Total Conversion mods are not aiming anything related to game mechanics as far as I can see. Even if they do, it will be really hard for them because the game code itself is strange in that sense.

And to clarify, I'm not against to your main OP. They can take their time and fix it if they want to. As long as they communicate this, everyone is fine with that. But if they wait 1 extra year to fix only sieges, it's nothing but a huge failure for the company. Just saying that so that there is no confusion about what I think about "taking more time" for development. But people are not waiting for barber's or totally unrelated features since from the start of closed Beta
Thats a shame man, I've really enjoy the mods you made for Bannerlord, you're clearly very talented. But I can understand your unwillingness to continue modding a game that is constantly broken or neglegted by the developers, must be frustrating. In any case I hope you "save" your ideas and pick them up again in case you feel different at a later point.

The reason why I mention sieges is becuase they are so obviously broken and yet an essential part of the gameplay loop, so if TW dont manage to fix them before release, Bannerlord will surely be a failure. I dont think TW will implement any significant other interesting feautures before release, which is a shame but to be expected from them at this point

Hopefully they will at least mange to sort the most things out and also make good on their promise to support and revise whatever documentation and code related issues that was presented in the open modteam letter to them, because in that case I think the game will actually have potential to be something great, eventually.

Last edited:
An argument worth considering.
Entirely legit my dear Bloc.

giphy.gif

No one said anything about hype except you. I bought Cyberpunk because I really enjoyed the Witcher 3 and expected Cdpr would deliver something just similar with Cyberpunk, which was naive of me perhaps in hindsight.

As long as they fix sieges before release and provide proper mod support+custom servers I will be content with Bannerlord. It wont be a great game as is but, it will be a decent enough battle simulater that modders can build upon and inject their own interesting diplomacy, rpg and campaign ideas onto, something that Taleworlds themselves have failed, refused or simply cannot implement in time for a release anyways.

True. I'm just too salty about this game and the pandemic, easily jumping into verbal aggression for no reason and for that I'm sorry

Problem is this particular EA seems like a scam. Development has been going slow as ever and when a patch comes out, they usually break something(s) when they fix another, not necessarily fixing it later. EA is allegedly a time for testing and finetuning some things in games, but it could be anything. There's no legal parameters that actually define when a game is in early access and TW just seem to use it as a shield from criticism while selling their overpriced and underdeveloped game.

True. I'm just too salty about this game and the pandemic, easily jumping into verbal aggression for no reason and for that I'm sorry

Problem is this particular EA seems like a scam. Development has been going slow as ever and when a patch comes out, they usually break something(s) when they fix another, not necessarily fixing it later. EA is allegedly a time for testing and finetuning some things in games, but it could be anything. There's no legal parameters that actually define when a game is in early access and TW just seem to use it as a shield from criticism while selling their overpriced and underdeveloped game.
No worries, I feel you.
I think the slow progress and lack of interesting features wouldn't be such a big issue if TW would just actually communicate their intentions and progress (or whatever issues they are facing) to their community, that also seems to me like the best way to do early access anyways. Sadly that is not the case and insted people are left in an echochamber were discontent and ****posting memes become rampant because of unchecked frustations and expections regarding the game, which is both abit funny and sad lol.

Back
Top Bottom