Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Riddles said:
They should have a specialized group to take the best ideas of each mod and just package it, so people don't have to download 10 mods and make 10 characters just to be satisfied in one aspect at a time...

What about people like me that only like and are satisified by this mod? :razz:

It's true though; you'd never get anyone to agree on anything. Imagine even trying to get agreement on something simple like starting difficulty. And, don't take this the wrong way, but I've never seen a bigger group of pedants gathered in one place as is on these forums. Agreement? Pshaw!  :lol:

Josef_the_Pretender said:
It's true though; you'd never get anyone to agree on anything. Imagine even trying to get agreement on something simple like starting difficulty. And, don't take this the wrong way, but I've never seen a bigger group of pedants gathered in one place as is on these forums. Agreement? Pshaw!  :lol:
I'm dutch so pedants? Can't get the whole picture without that word  :oops:

Ikor said:
Josef_the_Pretender said:
I'm dutch so pedants? Can't get the whole picture without that word  :oops:

This word exists in German as well, so I'm pretty sure that there is a very similar Dutch word for this, too. (Dutch is quite a mixture of German and English  :wink: )

Pedants are kind of "perfectionists", people who do everything totally correct and take care of every single little tiny detail.

Well, Mister Joker:
Pédant is actually a French word. Maybe originating from the Greek "Paidos" (Child) --> a Pedant was originally a teacher.
In modern French, it has taken a pejorative form. A pédant isn't just a perfectionnist. He doesn't miss an opportunity to display his mediocre knowledge, in a very vain, pretentious manner.

See there, I'm being pédant:razz:

Lord Samuel said:
Well, Mister Joker:
Pédant is actually a French word. Maybe originating from the Greek "Paidos" (Child) --> a Pedant was originally a teacher.
In modern French, it has taken a pejorative form. A pédant isn't just a perfectionnist. He doesn't miss an opportunity to display his mediocre knowledge, in a very vain, pretentious manner.

See there, I'm being pédant.   :razz:
Whatever.. If you want the word in dutch: Perfectionist: It means that someone always looks at the (mostly) unimportand details... I do it, but not with my schoolwork... (I hate that >.<)

OK, i've got an idea, but i don't know if it's already mentioned (I'm not going to read 72 pages)

but what about saddles,

you can buy a saddle as you buy a piece of armour/ a weapon, etc.
and it slightly improves your speed and/or charge
and maybe you can have models with up to 2 extra weapon slots (only usable when on mount), but a reduced speed or something

would that be possible :?:

speyki said:
OK, i've got an idea, but i don't know if it's already mentioned (I'm not going to read 72 pages)

but what about saddles,

you can buy a saddle as you buy a piece of armour/ a weapon, etc.
and it slightly improves your speed and/or charge
and maybe you can have models with up to 2 extra weapon slots (only usable when on mount), but a reduced speed or something

would that be possible :?:

I get the idea and I don't think it was mentioned before :wink:
I believe they had something like this in a western mod... You could add your rifle to your horse to reduce your weapon 'inventory' but i'm not sure about that one  :wink:

I don't know if someone thought this before (72 pages are too much to read!)

I think you should change the tournament system in a more realistic and cool way:

The tournament should comprehend 3 or 4 different kinds of challenges:

1) The archery competition (smells like Robin Hood but I don't mind)

2) The footman's melee: 2 teams with standard or random equipment fighting each other

3) The horseman's melee: same as previous one but with horses (it may be melted with the previous one or replaced by actual tournament mode)

4) The Lord's Competition:
(This should be awesome but quite hard to do)

-->Only Lords and Kings can participate

-->You enter the challenge with your own equipment (I think there is something like this in 1257AD)

-->There are 5 (I think it should be the number) "Defenders"

-->You can choose which Defender to challenge

-->If you beat a Defender,you'll take his place as Defender

-->No money bets, the bet in every fight it's your whole equipment (horse,armor,weapons) and the other one's

-->After every fight the looser can try to offer a ransom for his equipment (if he can) and the winner can decide to take the money or keep the stuff
(can be a way to gain unique equipment or to sell it for better price): obviously it should affect, or be affected by, relashionship, persuasion, honour...

-->I'm not sure about the ending: there could be a last fight between the Defenders or they all could be considered the winners

-->Final price should be money, of course, but I think it's better something like great amounts of renown or relationship or some cool piece of equipment
(I don't care so much)

I'm not a modder so it's just a suggestion.

P.S.
Sorry for my painful English...

I must say I really like the idea of betting your own equipment.
And the 'ransom' idea is great.

I really like suggestions involving a better use of relationship, honor and persuasion.

All that would require a complicated makeover of the tournament system, though.
I guess Jinnai & Merc would have to involve one more modder in the team for this kind of stuff?...

Actually it's not an idea of mine: it's just how the tournaments really worked in the middle ages.

Betting one's own equipment wasn't a problem for greater lords but was a great deal for little vassals or hedge knights,
usually it was almost everything they have!

Sometimes was granted to the winner the right to give the title of "prettiest" (don't know how to say in english...) to wich lady he prefers among the watchers
There was only a symbolic price (maybe some money, I don't know) because the real warrants came from winning other lords equipment and selling it back.

It could be awesome to improve politics too.

I see you already put something in this mod (I must say: IT'S A GREAT JOB GUYS!) but I think it can be still improved.

For example it should be great to have the possibility of hiring assasins to kill rival lords (or be killed by...), not just lords of other kingdoms but also yours:
it could be a method of freeing fiefs for you to reclaim or to eliminate an untrustable vassal and replace him without risking a rebellion.

Another thing to think about it's a marriage and family system, but I think it's quite impossible to do.
A marriage can give you lands and money or allow you to reclaim other kingdoms' crowns.
Your sons can become new commanders and vassals, but they can also try to take your place!

...sorry, I guess I should stop bothering you with such things...

I forgot a thing:

during tournaments, when you become a defender, the number,strenght and wealth of opponents should be affected by your renown and honour ratings.

With high renown only the stongest fighters dare to challenge you, but they are less in number.
If you have high honour rating they will risk their best equipment even if they have not enough money to repay it, hoping you're going to give it back even for little money (this can happen if you're the looser...)

How about a possibility to rescue an lord from the city prison? There would be a few ways to accomplish this:

First, you have to inform the lord about the escape plan by going into the dungeons (By bribing the guard), and you have 2 options after that:

1) You wait until the night comes and guards are switched. On his way to the town barracks, you attack him. Then we come to the battle screen, where you have to defeat the guard. When you do, the screen changes and it tells you that you have the prison key and have freed Lord [Insert name here] before a new guard arrives.

After that, there is a random chance that you are encountered by more guards and have to fight your way through them. This time you will have the freed lord fighting besides you, armed with fists/maybe a weapon got from the dead guard?
Or, an alternative way:

2) You have to bribe the city guard in and near the prison, with a moderately large amount of money (1-6k denars, depending how important the lord or king is.), which allows you to free the Lord and leave the city without problem.

Some other lords/kings/khans could also give you a quest to do this, but it would be possible anytime. (Like the "Save the village from marauding bandits" quests.)
After leaving the town, the lord leaves your party and materializes in a friendly castle in a few days. Like the freed lords and kings always do.

Then to another suggestion: It is possible that all those companions you can hire could also be hostile? Like, they could join an enemy army and fight alongside them, or even ally with bandits, sea raiders, mercenaries and such. This would be even more likely if they have left your party sometimes and have bad memories about your company and the possible faction you belong in. Also depends on their personality.
Then you could beat them and take them as prisoners, like lords and such. I have no idea what to do after that though. You could persuade them to join you, like normal prisoners.. :?: But it would be a great thing anyways.

Terror said:
How about a possibility to rescue an lord from the city prison? There would be a few ways to accomplish this:

First, you have to inform the lord about the escape plan by going into the dungeons (By bribing the guard), and you have 2 options after that:

1) You wait until the night comes and guards are switched. On his way to the town barracks, you attack him. Then we come to the battle screen, where you have to defeat the guard. When you do, the screen changes and it tells you that you have the prison key and have freed Lord [Insert name here] before a new guard arrives.

After that, there is a random chance that you are encountered by more guards and have to fight your way through them. This time you will have the freed lord fighting besides you, armed with fists/maybe a weapon got from the dead guard?
Or, an alternative way:

2) You have to bribe the city guard in and near the prison, with a moderately large amount of money (1-6k denars, depending how important the lord or king is.), which allows you to free the Lord and leave the city without problem.

Some other lords/kings/khans could also give you a quest to do this, but it would be possible anytime. (Like the "Save the village from marauding bandits" quests.)
After leaving the town, the lord leaves your party and materializes in a friendly castle in a few days. Like the freed lords and kings always do.

Then to another suggestion: It is possible that all those companions you can hire could also be hostile? Like, they could join an enemy army and fight alongside them, or even ally with bandits, sea raiders, mercenaries and such. This would be even more likely if they have left your party sometimes and have bad memories about your company and the possible faction you belong in. Also depends on their personality.
Then you could beat them and take them as prisoners, like lords and such. I have no idea what to do after that though. You could persuade them to join you, like normal prisoners.. :?: But it would be a great thing anyways.

Yeah, I concur.
The first time I played Native Ex, I thought that "Mangudai" and "Arban" were actually new NPC heroes. I found it really cool that they were in Khergit armies.
I was a bit disappointed (well, not a lot) when I discovered that they were just new troops.

Just to be on-topic:

- Ability to grant land to Lords by just talking to them
- End a war by taking the ennemy sovereign prisoner/hostage, then force him to accept peace.

There is some very annoying thing - when you become monarch you can ask your companion to form his own raiding party. This command is not used very often but it replaces second command that used (sorry for my english) very often "tell me about your skills". When you are simple warrior you are getting used to click second line of commands to examine companion's stats. When you are monarch it constantly leads to forming raiding party when you simply want to develop your companion. It is very annoying. It would be much better if new commands that player do not use massively move to the end of command list and do not change original command order. Extend list, but do not modify its original part without strong need.

This is really a problem of your lack of adaptability and refusal to pay attention, and less an issue of design.

The companions going AWOL would be sweet. The more they can do the better IMO.

daumor said:
This is really a problem of your lack of adaptability and refusal to pay attention, and less an issue of design.

I would agree if there would be some sense in adding that command there between two that players use all the time. I can see none. The move to choose that option (NPC development screen) is automatic and such modifications just break it. For what purpose? Some technical limitations or what?

I have a suggestion for adding new music to the new patch for the makers(if there is going to be a new one haha), Its a band Called "Blackmores Night", they are an old renicasnesne Something I cant spell it haha, an old 1300-1400 band, They play alot of old style music and it sounds amazing, check them out, they have Instrumental and vocal songs, and they have alot of songs to choose from, So take it a glance over, Peace out :3

Back
Top Bottom