[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DerGreif, thanks for your points (and for reading it, I know I'm... verborragic. Graduated in Philosofy, we have a problem about being as clear as possible about the simplest of things).

Trully, as of the last patch (with apparently included a slight reduction on experience needs for troops) I've felt more confortable with upgrading and raisind mid tier army in a speedy fashion. That's nice.

About the armor diversity, I still think there's a leap. I've been having a hard time finding things between gambeson and mail, although those two I find frequently.

As for the piercing factor, my point is that the mail armor, and mail based armors of high value, even with the pierce factor, still have a greater reduction of damage than I think they should. The experiences I saw (I had an interesting childhood) showed that plaque and scale based armor have still some value against a thrust weapon, but mail is like butter against spears and florets, albeit against slashing they're like god's will (in one point, an axe is still an axe and it can sometimes do the job. Even if it doesn't cut trough it bloody hurts a lot).

Anyway, none of theese pointers are meant to be solid. Are more of random opinions. M&B is one of my favorite games due to it's legion and I believe the majority will define what's the best possible experience.

Now now now, I'll make a new game as a true norse vinking and see how it goes.

Shonin said:
As for the piercing factor, my point is that the mail armor, and mail based armors of high value, even with the pierce factor, still have a greater reduction of damage than I think they should.

Easy tweak for that if you are not into MP:
edit your modules.ini located on your modules/viking conquest folder

# You can modify the damage system by editing the following values:
# The first three values determine the amount which will be directly subtracted from damage due to armor.
# The next three values determine the percentage reduction from the damage.
#chief cambia
armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 0.8
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.65
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.65

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 1.0
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0.5
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0.8

horse_charge_damage_multiplier        = 1.0
couched_lance_damage_multiplier      = 0.65
fall_damage_multiplier                = 1.0

Change the lod texture for topless hooded picts to something like this:
fhGNL.jpg
So the picts don't look like a pink mass at long range.

Please, somehow allow me to save the game
after I delivered the message to Snotingaham in storymode. It is annoying to go through all the fights again, although I win them easily on the way in and then to start all over again, just because I died on the way out, which is really tough. At least for me.

Thank you so much for all these suggestions.
Just like in the Brytenwalda mod times, your opinions are very important to us.

Surprises are coming.

We know many of you still have more excellent suggestions,
but we must start focussing on actually fulfilling wishes now  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom