Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

McEwanMaster77 said:
Epicrules said:
That would use quite a bit of virtual memory, though...
Yeah, that's what I meant lol.  :smile:

you know vince said that to me like 3 months ago when I told him the french cavalry flags are all the same. he gave the exact same reply. 1 month later he adds a full russian lancer regiment.

and now I am getting fps lagg and cannot play this game normally anymore.

Firstly I'll just say this isn't a faction suggestion and I'm thinking about the future after NW is somewhat overplayed, not right now, it's just an idea for a future expansion.

I'd like to see an expansion pack set in the War of 1812 between the British and Americans.

The War of 1812 was a military conflict fought between the forces of the United States and those of the British Empire. The United States declared war in 1812 for several reasons, including trade restrictions brought about by Britain's ongoing war with France, the impressment of American merchant sailors into the Royal Navy, British support of American Indian tribes against American expansion, outrage over insults to national honour after humiliations on the high seas, and possible American desire to annex Canada. Tied down in Europe until 1814, the British at first used defensive strategy, repelling multiple American invasions of the provinces of Upper and Lower Canada. However, the Americans gained control over Lake Erie in 1813, seized parts of western Ontario, and ended the prospect of an Indian confederacy and an independent Indian state in the Midwest under British sponsorship. In the Southwest, General Andrew Jackson destroyed the military strength of the Creek nation at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend in 1814. With the defeat of Napoleon in 1814 on April 6, the British adopted a more aggressive strategy, sending in three large invasion armies. The British victory at the Battle of Bladensburg in August 1814 allowed them to capture and burn Washington, D.C. American victories in September 1814 and January 1815 repulsed all three British invasions in New York, Baltimore and New Orleans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make because NW is set in that time already, and i think it would really please American players. NW seems to be mostly European, I might be wrong but in my observations there seems to be less American interest, but if this was done there might be more interest. I think it should mainly feature a US faction, some different weaponry, maps based on the famous battles of the war, and some different British units too. Possibly Indian units, as they featured quite prominently in the war.

If not an expansion, someone please make this into a mod.  :lol:

Willhelm said:
Firstly I'll just say this isn't a faction suggestion and I'm thinking about the future after NW is somewhat overplayed, not right now, it's just an idea for a future expansion.

I'd like to see an expansion pack set in the War of 1812 between the British and Americans.

The War of 1812 was a military conflict fought between the forces of the United States and those of the British Empire. The United States declared war in 1812 for several reasons, including trade restrictions brought about by Britain's ongoing war with France, the impressment of American merchant sailors into the Royal Navy, British support of American Indian tribes against American expansion, outrage over insults to national honour after humiliations on the high seas, and possible American desire to annex Canada. Tied down in Europe until 1814, the British at first used defensive strategy, repelling multiple American invasions of the provinces of Upper and Lower Canada. However, the Americans gained control over Lake Erie in 1813, seized parts of western Ontario, and ended the prospect of an Indian confederacy and an independent Indian state in the Midwest under British sponsorship. In the Southwest, General Andrew Jackson destroyed the military strength of the Creek nation at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend in 1814. With the defeat of Napoleon in 1814 on April 6, the British adopted a more aggressive strategy, sending in three large invasion armies. The British victory at the Battle of Bladensburg in August 1814 allowed them to capture and burn Washington, D.C. American victories in September 1814 and January 1815 repulsed all three British invasions in New York, Baltimore and New Orleans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make because NW is set in that time already, and i think it would really please American players. NW seems to be mostly European, I might be wrong but in my observations there seems to be less American interest, but if this was done there might be more interest. I think it should mainly feature a US faction, some different weaponry, maps based on the famous battles of the war, and some different British units too. Possibly Indian units, as they featured quite prominently in the war.

If not an expansion, someone please make this into a mod.  :lol:

90% of the FPS-Games for the last 10 years has featured americans as protagonists, so when for once a game comes out that does not focus around americans, enjoy the moment instead of immideately craving for some "'Murica, Feck yeh!"

Remove the Russian lancer unit that spawns with butterknifes, keep the proper and dandy one, and with the memory you've just created, implement hussars for the Brittish.

I think to give that partisan butter knife a purpose, swinging should be removed and stabbing increased. That way, all those times that you've spent half an hour sneaking up on a Frenchman to stab him in the back like a ninja, you actually kill in a single blow rather than have your knife bounce off his head or have him turn around minus two health and very mad. Stabbing in the front rarely works anyways due to the range so it shouldn't become too o.p.

Dr Funk said:
I think to give that partisan butter knife a purpose, swinging should be removed and stabbing increased. That way, all those times that you've spent half an hour sneaking up on a Frenchman to stab him in the back like a ninja, you actually kill in a single blow rather than have your knife bounce off his head or have him turn around minus two health and very mad. Stabbing in the front rarely works anyways due to the range so it shouldn't become too o.p.

Instakill butterknifes?

:neutral:

Could you fix the french cavalry musket? It's almost utterly worthless in melee because your avatar seems to hold it 3" from the butt of the weapon, wheras the russian cav musket is basically the unstoppable Swadian greatsword from warband.

I agree that a stab in the back with a knife should be more deadly, because it's totally worthless in combat given that the partisan knives can't block and have no range

I mean don't get me wrong, there is something heroic about charging forward and then pew-pewing enemies to death with little partisan butter knife stabs, all the while dodging the multitude of bayonet lunges, but at least somethings gotta be done to make the knife deadly from behind. They already have it so that you move rather slowly and can't block, meaning its pretty much useless from the front. If they kept it slow, made it stab only, and increased damage, it would restrict people to planned sneak attacks, eh?

Talii said:
Remove the Russian lancer unit that spawns with butterknifes, keep the proper and dandy one, and with the memory you've just created, implement hussars for the Brittish.
This! Pleeeeaaaase do, devs! :3

And this:
Maroon said:
Yea, I do have a suggestion:
Make a suggestion board.
40 (95 by now) pages of suggestions in one topic aren't nearly as clear as different topics.

have the "stab" animation for the rifles/carbines have it so that it lunges around the stomach area rather then the head.

the reason for this is that it can get a little confusing when your used to the overhead bayonet stabs, i tend to up block to defend against these, but i get a whack in the face instead

It seems to me as if the stab with bayonets is almost instantaneous, the attack can hit you at close contact almost BEFORE it's even chambered and then extends quickly dealing instakill damage. Also stabbing from too close does not "stump" the bayonet damage at all as it does with almost all other weapons in this game or warband, you can stab someone from too close with a sword and they take minimal damage but with a bayonet there is no minimum effective range, quite the contrary, the closer the enemy is the more effective because the attack hits earlier.

Please nerf bayonets, or give other bladed weapons the same instakill capacity.

Maroon said:
Yea, I do have a suggestion:
Make a suggestion board.
40 (95 by now) pages of suggestions in one topic aren't nearly as clear as different topics.

Don't worry, the Devs do read and take note of the suggestions in this topic.

I think we've all seen them roaming about one day or another.

Back
Top Bottom