[Suggestion] Wider field-of-view in first person? (EDIT: Confirmed by Armagan!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not to my knowledge...but I have been using 1st person since I have begun playing M&B, so it might be like a lobster getting boiled in a pot...they don't notice it if you slowly increase the temperature.

Add my name to the list for a wider FoV in first person, an option to choose which FoV angle you want would be nice, not like it give use an advantage anyway, just permit to us 1st person user to get a bit closer to 3rd person which will always have greater FoV.

PsykoOps said:
You can change that with numpad - and + keys.

Not in first person.

+ and - keys control the distance the camera is from the character. Not the Field of view (aka the angle of view)

425px-Angle_of_view.svg.png

YES!
Testing with warband 0.720, and triplehead works!
Thank you!
(spoilered due to large images (though, i scaled them down quite a bit)
SoftTH_mb_warband_000120210486.jpg

SoftTH_mb_warband_000119879685.jpg
it works and it looks great!

HOWEVER... all the gui elements stretch, which looks pretty darn ugly;
SoftTH_mb_warband_000119418562.jpg
While they still work, it's really hard to read and follow when it runs around the room so wide..
You don't get the brunt of it in a scaled down image here but on three monitors it's messy.
This also affects all text ingame, and all other 2d interface elements.
Would it be possible to make gui elements stay the same aspect ratio?
All the menu elements could well be fixed in a center 4:3 screen area with just the background texture stretched
Especially the archer's aiming reticle is annoying as you have to look at it all the time and it is a wide oval now
This isn't only a triplehead issue.. i'm sure widescreen users suffer from it aswell (though to a lesser degree, but still)

Great work so far guys :smile:
*shows a thumbs up*

shole said:
While they still work, it's really hard to read and follow when it runs around the room so wide..
You don't get the brunt of it in a scaled down image here but on three monitors it's messy.
All the menu elements could well be fixed in a center 4:3 screen area with just the background texture stretched
Especially the archer's aiming reticle is annoying as you have to look at it all the time and it is a wide oval now
This isn't only a triplehead issue.. i'm sure widescreen users suffer from it aswell (though to a lesser degree, but still)

*shows a thumbs up*

No worries, I've posted a few bugs in the bug reporting tool about those things and gotten feedback saying they're being addressed in the next beta release. :smile:

shole said:
YES!
Testing with warband 0.720, and triplehead works!
Thank you!
(spoilered due to large images (though, i scaled them down quite a bit)
SoftTH_mb_warband_000120210486.jpg

SoftTH_mb_warband_000119879685.jpg
it works and it looks great!

*shows a thumbs up*

That look exactly like what I want (except for UI part)

Just wish this was a single screen solution. Cause have to budget to buy the new computer I begin to need (processor often going into overheat and computer is AGP so need to upgrade everything but the ram and power supply), so buying a triplehead box and 3 monitor (still using a giant monitor, which would not be well suited for such duty since of room it take and because it got large screen border) is bit out of question right now.

new ati cards support multiple monitors directly and nvidia is supposedly working on an equal solution
in the meanwhile, as long as you have three outputs, you can use softth to play on three monitors (like i am)
just note that softth takes some config-file fiddling and will not work on all games

Faranox said:
SteveO said:
If you try to throw something, your shield completely blocks your view, as well as several weapon attacks.
This is my biggest gripe with FPP, as a player who exclusively uses it.

How do you survive gangfights that are not 1 on 1 lines?
How do you survive being ganked by cavalry?

3rd person users, often strafe around me because they know i use  fp and it makes it hard for me to follow them lol
so sick of being hit in the back.

Skot the Sanguine said:
I own a great helm, and when I bought the thing I had about two dozen measurements of my face made (such as distance between the eyes, distances from eyes to outside of head, height of forehead, etc) so that the little slits that you look through actually do not impede vision. 

The only thing the Great Helm really impedes is breathing....but as of yet there is no way to have a computer reach out and suffocate you...which would solve forum trolling if they did.

LOL , wrong time period, go buy a baseball cap.

Back
Top Bottom