Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

well I haven't seriously begun yet, but when I have the almost-finished form I'll hopefully post the sceenshot

there must be some good textures in the web for the blade and ornamental  parts, I I'm just really bad with that UV-mapping thingy  :razz:

I think patrols, scouts and unique parties should be tweaked, so when they intercept someone who's in war with their kingdom, they won't give the option to just say goodbye and leave. It's strange, when patrol intercepts you, asks you, what do you want and then just go elsewhere.

The Mercenary said:
Could you screenshot it?

Also, neither of us can texture. :???:

here it is:

It's not much but I didn't think you'd make it a unique weapon anyway  :smile: It's got 244 polygons which should about average for a weapon like this(according to some guides)

The only problem I had is that at the place where I put the circle in the screenshot, there's some annoying flickering maybe caused by some edges/faces I overlooked.
I'll send it to you if you like it and plan to implement it and maybe you can fix that + we can both experiment with some textures and look what's best

Bunduqdari, since you have texturing skills, do you think you could also take a look at texturing the swadian knight helms? Right now they're just gray blobs, which drives me crazy. I'm stoked that there's finally a texturer around here to go along with the awesome coders.

you probably didn't read my previous post to Jinnai  :lol:, I don't know how to do textures

The cleaver you saw in that post was my first "serious" 3d model EVER, because I'd just downloaded Wings a few days ago.

I watched the HighElf's texturing tuturial but I can't seem to do it the way he does  :razz:
If I tried, I'd probably make an even worse helmet.

still, thanks for your faith in me  :lol:

good luck with that :wink:

btw: I've corrected the annoying flickering in the circle area, just needed deleting some edges.

Ratel said:
Thuellai said:
Possible equation for the bribe amount:  6000 + -50 x Relation (so that when multiplied against negative relations, it adds to the cost, but against positive relations, it moves the bribe down).  This way, most lords (those you've captured only once and never met before) would cost 6500 to hire, way more than the money you'd get from ransoming.  And even lords who absolutely adore you (100 Relation) would take that -10 hit and end up costing 1500 to hire.

Add a zero and I agree. It must be hugely expensive. It must be worth their while, to change compeletly, and a option we wont jump into too quickly.

If we make it that expensive, I think we should add some more values considered - possibilities include the absolute value of your honor (a lord is more likely to join a lord with a reputation - if positive, because he knows he'll be treated well, if negative, because he's afraid of what'll happen if he doesn't), your renown (a lord of greater fame is more likely to bring glory on him) and stuff like that.

I'm mentioned in other threads that we will probably not be adding any method of recruiting lords from active factions.  You MUST defeat the faction first.  *IF* I am convinced to add this (and only The Merc would be able to convince me of it) then I would also balance it with the ability for the AI to hire your lords out from under you as well.  And given they tend to have more money... it's probably not something you'd want.  Companions will probably fill the needed lord role once I finish patching that in.

Jinnai (and Merc) what do you think of the weapon I modelled?  You did notice the screenshot didn't you? I reduced it to 239 polygons.

Bunduqdari said:
Jinnai (and Merc) what do you think of the weapon I modelled?  You did notice the screenshot didn't you? I reduced it to 239 polygons.

I thought it looked pretty good.  But as I said in the response to your message to me The Merc handles pretty much all the troop and item choices.  I purposely try to stay as far away from that as possible.

I would like to have more accuracy on bows. I have a fairly high archery skill and when I besieged a castle and tried to hit some enemys on the wall, nearly 3/4 of my arrows missed their aim ... :/

This has been brought up many times in other threads.  It was a balance issue given bows now do more damage.  If you want guaranteed accuracy use a crossbow.  Your other option is to hunt the elusive ivory bow (it doesn't show up in shops) since it has an accuracy rating of 99, which was the default in Native.

Have you guys ever looked at some of the cattle tweaks MageLord suggests? I'm mainly concerned about the growth coding and finding villages that actually have cattle at later stages in the game. If you'd like, I can pull his thing up, and make the suggested changes, but I'd love for them to get in so I'm not constantly changing, as those ones are less straightforward than some of the others I use.

Unless The Merc tells me to do it, the cattle driving will remain as it is in Native, no simple following.  The cattle growth is definitely something I intend to look at, whether it be the tweak's solution or something else I'm not sure.  I'll probably go with something very similar to the tweak though because I agree it's friggin annoying never finding cattle anywhere.

Well, we got wireless working. Half the time.
So.

I'm back to some...ish coding. I have midterms coming up...and the SATs...

I'd love to see Zendar and the Salt Mines and all those types of things back.I also think the blackjack and horse merchant mod would be cool to add. I would also love to see more parties running around Calaradia led by an adventurer. I really think it would be awesome if we had the ability to recruit bandit and mercenary parties and turn them into patrols/scouts for your kingdom. Another cool thing is an armourer who can create rare/unique items/armours/shields if you bring him materials. And more things to hunt lying around the plains. I'd also love to see lots of the new bandits you created and I personally think it would be fun to be able to find the theives and looters and bandits in towns and be avle to kill them for a reward. I also think you should be able to brace large shields like you brace spears but iot would make any attacks from the direction it face useless and cavalry should knock the shields down when they hit them,but the cavalry should also stop.

Back
Top Bottom