[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HugoBernie said:
Oh head-slot cloak items like in Bryntenwalda so we can not wear helms but still get some armor.

There are no cloaks?! I presumed I'd just missed them. Definitely would like to see some make it in.

I think an easy way to achieve greater variety in clothing (at least for the Norse and Anglo-Saxons) would be to add more tunics with cloaks pinned at shoulder and play with tunic/cloak color combinations. I believe these would have been more popular than what we see in the game. The common-rich versions could vary in color, embrioidery, cloak pin quality.

skater.jpg

665850d8c4c4a352dc84709cee26e2bd.jpg

Especially the uniqueness of clothes/armory of the
various named faction would already be a good start!

Thank you for the advice Idibil. My suggestions to improve the DLC are:
  • Raise the bow damage: even with 10 of power draw(+140% damage) the max damage you can achieve from a regular bow(9p) is 12,6 shooting a unarmored enemy. It's lower then a throwed rock.(I know that the formula of bow damage is more complex than this, but still this weapon is almost useless, you need to shoot about 4 arrows in the head to kill a armored enemy)
  • Improve the sling system: The AI with slings are broken. Still I don't understand if the sling system is bugged or he isn't friendly at all.
  • Add more two handed weapons: The lack of this type of weapon in the game because of "historic accuracy" isn't resonable. because we are talking about a game that there are a "troll" living in a bridge and a game that a serf or slave can ascend to become king.
Anyway, congratulations for the Viking Conquest team for the rest of the features. And keep the good job with the fixes.

FelipeII said:
Thank you for the advice Idibil. My suggestions to improve the DLC are:
  • Raise the bow damage: even with 10 of power draw(+140% damage) the max damage you can achieve from a regular bow(9p) is 12,6 shooting a unarmored enemy. It's lower then a throwed rock.(I know that the formula of bow damage is more complex than this, but still this weapon is almost useless, you need to shoot about 4 arrows in the head to kill a armored enemy)
  • Improve the sling system: The AI with slings are broken. Still I don't understand if the sling system is bugged or he isn't friendly at all.
  • Add more two handed weapons: The lack of this type of weapon in the game because of "historic accuracy" isn't resonable. because we are talking about a game that there are a "troll" living in a bridge and a game that a serf or slave can ascend to become king.
Anyway, congratulations for the Viking Conquest team for the rest of the features. And keep the good job with the fixes.

+1! I support all your great suggestions!

Not sure if this feature was already suggested. Make it that you can see your hair under your helmet (like in Pelopennesian wars). I mean the loading screen shows a Viking with long flowing hair and a helmet fighting what I assume is a British warrior. It'd be nice if this actually happened in game instead of going bald.

Not sure if it is the case already.  If you can go to a monastery to learn about reading, perhaps you should be able to do that with a priest in the lord's hall as well (perhaps taking longer and with a non-hostile lord due to the priest serving the lord of the town/castle as well).  Might also want to make Pagan priest able to teach you reading (If it conflicts with the settings of the story, make it languages other than latin and have some books in those languages)

Sorry about the suggestion of 2H weapons, a lot of people already suggested it and I don't mean to be repetitive.
Another good suggestion that I posted in another topic is reformulate the body of characters:
  • Average body: The DLC can use the vanilla body from warband.
  • Tall/strong body: The new one.
I guess this will add a larger branch of customization for the NPCs and players. By the way, nice job with the Small body type.

FelipeII said:
Sorry about the suggestion of 2H weapons, a lot of people already suggested it and I don't mean to be repetitive.
Another good suggestion that I posted in another topic is reformulate the body of characters:
  • Average body: The DLC can use the vanilla body from warband.
  • Tall/strong body: The new one.
I guess this will add a larger branch of customization for the NPCs and players. By the way, nice job with the Small body type.

This is what I too suggested Felipe. Would add a whole other dimension of variety.

DerHerbst said:
I would also like to see the return of this particular Brytenwalda feature:  being able to free non-lord prisoners from your party in exchange for reputation increase
That is a simple and amazing suggestion. Also I recommend more early/mid game options of soldiers, for example: Cheap mercenaries in mead halls or lesser soldiers to recruit in the cities and towns.

I would like to see greater interaction with prisoners.
These options would be good

- Bribe/Persuade prisoners into joining your shield wall
- Ability to ransom prisoners, to the enemy (You would get more money than actually selling them off to slaves, however they the enemy gets more men)
- Ability to execute prisoners
- Ability to persuade hostage Lords into joining your faction
- Ability to torture prisoners (To increase morale, also as a result, will decrease honor/reputation

I would also like greater interaction with prisoners in other cities, In Floris, you can break out people in prison who are lords, ladies etc (not soldiers) I am unaware if you can do this in Viking conquest, if you can, i would like to see the ability to break out soldiers from prison, so for example, if one of my vassals loses a battle to a Lord, when that lord drops him/her and his/her men in a city, i can break them out. However there should be limitations on this, such as the ability to only break out soldiers in enemy cities, or a limited amount of soldiers in a city you can break out.

Thermite90 said:

- Ability to ransom prisoners, to the enemy (You would get more money than actually selling them off to slaves, however they the enemy gets more men)

I would also like greater interaction with prisoners in other cities, In Floris, you can break out people in prison who are lords, ladies etc (not soldiers) I am unaware if you can do this in Viking conquest, if you can, i would like to see the ability to break out soldiers from prisoners, so for example, if one of my vassals loses a battle to a Lord, when that lord drops of those prisoners in a city, i can break them out. However there should be limitations on this, such as the ability to only break out soldiers in enemy cities, or a limited amount of soldiers in a city you can break out.

I can confirm that you can indeed free imprisoned lords. This is a function that was found in the original game and I had done this myself recently in VC where my character freed an Irish lord from a rival clan.

Thermite90 said:
- Ability to torture prisoners (To increase morale, also as a result, will decrease honor/reputation

I really love how these sound!!

I'd like to see the Brytenwalda system of recruiting prisoners back in some shape or form. It was really awesome talking to that elite cadwr and offering him to join your warband, and either saying you'll treat him equally and give him his own share or punish him at the slightest disobedience.

It felt very personal and added another touch of roleplay to the entire experience.

Thermite90 said:

I would also like greater interaction with prisoners in other cities, In Floris, you can break out people in prison who are lords, ladies etc (not soldiers) I am unaware if you can do this in Viking conquest, if you can, i would like to see the ability to break out soldiers from prison, so for example, if one of my vassals loses a battle to a Lord, when that lord drops him/her and his/her men in a city, i can break them out. However there should be limitations on this, such as the ability to only break out soldiers in enemy cities, or a limited amount of soldiers in a city you can break out.

Amen to all this

also FULL DIPLOMACY MOD FEATURES!!!!!

Thermite90 said:

You can already persuade prisoners to join your army tho you get a huge hit to morale so be careful. I already have 200 northverg vikings defending my castle and around 200 more as prisoners in case the defenders die or if i need to cap/defend another town or castle. Tho i agree with rest, it would bring so much fun and immersion.

Also the thing i was curious about, i'm never able to leave my prisoners in salt mines to work as slaves, the NPC just says something along the lines of "This is my mine and only my people work here". Was anyone able to leave prisoners in the salt mines?

Comrade Crimson said:
I can confirm that you can indeed free imprisoned lords. This is a function that was found in the original game and I had done this myself recently in VC where my character freed an Irish lord from a rival clan.

Yup, you can even free enemy lords from a neutral faction, then keep them prisoner for yourself. Easy way to do that 'capture a lord for me' quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom