Subversion - checking out the development version of the mod (161)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrakhis said:
use the tweak, its working, otherwise, let drTomas give the default armour

Do you mean 'scenefixv4dot2' from the first page? i already installed this one...

or do you mean TweakMB?

PS: another bug (item):

hat armor
name: cap (looks like a white cap with ornaments for aristocratic women)
if you put it on it appears not on the head but to the right side of the belly like a buckler (the little shield).
additionally you will lose your haircut. it will be replaced by a baldy.

thats what I meant

I think its Bishop hat, I tought it was intended, never wore that,

most my gear are either bought or rob from party with using 'tab' glitch

HI,

I haven't been around for a long time and just recently came back to this threat as I felt the urge to play this excellent mod.

So last SVN ver I played was before christmas, probably the 212ver. which was very stable for me without any major bugs. I downloaded the latest ver and I couldn t even start it.

my question is which is the latest stable***  version and which version of warband it requires?

thanks in advance

*** stable meanning : no need to change anything dodgy in my pc ....just instal mod and play!

May be if you go back to 243 would be a good choice as it seems to be a stable version in general whatever your PC's oppinion is about that.

thanks.....is it the 1.32 or 1.34 version it uses?

and if I am not a pain ....what are the major changes over the last few months....the last one I witnessed was the introduction of breakable weapons..

SVN is 1.134. May be that's why it didn't work in the first place?

what are the major changes over the last few months....the last one I witnessed was the introduction of breakable weapons..

Chose yourself:
#1 : I am just too lazy and can't really remember anymore since it has been a long time that I played any other version but the latest.
#2 : Let the game surprise you!

Some random crash I think but its differ in computer performance, battle size 300 directx7 with tei fix thread, I have no crash even played for 3-4 hours

if theres some npc bug or stuck, they might have reported them

only several naked lord which I have reported
not sure if it a bug or accidently deleted in SVN

Loot bank party in Camp
Despite they loot and keep looted item in bank(party inventory which can be accessed in Camp) pretty useful tough some junk gear can be sold 1 denars only  :cry:

SVN Industrial economy trouble
I found my industirial stuff like tannery, berewery, linen, reduced income after a month, some of them become minus or producing zero income, this can be fix if player buy the materials and export them to the city, its funny the income from zero in Ironworks for example rocketed to 1202 denars sometimes

DrTomas said:
So we have the source, which means we can try to patch up some of the serious issiues. So what goes wrong that people do not like?

1. Formations - Or atleast the formations part for the player, the formations for the ai seems to work fine and it would be a shame to remove them.
2. Troop equipment and skills - Some of them are already done, but some are still messed up.
3. Wage calculation.
4. Player shops penalty.

Another big problem is the refilling of projectiles, which makes javelins and ranged weapons in general overpowered. Othr mentioned months ago that you can't limit the refilling of projectiles to sieges and therefore I propose to either get rid of this feature completely or refill every 15 minutes or so. Right now the refilling only takes a few minutes.

I must admit that I haven't played for quite a while, but I often disabled the formations, because I didn't find them useful.

The wage calculations are unfinished and unbalanced, but I propose to keep the wages high.

The shop penalty for the player is too high, but it is a good idea in general, just decrease the penalty. The main source of income should be trade and fiefs.

And here is the only thing I personally dislike: Cap the shield skill at 1 to remove those stupid forcefields. The cap was removed to reflect the individual ability to reduce damage to the shield and reintroduced the force fields. Both are connected and that is hardcoded!
AI soldiers with quality equipment are already elite and you can give them the best shields with many hitpoints and have a shield skill cap at 1. That means those shields can take a lot of damage before breaking, but the forecfield is gone. The shield skill doesn't make much of a difference for the AI.
The downside is the uselessness of the player's shield skill, but I am willing to take that hit. Furthermore all the shields have to be rebalanced and that is a lot of work.

@ughughugh

that was alpha evrsion, in svn version I am not sure the cap shield skill its incrased
I found several like swordsmen and knight took so many arrows in their shields

found another nude commander on field,

Portugal:
Don Meen

oh lol U can say that again, how many the shield skill u want?

IMO 4-5 is enough as cap

dun wanna skrimsiher become useless as shield destroyer

I can't load the mod :sad: I have the most up to date svn version (rev 24:cool: and my mount and blade is 1.134.

Crashes with error:
8aadf7a6c5bb480ab35df40.png

I have not modified anything and the size of the mod is 3.61 GB (3,881,275,569 bytes)

edit: checking out again on a new, empty folder - i previously checked out from old pre10 download of 1257ad.
edit2: everything works fine now, its all good

Do another checkout. May be your download wasn't complete.

(Right click on your folder and in the context menu chose 'svn checkout'...)

EDIT: Don't wast your time! Don't do another download! Just another check out. If it's incomplete it installs the missing files only.

DrTomas said:
So we have the source, which means we can try to patch up some of the serious issiues. So what goes wrong that people do not like?
that is just outstanding news.  what happened to othr?  what is the game plan now, how will game development proceed?  let us know if there is anything we can do to assist.

Arrakhis said:
Cybercossack said:
Has anyone else had all there money and inventory vanish? I just had defended against huge seige force and couldnt upgrade my men afterwards; checked the inventory and I had 5 Denars and all my food, spare horses etc had gone

I once had that when resign from vassal, but it sseems pretty random, all my item was intact except for my denars in my case, which force me to do 'tab' glittch to get back some of denars back

what is the tab glitch?  I ran into another glitch where the game just jumps to the new character screen where you fill in your name and abilities.  I wasn't able to get out of it without restarting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom