Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Refleax

Master Knight
Do you have any suggestions or ideas that you might like to see implemented or changed?

If so, please post in this thread.

NB: There’s now a board dedicated for suggestions on the new FSE forums which you can visit by clicking on here!

An easier way to aim the cannons in first person and the ability to use the telescope while aiming the cannon would be awesomesaucem!

Sir Prince said:
Being able to wear the accessories like monocles and pipes with beards and mustaches would be awesome.

I second this.

Or at least, a mustached version of everything, with the most common mustache.

Sir Prince said:
Being able to wear the accessories like monocles and pipes with beards and mustaches would be awesome please and thanks!
I third this, need to show support for good ideas.

This running-with-musket animation that same as in WFAS, it's terrible, and there is a bug same as WFAS: when you running, musket shakes in hands(sometimes)
so i suggest bring back old mm-one, right-sided :roll:

Being sapper it a bit fiddily to hammer up your defences unless your crouched and swing at a certain angle. Could possibly do with some tweaking?

Also, I really do second the facial hair and accessories thing if possible.

Misfires perhaps? Would be especially nice with rockets, seeing them whirring towards you and hitting inches away, only to stick in the ground and fizzle out...unles of course the fuse was just burning slowly  :grin:

Smaller/scalable font for casualty reporting.  Really don't like it taking up the left half of my 1080p display.

A different/better aiming reticule.

Slight increase in turning speed. I know the time to make a 360 turn was increased from 0.2s to 1.2s in order to reduce the ugly-looking 'spin-stab', but I think it's made it a little too hard to turn and face oncoming opponents even if they're only approaching from the player's side.

I would suggest you try a mid-value compromise, perhaps 0.6s or 0.7s? I think this would still prevent the exploitative spin-stabbing but would give players that little bit more maneuverability in melee combat that would improve their experience.

It's not a major problem, I am loving the new melee elements (the overhead stab is a nice challenge to get used to) and melee is still very fun. I'm just thinking for the more competative side of the community who will be playing in very melee-intensive and individual-skill focused environments (e.g. the upcoming European Cup Tournament) and I believe turning speed is something really important to get right in order to allow for competativeness to flourish.

I don't know whether it's true but to me it felt like running speed was slower. My problem with this is that when someone gets engaged in a melee fight it's quite hard for them to retreat from it because they can't escape fast enough without getting backstabbed. I know it's cowardly to evade an enemy whilst in melee, but it should nevertheless be an option to a player.

It could infact just be the turning speed reduction (mentioned in point 1.) that is having this affect and the running speed is actually unchanged, someone will have to enlighten me on that, but just the general feel that once you get into a duel you cannot escape it seems a bit limiting to a player. I hope that can be addressed.

--

Please don't take these critiques as my overall judgement of the DLC. I am, in fact, absolutely loving it! You've really nailed the Napoleonic atmosphere and no doubt it'll entertain me for many more hours to come! Cheers.  :cool:

First want to say, I LOVE THIS GAME. I have a long list, but only because these suggestions will make it PERFECT. The way it is right now is still a lot of fun, thank you to all in Flying Squirrel for an awesome game.

Now the list (mostly Commander Battle issues)

1) A way to make the bots face a certain direction (maybe have the officer point his pistol/telescope linked to a F key)

1a) A way to make the bots aim at a certain formation 

2) I can't seem to make my bots charge when I do F1->F3 command,

3) Sometimes, the bots will aim, and then I want to move to a better firing position, and a select few (from 1-3) will continue to aim as I move the formation. This delays their entrance to the formation once I've stopped and ready to fire.

Again, thank you so much Flying Squirrel (if I had known before I purchased the steam version, I would have gone to the Taleworlds store, you guys deserve all the money you can get!) and these things are pretty minor, because I am still having a lot of fun!

Dont know if it is a bug or not, but you don't always hear when you get shot. I find it highly annoying to not hear a bullet hitting me  :razz:

Otherwise the game seems wonderfully polished!

A number of people have said that because of the larger scale battles the kill feed has become a bit of a screen hog and covers up a lot of the vital information. Perhaps a patch or option which scales the font size and icons in the kill feed down?

Back
Top Bottom