->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

:shock: Oh wow that is weird. As for the deserters capturing you and your party spawning I have no idea how that happened. Well there may be something I could look at which may be the reason. But I haven't messed with the capture code at all. For Auto-resolve I've never changed the system at all. It still uses Native resolve. The Aden need to have the best calvary since there archers and infantry lack in skill. But I'll see what I can do.

Update: Azarga your install is corrupted. I know from the scenes that you posted. Plus the issues you have are pretty bizarre. Reinstall the game and make sure you don't modify any files. Also start a new game as I always change the integrity of the game.

Honestly, I don't think it's so much an issue of certain units being overpowered, but more an issue of the dominance of armor. There are very few units in the game that can stand up against these heavily armored behemoths, since the vast majority of units do cutting damage, and not always that much of it.

Though, in many cases, the answer is to use heavy ranged units, such as muskets, arbs and vilianese archers, but against cavalry this is a lot less viable.

Eh, I just think a few of the classic armor-busting weapons need a bit of an improvement. Two handed axes could use a speed improvement, and some of the polearms could use their damage increased a bit. Actually, more importantly, I think the light infantry units could use a boost to athletics. That'd be more effective.

All that said, there's still an answer to fighting these bastards. It's called tactics and choosing your battles. Never fight them in an open field if it can be avoided, this will get you killed. Pick rocky terrain, possibly with rolling hills. If you're lucky, the best location would be some sort of valley with large hills on all sides (in Calradia, an example of this battlefield is that large solitary mountain to the right of Praven. In fact, the whole system is about identical since the Swadians are a heavy-cav nation too.) as it gives you a perfect kill-zone. Next, you need two types of infantry (one with pikes or possible halberds, and the other with large smashing things. Such as conquistador pikemen and boar clan elite warriors) and some heavy-hitting ranged units, like those mentioned above. The best seem to be Vilianese longbows/nobles, rhodoks with their crossbows, BOUNDLESS SAMURAI! Although the samurai change things a bit, as they can count as your second type of infantry. 

Now, first off you need to separate your infantry into two groups. One for pikes who stop the cavalry, and one for mopping them up as they flail around helplessly on the ground. Now, you line up on the top of the hill closest to your spawn point, you do not really have much time to do this. As you give the hold-position order, order your killing infantry to advance ten paces and spread out, and the pikes twenty and to tighten up. You might wish to play around with the hold-fire/fire-at-will commands if you're on a very large hill, but odds are these guys are already at you. The MOMENT the cavalry hits your pike-wall, order your killing infantry to charge.

If you had any cavalry, during this they should be with you moving towards the enemy rear, in an attempt to wipe out any infantry before charging in to hit their cav from behind. Well, unless they're cavalry archers, in which case you could've been harassing them the whole time. Also, if you had boundless samurai instead of boars, they could be placed in with the spear wall, or used as an entire front line if the hill is large enough. The front line can also be replaced with heavy infantry javaline-flingers, like those of the Antarians. They can take down horses pretty fast if they're on the top of a large hill, and have archer support.

Small bug, while raiding a Vaegir village I was attacked by a warband, after i won single handedly I tried to continue looting the village only to find it was already being looted.....by me still :lol:. For some reason I could not resume looting until the "being raided" was gone on the world map.

I'm having an issue, I just barely downloaded M&B Warband for the first time, and got this mod after being referred by a friend. All is well and everything, the mod works perfectly, except for one thing. I can't see the logs that are normally at the bottom left of the screen. This includes combat and just world messages that would normally be there. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks.

Goldbrandz said:
Small bug, while raiding a Vaegir village I was attacked by a warband, after i won single handedly I tried to continue looting the village only to find it was already being looted.....by me still :lol:. For some reason I could not resume looting until the "being raided" was gone on the world map.
Aye, it really isn't a bug it is just the time it takes for the next check if that village is being raided. It normally checks every 2 in-game hours.

Plaidballoon said:
I'm having an issue, I just barely downloaded M&B Warband for the first time, and got this mod after being referred by a friend. All is well and everything, the mod works perfectly, except for one thing. I can't see the logs that are normally at the bottom left of the screen. This includes combat and just world messages that would normally be there. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks.
Hmm... I'm not sure what the issue may be. I know it isn't the mod but it might have to be either the way your game of Warband was configured or installed. Refer to the FAQ section if you need more help.

Oh man, I have no idea. I know it's out of your way, but do you think you could help me with this? I'm usually good when it comes to computers, but the way this game is set up, I'm pretty much completely retarded. I have no idea where to look to fix this. I've googled all over the internet for how to fix it and I can't find anything.

Plaidballoon said:
Oh man, I have no idea. I know it's out of your way, but do you think you could help me with this? I'm usually good when it comes to computers, but the way this game is set up, I'm pretty much completely retarded. I have no idea where to look to fix this. I've googled all over the internet for how to fix it and I can't find anything.
Did you reinstall Warband? Our FAQ section here is a good place to start some research: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,159864.0.html

Plaidballoon said:
This happened to me when i was using the brytenwalda mod with the wrong warband version.

Computica said:
Did you reinstall Warband? Our FAQ section here is a good place to start some research: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,159864.0.html
I've reinstalled it twice now. I've updated it to 1.143, and I was unsure about the full and partial files, so I downloaded, "Sword of Damocles: Warlords (TC) v3.89 Full", then afterwards downloaded "Sword of Damocles: Warlords (TC) v3.90 Patch". I installed them into the same folder and everything. I'm gonna try native in just a second to see if it has the same issue. I'll edit this post asap.

*Edit* All right, for Native the message logs definitely work, for both combat and world, so the problem must be something with this mod.

Found a bug. When I took over Caldisa, and went to Sequiem to talk with the elder, it gave me an option to light a fire outside the village. Thinking it had something to do with the religion stuff, I tried it, but apparently it has something to do with prisoner rescuing. Theres 4 Sarranid lords in my castle, all personally knocked out by me.

EDIT. Another one. Sequiem had a unit of reinforcements, but it was empty. When I realized what was going to happen when I tried speaking to them, it was too late. 3 hours of gameplay, lost in a second.

Found what may be a minor bug. Faction leaders seem to lose their King, Legate, Sultan titles within the first day, possibly when they first leave their respective towns.

P.S Great mod, keep up the amazing work.  :grin:

Edit: Ive also noticed the exp bug still happening to me on random occasions, though is no longer says it gives exp as much as just giving levels. The last time it happened i was lucky enough to be running the game in edit it mode but the rgl_log seems to be lacking the leveling event completely.

Here is the rgl_log section from when the sudden level boost happened.

<trp=567>Jarl Gundur</> of <fac=33>Kingdom of Nords</> has been taken prisoner by <fac=39>Kingdom of Aden</>.
<trp=522>Boyar Vuldrat</> of <fac=31>Kingdom of Vaegirs</> was defeated in battle but managed to escape.
The village of <p=506>Eastwell</> has been looted by Emir Azadun's Party.
Your troops expect payment in 4 days
The village of <p=374>Dynashbel</> has been looted by Paladin Rewillex's Party.
The village of <p=405>Keylime</> has been looted by Paladin Bertact's Party.
<trp=570>Jarl Haeda</> of <fac=33>Kingdom of Nords</> was defeated in battle but managed to escape.
<trp=562>Jarl Aedin</> of <fac=33>Kingdom of Nords</> has been taken prisoner by <fac=39>Kingdom of Aden</>.
<p=35>Rayshore</> has been besieged by <trp=586>Count Reland</> of <fac=34>Kingdom of Rhodoks</>.
Your relation with <trp=544>Belir Noyan</> has increased from -3 to -2.
The village of <p=495>Hoil</> has been looted by Emir Hakim's Party.
<p=26>Owensmont</> is no longer under siege.
<trp=647>Paladin Lesimond</> of <fac=37>Antarian Empire</> was defeated in battle but managed to escape.
Kingdom of Vaegirs have taken Applegrove from Antarian Empire.
<trp=573>Jarl Aeric</> of <fac=33>Kingdom of Nords</> was defeated in battle but managed to escape.
<trp=580>Jarl Surdun</> of <fac=33>Kingdom of Nords</> was defeated in battle but managed to escape.
<trp=536>Boyar Gastya</> of <fac=31>Kingdom of Vaegirs</> was defeated in battle but managed to escape.
Your troops expect payment in 3 days
<trp=694>Magnate Banino</> of <fac=39>Kingdom of Aden</> has been taken prisoner by <fac=33>Kingdom of Nords</>.

Plaidballoon said:
*Edit* All right, for Native the message logs definitely work, for both combat and world, so the problem must be something with this mod.
:neutral: No something is wrong on your end since it seems to work for everyone else. Did you look through the FAQ section? I'm sure you'll find your answer there. Also try out some other mods. A problem like this should happen to other mods too.

@Korphon  Thanks this is very helpful info.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Found a bug. When I took over Caldisa, and went to Sequiem to talk with the elder, it gave me an option to light a fire outside the village. Thinking it had something to do with the religion stuff, I tried it, but apparently it has something to do with prisoner rescuing. Theres 4 Sarranid lords in my castle, all personally knocked out by me.
That's actually a feature from Native. It is supposed to be useful for helping lords escape. It has never worked for me appropriately even in Native. I might expand on it though.

Comrade Temuzu said:
EDIT. Another one. Sequiem had a unit of reinforcements, but it was empty. When I realized what was going to happen when I tried speaking to them, it was too late. 3 hours of gameplay, lost in a second.
Hmm, I think that my be due to the ex faction bug I fixed I'm not sure. You tried to talk to a party with no troops in it?

Computica said:
ething is wrong on your end since it seems to work for everyone else. Did you look through the FAQ section? I'm sure you'll find your answer there. Also try out some other mods. A problem like this should happen to other mods too.

I installed the Floris Mod Pack and it still worked fine. I'm still downloading brytenwalda and pendor, so I'll try those when they're done, but I've already looked through the FAQ section quite a few times, first through the quick search option, and then manually through every post.

Computica said:
:?: Does your report log show anything?

EDIT:
When you reinstalled did you complete uninstall the game and reinstall it?

._. How do I see the report log? Sorry for not knowing.
Also, when I reinstalled, I completely uninstalled, appdata and everything.

*Edit* Hold the phone. It says on the launcher that I'm version 1.143, but then when I launch the game, on the main screen it says 1.134. I am confused. ._.

However, I just launched Pendor, and the messages still work.

Back
Top Bottom