• Yay!

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ghoura Agur

Sergeant at Arms
I have searched, bretheren, perhaps not as diligently as I might've, but I have looked, and have failed to find a similar topic.

Whenever the attackers scale the walls, (I'm thinking of the Castle Map with the seige tower and the gaping hole in the keep) they will, with time and luck, slay their opponents, and move forward across the castle, pushing the defenders back.

However, as they move forward, they'll often find themselves getting attacked in the rear.  How can this be given that they've just cleared the tower they scaled of all enemies?  There was no walkway, no staircase by which the defenders might've arrived and then surprised the attackers.  I'm rather certain they didn't lower themselves on bedsheets from the window!

The trouble is even though the defenders are pushed back, their spawn points are not.  This makes a seige battle more like a team-deathmatch, with one side occupying an especially fortitous position!

My suggestion would be for spawnpoints be tied to "control points" so that defenders do not pop up in places where they have no reason to be. 

I don't believe they should be able to be captured by the attackers.  Once dead, the next wave of attackers would have to yet again have to scale the walls. 

But if they could be neutralized, the defenders would actually be defending something, their ability to hold the walls.  The attackers' efforts aswell, would not seem in vain.

Just an idea.

Spawn points in all game modes need looked at.

I really really don't get it. A game with huge maps like this one, should never have this issue.

I quite like this.  :smile:

I think it would work like this: If there are no defender team's troops in the designated area(IE, a wall section or gatehouse)(meaning the attackers killed them), the spawn point will become 'unmanned' and the defender will have to retake it if they wish to have that particular spawn point.
Now the defenders have only their other positions to spawn at, thus they have lost ground. If the attackers take each of the spawns, they win.

Makes more sense than pulling down some arbitrary flag in the center of the castle.

+1

RalliX said:
I quite like this.  :smile:

I think it would work like this: If there are no defender team's troops in the designated area(IE, a wall section or gatehouse)(meaning the attackers killed them), the spawn point will become 'unmanned' and the defender will have to retake it if they wish to have that particular spawn point.
Now the defenders have only their other positions to spawn at, thus they have lost ground. If the attackers take each of the spawns, they win.

Makes more sense than pulling down some arbitrary flag in the center of the castle.

+1
It makes complete sense.  You could have the game decide a spawn point is unmanned the first time it finds an enemy troop near it and not a defender.

Great idea!

I knew the sieges lacked something. I hope Armagan notices this suggestion as it would be great and (presumably) easy to put in game.

Have a biscuit!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory had capturable spawn flags. The attacking team would have to touch a flag in order to capture the spawn for themselves as well as prevent the defending team from spawning there. The defending team would then spawn at another location. On same maps, teams would have multiple useful spawnpoints simultaneously, so players were given the ability to select between them. Not all spawns were capturable. I think such an idea would work well in warband, especially in siege.

Perhaps you should take this suggestion to the bugtracker, because its very simple (not much to discuss anymore) and the overall agreement.

@gabeed: totally wrong for TDM, tdm should stay chaotic.

Back
Top Bottom