[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The map could be easily optimized, both in regards to details and performance. That would be a pretty nifty thing to see.

Other than that, I'm content with the stuff currently in.

I can't recruit anyone in England because of raiding the monastaries. Fix that please, even if we lose our relationship with the cities or the towns, it should be possible to recruit men in that land.

kraggrim said:
The Brytenwalda troop tree feuture where you could check the stats/inventory of troops was very useful too.

Basically, We want all the great features that are in Brytenwalda including Brytenwalda Repolished. Also, make it so we can move units up and down in unit management for garrisons.

and this

Cozur said:
The map could be easily optimized, both in regards to details and performance. That would be a pretty nifty thing to see.

reiksmarshal said:
- be able to choose color for your kingdom. (I hate red)
- different color for Norway, there are way too many purple factions. (White or grey would be better for this faction).
- Ulfberht swords I can't believe they are not in the game. :cry:
- a better way to recruit Norse vikings raiders in Norway.
- better Norse banners at least add a black Raven banner!
- in tournaments saeaxe should come with a shield. This sucks!
- forked beards and large braided beards like my avatar for character cation options. YES
- better bow model it is way too thin.
- throwing Axes and a two handed long axe.
- suttenhoo helmet and horse tails for the tops of some Welsh and Britons helmets.
- a crown when you become a king
- army standards to appear in Ai armies
- berserkers and war horns in single player
- companions for Ai faction leaders
- a huge Norse champion companion like Troll on the bridge or like the mountain from game of thrones.

Sorry if my format sucks, did this on my phone. I love the DLC and hope some of these features can be added. Thanks!

Ulfberht is in the game in the name of Nad. If you look at the sword it reads Ulfberht+

It also has the best stats aside from the troll club

Okay, here's my list of suggestions, in order from the most to least important ones in my eyes;

More animations for stances
For example, take a look at this Gekokujo screenshot
wiNmtgp.jpg
This boosts the overall feel and polish of the battles so much, yet is a relatively light touch. I was always bothered by the robotic, uniform stances in vanilla, as they were simply ugly. Unfortunately they are the same in Viking Conquest, and the idle and running animations of most troops look really bad.
I think some equivalent of this gekokujo animation submod is a must, particularly because of the emphasize on tight formations and spearmen in this era/mod. Spear idle stances are the worst, followed by idle axemen and most running animations.

Guards holding spears in a similar way as seen in the above screenshots in towns is also something I always wanted to see in MB, think of the immersion boost! :grin:

Livelier, more dynamic, more interesting taverns
Now, while Viking Conquest taverns are far from the worst I've seen in MB and it's mods, they are still not as interesting as they could be. Brytenwalda had me spoiled with all the numerous companions I could run into, of which there were many many, the occassional rare mercenary, the gambling and the occasional Choncobor. :razz:

There needs to be more interactivity and randomness in the taverns, here is how i would fix that;
- Add more animations for bards; bards playing their lute/harp for example
- Add a random questline or two, or many for that matter, be they short or long, taking you across all Britannia or Hibernia, something like Choncobor in Brytenwalda, perhaps a descendant of his? :mrgreen:
- Include several rare types of troops/mercenaries, that only have a small chance of spawning in every tavern, so that the player can always look forward to a chance of a surprise. Brytenwalda had this; spies and nobles for example.
- Add characters that simply talk to you, ideally in a way your character elaborately converses with everybody else in the storyline, at times resulting in loss or gain with things like; money, renown and reputation, depending on your dialogue choices.
- Expand the rumor system. Currently there are about 10 lines of rumors and all tavern keepers give the same ones, regardless of their location. The rumor system should be a lot more broad and you should get different rumors depending on where you are.

Addition of Frankia and Sweden to the game
I think many of us agree that we'd love to see the two ~ Adding Sweden would give Norway and Denmark more potential enemies to deal with, and the addition of a small part of Frankia could make for some alternative history action with Frisia, likewise, having a better equipped, more professional and more cavalry based faction would greatly boost the variety of the armies in game!

Expanded shield wall formation
Make this an entirely new feature.
Simply by ordering your troops to go to a shield wall, they do all the work of getting their shields in tight formation and the spearmen behind them, to poke the enemy to death, with an overhead stab, if possible.

Shield bash move in SP
With a proper animation to go with it. Ideally have the troops use it too.

Have old warband character proportions and the new ones together in one game
I personally absolutely love the new, bulky character proportions, I do prefer them to the old model, too, but it occured to me - imagine if you could pick a body type for your character, and more importantly-

Imagine the bulky norsemen stomping over the puny angles and saxons. :razz: Of course, I'm not proposing for it to be executed in such a gamey way, but you get the idea. Having this would add a whole other dimension of variety to the game.

That said, it is too much work for too little gain, but I felt like throwing the suggestion out there. I don't realistically expect it, I would however dearly like to see something done about the first two suggestions!

I'll add more suggestions when I think of some, but this is it for now.

Nad? ... so the best sword in the game is a slang word for testicles that's brilliant :razz: So how does one get Nad in the single player campaign without cheating?

Real raven banners:
black on yellow background
http://www.oocities.org/ravensteadhousehold/mjravenbanner01.jpg
white on black background
newbanner4.jpg

Stamina Bar

A good HUD should relay information clearly and quickly, thus, a 'bar' would simply be a better choice over a 'Stamina: 100/100', 'Stamina: 100%', and 'Stamina: High'.

There are some good traits that were in AD 1257 like being able to play as one of your soldiers if you die, and being able to pick up and keep weapons and horses on the battlefield. If these were included, I think the game would be much more interesting and enjoyable. The picking up and keeping things from the battlefield would also add to the game as a realism feature. 

Bigger taverns, everything seems so small.
I don't know if this already exist in the DLC because I haven't got that far but something like creating a order or something like that (like PoP) would be cool but probably time consuming to code.
Prettier females? lol

WeetchKing said:
I don't know if this already exist in the DLC because I haven't got that far but something like creating a order or something like that (like PoP) would be cool but probably time consuming to code.

How about you suggest things appropriate for the period?

I guess many of these have already been suggested but it might help the devs to identify priorities if many of us ask for the same changes.

- Landowner system just like the one based on Brytenwalda

- Bounty hunter quests

- Freelancer system, enabling to join Lords but also Young Warriors in order to help you gain some notoriety in early game

- 2 different types of soldiers available in Mead Hall for recruitment (for ex : Aquitanian Skirmishers and Freeholders). Too many times you travel to a city just to find out that the units there are out of your reach (150+ renown etc...)

- Extend Frisia to the North (1 more city/castle + 3 villages, don't matter to me if you just copy them from pre-existing models) and eventually add Frankish Normandy to avoid faction isolation (I know that's a lot to ask but it would be a complete game changer to me...)

- Introduce some kind of "mass invasion" system with a definite target (Edinburg, London). Perhaps by spawning armies of 300+ just by the shores of england. These armies would not be faction related and would fight only by themselves until destruction. Eventually if they succeed they would form a new micro-faction.This system of neutral groups works pretty well in the "New Dawn" mod, and I think it would fit just right in this DLC. Finally we'd have some real challenging "Viking Conquest" to fight against

- Better armor variety

- Hunting

- An option to toggle of the graphic panel when you enter a city. Would help a lot for low-specs players without having to give up this otherwise awsome feature

Keep up the good work anyway. This game deserves it.

Jug of Issek said:
There are some good traits that were in AD 1257 like being able to play as one of your soldiers if you die, and being able to pick up and keep weapons and horses on the battlefield. If these were included, I think the game would be much more interesting and enjoyable. The picking up and keeping things from the battlefield would also add to the game as a realism feature.

Oh yeah I forgot about being able to loot items on the battlefield! That is a great feature and a great suggestion!

I'd like to, and I think that it is not the only one, to have the chance to walk in his camp every time we camp, and not only in those exceptional cases where there is your partner who needs to talk to you.
Moreover, it would be great to have love affairs with some of their fellow travelers (eg, Solveig) without being forced to marry her/him or marry a woman who does nothing but staying holed up in a house.
Another nice thing would be able to execute people (for example, a prisoner) with the infamous Blood Eagle.
Then, one might add, for those who become the head of a faction, a crown, like the ones that usually bring the kings in the game.
Finally, connecting the camp mentioned previously, it would be nice to be attacked at night, taken by surprise, by the assassins.

Bjørn said:
I'd like to, and I think that it is not the only one, to have the chance to walk in his camp every time we camp, and not only in those exceptional cases where there is your partner who needs to talk to you.
Moreover, it would be great to have love affairs with some of their fellow travelers (eg, Solveig) without being forced to marry her/him or marry a woman who does nothing but staying holed up in a house.
Another nice thing would be able to execute people (for example, a prisoner) with the infamous Blood Eagle.
Then, one might add, for those who become the head of a faction, a crown, like the ones that usually bring the kings in the game.
Finally, connecting the camp mentioned previously, it would be nice to be attacked at night, taken by surprise, by the assassins.
you are such a viking you cant speak english... bjorn raganarsson

Well I already did a thread a while ago but as someone said , better to repeat it here.

-Bounty hunter quest in the mead hall.

-Flipping a coin with the host

-Freelancer, with events and stuff

-Possibility to chose either the new level system or the older one, and maybe lower the level of the units so trainer actually has some use early on.

-Maybe the fast traver interruption you can find in floris.

-More interaction possibilities with lords and npcs in general

-Hunting game for meat and furs(like in Brytenwalda, if possible with actual animal noises, but well, as long as you have the option I dont mind)

-More random events while travelling

Cozur said:
WeetchKing said:

How about no

I can confirm you indeed get a crown when you start your own faction just like the kings wear. I wish there was a way to become a leader of an existing faction, maybe marry the true heir which would cause a civil war. You would try to get the Lord's to back your plot, if it works you would gain most of the Lord's of the faction and of course the kingdom.

Cozur said:

Military Orders existed at the time. They were a central part of Alfred the Great's educational Reform. (Source: Asser)

It's really telling of a person to be passive aggressive towards someone abut something and then be wrong about it. Way to prove yourself again Cozur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom