[Suggestion] Wider field-of-view in first person? (EDIT: Confirmed by Armagan!)

Users who are viewing this thread

This is based purely on complaints I've heard from others about playing from the first-person perspective. While I find FPP fun sometimes, I definitely don't really use it much at all. However, if its effectiveness were balanced such that it had a viewing angle in line with the third person perspective, we might be able to call first-person and third-person somewhat equal.

If a slight "wide angle" type view were applied to the first-person camera, bringing in a bit more of the edges of players' vision to the screen, would this be a bad thing in any way? Many people complain about being stabbed/shot from people they couldn't even see (that they would've been able to see had they been in third person). I know that I can certainly see things standing directly next to me far better than a M&B character can. I'm not talking about a distorted, curved barrel-type effect, more like just widening the FOV a bit, really. Obviously, third-person combat would still give you the advantage of seeing things behind you and having better awareness of your enemies' attack directions in close-quarters, but I think this would at least bring the gameplay to a point where I might seriously consider using first-person. Just a thought.

I completely agree. The FoV in first person is so limiting that it's impossible for me to use it in melee - I only use it for ranged fighting, since it seems to give me better precision/turning.

Also i would like to state that The weps are in your face in FP

Edit: The nord 2 handed axe completely blocks you when you try a Top strike.

Yeah first weapons and shields could use some work for some situations. Although I think shields can be moved around a lot more now so they are less of an issue.

Weapon animations are sometimes hard to make out in First person now, in singleplayer the attack direction was clear, now the arm is usually put behind your character(or at least out of your FoV) making it hard to judge your attack direction during combat where you don't have time to wiggle around your view to find your arm position.

Also would agree with a wider FoV.

The only thing FP view is truly useful for is aiming shooting weapons and couching.  If you try to throw something, your shield completely blocks your view, as well as several weapon attacks.

Completely agree with increasing 1st person FOV. I do enjoy playing 1st person sometimes, but it has such a small viewing angle that I can't play to my full potential compared to 3rd person, since it has a much bigger FOV.

Armagan said:
Thank you very much for bringing this up. It'll be done.

if there were a hug emoticon I'd use it now.
:hug emoticon that does not exist but only in your mind, insert it here:

Back
Top Bottom