Suggestions and Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else have the problem that all the caravans seem to be carrying fur and not much else (especially the Danish ones), and all the Goods Merchants have large supplies of fur, so you get very little money for it?  Makes raiding caravans a rather unprofitable passtime.

Just a little thing:
The horses at the arenas seem to be the native ones. They are certainly much faster and agile than the ones I can buy.
It would be more appropriate if they were the same as the ones outside the arena.

Guys this map is ... huge.It takes 2 days to go 1 village to another  :sad:
Its hard to find enemys too long and it make getting good troops very hard :sad:
But good mode

Hestim said:
Guys this map is ... huge.It takes 2 days to go 1 village to another  :sad:
Its hard to find enemys too long and it make getting good troops very hard :sad:
But good mode
one way - cheat.

Just a quick post:

The fur issue and arena horses will be added to the fix list.

In regards to the map issue, I've already mentioned several times that it's being redone for the patch release. It's what I'm working on at the moment. I've just finished rescaling the obj file to 45% of the original size.

Markus II said:
Just a quick post:

The fur issue and arena horses will be added to the fix list.

In regards to the map issue, I've already mentioned several times that it's being redone for the patch release. It's what I'm working on at the moment. I've just finished rescaling the obj file to 45% of the original size.

Whatever you do, keep Wigan on the map  :lol: Or else I'll....send hordes of pie eating danes your way! :razz:

EDIT: The new map in 1.1 is really good. I didn't have a problem with the other big one,
but this looks more interesting and especially the more dense forests are nice.
The hewing spear still doesn't swing. I suppose that's a bug.

By the way Markus, I took the liberty of making a thread on this mod at the M&B subforum at www.TWCenter.com

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3032200#post3032200

No such thing as overexposure  :smile:  (it has already attracted new players)
If there's anything you disagree with - or if there are any mistakes - just let me know.

Let me just say first, great mod, I love actually having a use for infantry and having a version of the game where I done just ride really fast and shoot or hack and ride some more (although that is fun too). I suggest (and I'm not the first for this) troop trees because alot of those troops have wierd names and some people are reporting that fyrdmen not going to Thegns are bugs. I would also like to suggest (and I almost reported this as a bug) making the Scots more kickass, they are after all Scottish, Eagle and Cross has some good plaid armour (although historically inaccuarate for the time, maybe plaid leggings?). Right now they pretty much suck, even the Chieftien type is no match for a thegn and a group of 40 is easy prey to 15 britons with 7 Helwyr (which I've done repeatedly with no or few losses). King Constantine is also supposed to be king of the Picts so if you get around to it you might want to add in some Pictish stuff (which may or may not have ever existed, for instance the hand crossbow and woad tattoos), certainly square shields and spears anyways. Also, isn't it redundant to say Scots Raiders, I seem to recall Scot meaning Raider. A sixth faction would also be cool but thats probably an awful lot of work.

Currently the compass points south rather than north. My suggestion is to flip the world around so everything is aligned properly.  :smile:

Jordash said:
Currently the compass points south rather than north. My suggestion is to flip the world around so everything is aligned properly.  :smile:
why are mods that have maps that are based on the real worlds always upside down?
eg. Legions Extended
    Hundred Years War
    Legions

Here's a further suggestion, separate troop trees for farmers of different nations. At the moment it seems somewhat odd having farmers who I rescued in British territory upgrade into Saxon mercs.

Charidemus said:
Jordash said:
why are mods that have maps that are based on the real worlds always upside down?
eg. Legions Extended
    Hundred Years War
    Legions

For some reason, before the compass, I always thought north was away from the ocean. Perhaps it comes from living in the US, where that is basically the case. I don't know.

James said:
Charidemus said:
Jordash said:
eg. Legions Extended
    Hundred Years War
    Legions

For some reason, before the compass, I always thought north was away from the ocean. Perhaps it comes from living in the US, where that is basically the case. I don't know.

Another fine product of the American education system, thank God I'm in Canada to the South :grin:

I also suggest removing horses from the arena altogether (or if horses are involved in a match make everyone on a horse).

Lowlandlord said:
Let me just say first, great mod, I love actually having a use for infantry and having a version of the game where I done just ride really fast and shoot or hack and ride some more (although that is fun too). I suggest (and I'm not the first for this) troop trees because alot of those troops have wierd names and some people are reporting that fyrdmen not going to Thegns are bugs. I would also like to suggest (and I almost reported this as a bug) making the Scots more kickass, they are after all Scottish, Eagle and Cross has some good plaid armour (although historically inaccuarate for the time, maybe plaid leggings?). Right now they pretty much suck, even the Chieftien type is no match for a thegn and a group of 40 is easy prey to 15 britons with 7 Helwyr (which I've done repeatedly with no or few losses). King Constantine is also supposed to be king of the Picts so if you get around to it you might want to add in some Pictish stuff (which may or may not have ever existed, for instance the hand crossbow and woad tattoos), certainly square shields and spears anyways. Also, isn't it redundant to say Scots Raiders, I seem to recall Scot meaning Raider. A sixth faction would also be cool but thats probably an awful lot of work.

Lowlandlord,

I'll look into buffing up the Scot with the release of Version 1.2.

Charidemus said:
Jordash said:
eg. Legions Extended
     Hundred Years War
     Legions

Charidemus,

Thorgrim's Map Editor always starts pointing south instead of north. Most modders (myself included) only figure this out after we've spent many days and many hours building and detailing our maps.... :sad:

Dain Ironfoot said:
Here's a further suggestion, separate troop trees for farmers of different nations. At the moment it seems somewhat odd having farmers who I rescued in British territory upgrade into Saxon mercs.

Dain,

The problem is that the farmers on the map draw from one source for all kingdoms and i'm very unsure about how to change it. Likewise, town walkers all look like they're from Saxon/Danish stock, rather than the look of the Britons, even if they're walking around Welsh towns. I could set it up so that farmers can upgrade to either the Saxon Mercs tree or the Briton Mercs tree.

I have a suggestion for horses. Instead of mare, horse, heavy horse, war horse, how about something with a little more personality considering the setting?

Such as:

Arabian Destriers - highest quality, rarest, most extremely expensive, the finest horse from the finest breeders in the world.
Suggested retail value: 80k shillings

Spanish Coursers – high quality, fairly rare, very expensive, fine war horses from Spain where breeding continued with less interuption than in the north.
Suggested retail value: 40k shillings

Frankish Palfreys – good quality, expensive, found commonly in major ports like Lundene and south Wessex, these horses are the product of recent controlled breeding by the Franks as an attempt to recreate the war horse.
Suggested retail value: 20k shillings

Frisian Rounceys – fairly common, fair quality, these would be decent horses that are the product of some controlled breeding selecting for characteristics of a war horse.
Suggested retail value: 12k shillings

Saxon Hobbies – common, adequate quality, these would be the horses commonly found on the Isles that were the product of uncontrolled or lax breeding after Rome left.
Suggested retail value: 8k shillings

I think in general horses should be more expensive considering how rare and important they were in the British Isles let alone the medieval times. It also makes getting a horse more satisfying.

Markus,

Just about the only thing I can think of that could make your mod even better is more variety in shields.

The now-dead Viking Raiders: The Dark Ages mod, by FerdiadITA, has (had) some excellent shields. I wonder if you can't ask him if you could incorporate them into your mod. I'm sure he wont mind, since he isnt working on that mod any more.

Thanks,

And thanks for this tremendous mod!

Back
Top Bottom