[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraggrim said:
HugoBernie said:
Oh head-slot cloak items like in Bryntenwalda so we can not wear helms but still get some armor.

There are no cloaks?! I presumed I'd just missed them. Definitely would like to see some make it in.

There are cloaks but they are attached to some particular chest piece armors now instead of being a separate head piece like in Brytenwalda. My guess would be that this helps to prevent the models of these items from colliding and looking strange in some cases.

:idea: ramps to aid in coastal landings

074.jpg

http://****-k.narod.ru/Historical_Arts/Normans/Normans_07.jpg

:idea: Jomsviking mercenaries  :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jomsvikings

vinland_saga_v02_p023.jpg

vinland_saga_v02_p014.jpg

vinland_saga_v02_p016.jpg

d012.jpg

:idea: wolf fur and bearskin clad berserkers

attachment.php

007.jpg

berserkers-1024x909.jpg

:idea: hunting, whaling and more activities

%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%281%29.jpg

Would it be possible to allow your companions to stay in your refuge, supplementing the staff you've already hired?

I have a lot of towns and castles now and it's becoming obsolete - I use it as a training camp but the hired trainer takes forever and is not very efficient. If i put my three training companions in it would make it a little more useful, but I can't. Or a healer to create a sort of medical camp.

Cheers

Whats so weird if all factions had unique shield shapes?
That could be a great step in the direction of playability.
Maybe the vikings could have round - the picts eggy - the
britons squared - the saxons rectangular - the goths checked.
Historical correctness in all honours but players want more!

**Copied from my thread**

Preface; I know the aim of the mod is to confer some "realism" to the game to portray the setting. With that said lets not forget this is a game. So, magic swords and power leveling? Agreed, no thank you. Something that takes 30 days in game also taking 30 days of real life to accomplish? No thank you!

Some suggestions below. I personally have modded some of this for myself but others I can't. And overall I think these will result in more fun for the average player. I am quite hardcore in M&B (1000+ hours) so it is not that I can’t beat the game in its current state (already finished the story campaign), it is just not fun to spend so much real life time to accomplish things that should be fun not work.

The not fun to do list

.Unit levels are too high which makes leveling them too long/hard - since the AI gets reinforcements automatically and, a random number of each unit type, this makes it really hard to have a competitive army because it takes you days (real life days) of grinding to get 2-5 guys level to highest tier. Meanwhile a lord you just crushed gets his army refilled after 2 in-game days with 10-20 elites. Yeah elite troops where rare back in the day but since you are giving them free and fast to the AI allow the players to level their own faster.

.Hiring prisoner’s morale penalty is too high; one of the ways of offsetting the above is to fight the elite 'rogue' Vikingr, make some prisoners and then having them join you. This can give you elite units fast but at the same time destroys your morale so fast that they all leave you after 2 days. If I have a pagan army the impact of having some rogue Vikings join us should not be that high. Maybe make it high for wrong religion units and lower for same religion.

.Hiring rogue parties; this seems more like a bug, whenever I ask elite 'rogue' units to join me they state their price but I do not have the option to pay it. I only get the attack option. This makes no sense. If they named their price it is my decision to pay it or not. Again this would help with the first problem.

.AI armies replenish too fast and garrisons get out of control; having a lord I just defeated come back 2 days later with a full army again is just not fun (back to the first point). Also garrisons grow too much too fast. After 200 in-game days there are towns with garrisons of 1000! Again broken and not fun. I know this is supposed to be tied to the Campaign AI difficulty option but it should be possible to play on hard without this non-sense. If you want historical realism then garrisons of 1000 and lords getting fully trained armies back in 2 days is neither real nor fun to play.

.When you conquer a fort/town you get no garrison; your garrison should slowly start getting men with time. No need to explain much here since this is a feature of any self-respecting mod. It is not fun to spend real-life hours running through the map getting men for your garrisons. I just cheat at this point. As soon as you get a fort/town it is plausible that news flow that you are hiring and men come to you. This is more fun in game and historically plausible.

.Stamina is a great idea with bad implementation; it just doesn't last long enough. Running 50 meters or 5 sword swings and a heavy unit is done. Not fun. Again the principle here is I don't want to spend in-game time and real-life time on a 1:1 basis. To cross the whole battle map with heavies I have to constantly stop and rest.

.Missions rewards are too low; it should be viable to play something other than a warlord. Getting a mission to deliver ale from Denmark to England rewards 250g?! The passage on the boat alone is around 500g making it a negative outcome. If you have your own ship and men you can make the 250 faster by attacking a random group of thieves. Mission rewards need to be higher/balanced with war rewards to allow different play styles. Right now the easiest way to make money is attacking people for loot and slave.

.Broken economy; trade is not worth it. Across the map journeys get you 20-50g per unit traded. Buying a land for an enterprise in town actually gives you negative weekly income! Again that leaves the player with only the option to be a warlord.

.Have the option to serve in a lord’s army. Doesn't exist yet it is available on free mods…

.Extended diplomacy. Seriously… free in mods. Not available in a paid dlc…

.2 handed axes. Just put them in already. There was such a thing as a woodcutter's axe back in the day. Or even harvesting scythes. Or clubs wielded with 2 hands. I understand keeping them out since an organized troop would not use them so much because shields were important. But 'rogue' units and the player could have them.

Story campaign

Ok this was really good and I can see you spend quite some time here. At least that makes the money I paid worth it. With that said you need to look at mission balance. So far I have done the story by taking the side of the Danes. 2 missions would take a casual player days/weeks to accomplish, namely conquering and holding the fort for 30 days, and the battle at Sven’s camp. These are only possible when you have amassed a huge army with high lvl units and have a steady high income. This is possible but it takes a lot of time! The focus of the story campaign should be the story. I think most people will stop at the fort mission or repeatedly fail the last mission since Sven’s army is all crazy elites.

Made a separate thread before but it looks like my suggestion belongs here:

Walking/Stamina Conservation: Could we have a 'Walk' toggle we could assign to a key of our choosing?

Currently to preserve stamina before a fight as the armies get closer it makes sense to walk, it's immersive and it allows you to have energy when you engage in the melee. But to walk the only way is to hold the 'shift'  key and zoom in, one it's annoying to zoom in (though maybe immersive if you're holding a shield and have poor visibility) but secondly it's annoying to have to hold an extra key the whole time. Though at least it does currently work in preserving stamina before a fight as you move into position, and that feels great to do.

Heard anecdotally that if you reassign the 'Zoom' button to not be shift, that shift remains as a walk option with no zoom, but i'd still prefer something you can toggle to something you need to hold.

Pesky Welsh: can i build a mighty Dyke across western Mercia to keep those infernal cattle-stealing Welsh out? The only way to put an end to their nonsense is to conquer their lands, and why would anybody want to own those lands? Ok my first suggestion may be more serious.

Bring back the battle keys from brytenwalda ... Y'know, B for that furious roar and U to encourage your troops (and heal them 33%), at the cost of experience

Heskeytime said:
Made a separate thread before but it looks like my suggestion belongs here:

Walking/Stamina Conservation: Could we have a 'Walk' toggle we could assign to a key of our choosing?

Currently to preserve stamina before a fight as the armies get closer it makes sense to walk, it's immersive and it allows you to have energy when you engage in the melee. But to walk the only way is to hold the 'shift'  key and zoom in, one it's annoying to zoom in (though maybe immersive if you're holding a shield and have poor visibility) but secondly it's annoying to have to hold an extra key the whole time. Though at least it does currently work in preserving stamina before a fight as you move into position, and that feels great to do.
Thats a good one. And to preserve de stamina of your troops you could use the "Ten steps forward", because a "march" command doesn't make sense with the universe of VC.

It would be cool if a dev responded to this thread if they actually plan on adding more features rather then just bugfixing, though this is stickied so I assume they do?

KACollver said:
It would be cool if a dev responded to this thread if they actually plan on adding more features rather then just bugfixing, though this is stickied so I assume they do?

Would be nice for Devs to state their intentions for VC beyond bug-fixes. How much they intend to add onto it is a major factor for my final feeling on if it was worth it.

As is bug-fixed its too bare on features and without more added in well... i won't be pleased. it'd also be such a damn shame. The base game of VC is excellent. To leave it so incomplete would be to take a potentially amazing game and just leave it mediocre.

VC has the potential to be the best mount and blade experience to date but if it doesn't realize that potential then its all meaningless.

Or maybe if two factions share one shield shape they
need alternative characteristics to appear different!

KACollver said:

They already confirmed they're going to add more content in the future. For now they have to focus on fixing the current state of the game as suggestions (for future contents) are on their lowest priority.

For the sake of diversity here are a few opportunities the devs can look at-

1. Unique campaign lord models for each major culture like what was done in WFAS, I really don't like seeing my Irish lords looking like vikings.

2. More unit diversity, some factions need a kick in this area because all my armies feel pretty identical. Here is my bare minimum list:

Welsh bowmen - Welsh need a unit that really stands out, doesn't make sense to give the best archer unit to the faction that has the best infantry. 
sw05.jpg
Beserkers - Make these guys recruitable at a pagan shrine in Noraway or Denmark. 
attachment.php
Teulu - Some helmets with horse tails in the mix please.
GB%2BTeulu%2B3.jpg

3. Hornmen, Standard Bearers, and priest - Make these unit more available to the player for recruitment, I hardly ever can get these unit types.

4. Better Banners - There are some really missed opportunities here, for example no red welsh dragon or black raven banner WTF!!!!!!. NOT to mention most of the banners need to be cleaned up a bit. For example the color field for most shields does not cover the entire shield and there is a white edge on the top or bottom of the shield.
jkKAxP5.png

Black raven banner
9581358.jpg
Red Dragon
dragon.jpg

Asulador said:
KACollver said:

They already confirmed they're going to add more content in the future. For now they have to focus on fixing the current state of the game as suggestions (for future contents) are on their lowest priority.
Cool, thanks for the answer!

NAVAL COMBAT!

1. Give us the option to organize which troop goes on what ship (including my character) through the Army menu. This is a NO BRAINER addition that needs to arrive asap in my opinion.

2. Unlimited ammo feels ridiculous and way too arcadey. I could be alone here.  To fix this, replace unlimited reserves with just additional ammo. Simply multiplying, or adding quantity based on base capacity would do the trick, pick one. Reason being, battleships definitely had weapon reserves stored onboard, but unlimited? Nah. I find this woefully inconsistent if we look at the structure of historical accuracy you're trying to build this game on. UNLIMITED ammo, but no 1h/2h Dane Axe? I think many would happily swap out these "historical inaccuracies", if the latter can even be considered that.

3. Soldiers drowning to death. I think this was a bug thats been partially fixed? It happened to me recently, so of its intentional, please just make it knock them out. Its just silly losing an expensive, or highly-invested top tier unit to something like this.

Thank you, good luck, and godspeed.

SmattlePattle said:
c) No simple way to split ships up and choose to only use 1 boat from your fleet.

I would definitely second this one. I have 8 ships. Seems crazy that I cannot take one out to move just me and companions. can't even put them in port together.

1. Unique campaign lord models for each major culture like what was done in WFAS, I really don't like seeing my Irish lords looking like vikings.

Just to add to this,  it would be nice if the player gets the campaign model to match the culture they pick. The current model for the player is terrible and why is it grossly oversized, it looks crazy and out of place. For example if you pick Welsh culture for your character you would get the Welsh culture Lord campaign map icon. Very simple system that is a reasonable accomplishment.

Campaign Ship model (for the player)

Not sure but the player campaign ship model never scales. You only have one tiny ship no matter your fleet size. The sad thing is lord fleets scale to 1, 3, 5, and 7 ships. This system could easily be made available for the player.

when this game is finally fixed I wouldn't mind seeing Iceland and possibly even the east coast of Canada added,viking Runestones were discovered in many places in the Americas like Oklahoma, Michigan and Newfoundland ,would be a very cool opportunity to fight some native American factions,im not saying add most of the Americas just add maybe Newfoundland to the map.

Goliath118 said:
when this game is finally fixed I wouldn't mind seeing Iceland and possibly even the east coast of Canada added,viking Runestones were discovered in many places in the Americas like Oklahoma, Michigan and Newfoundland ,would be a very cool opportunity to fight some native American factions,im not saying add most of the Americas just add maybe Newfoundland to the map.
I believe this will only be possible in mods, since none of these were discovered at the time period of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom