Take the chamber challenge! How many can you do in a row?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chambering, as it stands right now in mp, is not a viable strategy at all. Ultra high risk, high reward. Warband: medium risk - medium reward. Change my mind please, I loved chambering ;(

Chambering, as it stands right now in mp, is not a viable strategy at all. Ultra high risk, high reward. Warband: medium risk - medium reward. Change my mind please, I loved chambering ;(
You said it, High reward, if you are confident with your reflex you will take the risk, if not, you are just going to block.

You said it, High reward, if you are confident with your reflex you will take the risk, if not, you are just going to block.
Nah its not about reflex, i pretty much chambered every pleb in warband with 100% accuracy, even during feinting. But here in bannerlord i can't do ****. They overcooked everything with stances, delays and different weapon speed that its impossible to execute a chamber on purpose.
I recommend you to take a look at this:

Nah its not about reflex, i pretty much chambered every pleb in warband with 100% accuracy, even during feinting. But here in bannerlord i can't do ****. They overcooked everything with stances, delays and different weapon speed that its impossible to execute a chamber on purpose.
I recommend you to take a look at this:
Well, yeah I spended a lot of hours in WB chambering (argentinian servers) and it was about timing and reflexes. Chambering in Bannerlord (singleplayer) its diferent, but not harder. Still waiting for a SA server so I can play with cool ping, so I cant really talk about multiplayer chamber.

Most WB chambers were medium risk, low reward as it was generally easy for your opponent to get a block up in time (or you get a weak hit). I haven't spent enough time in MP Bannerlord, but if the tolerances are tighter its going to be High Risk, and if the opponent can block the chamber attack then it might be low reward again. There are a lot of things an attacker can do that are generally unreactable that will change up the timing of the attack enough to bypass the chamber window.

In WB I have never met anyone who could chamber 100% of all attacks, but you did specify 'against plebs' so you might be right (as in pleb as being a person that might feint but does not know how to vary his/her attack timings outside of that).

Most WB chambers were medium risk, low reward as it was generally easy for your opponent to get a block up in time (or you get a weak hit). I haven't spent enough time in MP Bannerlord, but if the tolerances are tighter its going to be High Risk, and if the opponent can block the chamber attack then it might be low reward again. There are a lot of things an attacker can do that are generally unreactable that will change up the timing of the attack enough to bypass the chamber window.

In WB I have never met anyone who could chamber 100% of all attacks, but you did specify 'against plebs' so you might be right (as in pleb as being a person that might feint but does not know how to vary his/her attack timings outside of that).
You cannot block most chambers in bannerlord.

Tip for anyone trying this challenge - backhand (left) 1h swings might be more reliable, as the animation is more conducive towards knocking the enemy weapon away.

At the same time, try to swing from a block of the opposite direction. For example, if you want to chamber from the right, hold a block left and then ready your attack from the right. I think the animation is longer but the way the character moves also makes it more conducive for the weapon to physically collide with the other (one of the requirements of chambering).

Polearms also have a better animation for chambering, especially swingable ones.

Tip for anyone trying this challenge - backhand (left) 1h swings might be more reliable, as the animation is more conducive towards knocking the enemy weapon away.

At the same time, try to swing from a block of the opposite direction. For example, if you want to chamber from the right, hold a block left and then ready your attack from the right. I think the animation is longer but the way the character moves also makes it more conducive for the weapon to physically collide with the other (one of the requirements of chambering).

Polearms also have a better animation for chambering, especially swingable ones.
Dost thou chamber in multi? Thy teach me?

Dost thou chamber in multi? Thy teach me?

No, I was dicking around in SP and noticed the animations. One of Noudelle's videos notes that chambering with polearms seems easier, but he blames it on 1h attack speed instead of polearm animations. If you want to "chamber" in BL but in a less suicidal way, do more active blocks - block at the last second (you'll get a nice animation where you bat the enemy's weapon away), and you'll skip most of your attack windup animation as long as your attack comes out the same direction as the block. You end up going straight to the phase of attacking where you can hold or release instead of the windup (where you would actually be able to chamber, funnily enough).

I mean it's not chambering, but it looks cool? Also it's less suicidal to do. Doesn't work with shields though.

No, I was dicking around in SP and noticed the animations. One of Noudelle's videos notes that chambering with polearms seems easier, but he blames it on 1h attack speed instead of polearm animations. If you want to "chamber" in BL but in a less suicidal way, do more active blocks - block at the last second (you'll get a nice animation where you bat the enemy's weapon away), and you'll skip most of your attack windup animation as long as your attack comes out the same direction as the block. You end up going straight to the phase of attacking where you can hold or release instead of the windup (where you would actually be able to chamber, funnily enough).

I mean it's not chambering, but it looks cool? Also it's less suicidal to do. Doesn't work with shields though.
At the time I made that video I hadn't realized yet that weapons had to physically make contact for chambers to occur.
That said, it is a combination of both. Attack speed is generally slightly higher in Bannerlord which doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom