Subversion - checking out the development version of the mod (161)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got that nicely contract from the guildmaster in Lübeck, wiping out the night owls...but the city is crowded the whole night through, not one bandit has been seen...?!

Best Regards

There is a real issue when fighting the mamluks in the desert, or anywhere I suppose... When sieging everything is fine may it be with battlesize set to 500 or 700 at max settings, everything runs smooth and stuff. But when joining the clashes going on in the middle of desert then I start to stutter, heavily, even if I set the video options to the bare minimum I still keep stuttering, but once the horses are gone the stutter stops. So I am guessing that it has something to do with the horses that causes stutter. Hopefully it gets fixed, but until now the mod is unplayable :sad:

Heiro said:
There is a real issue when fighting the mamluks in the desert, or anywhere I suppose... When sieging everything is fine may it be with battlesize set to 500 or 700 at max settings, everything runs smooth and stuff. But when joining the clashes going on in the middle of desert then I start to stutter, heavily, even if I set the video options to the bare minimum I still keep stuttering, but once the horses are gone the stutter stops. So I am guessing that it has something to do with the horses that causes stutter. Hopefully it gets fixed, but until now the mod is unplayable :sad:
I dont know if its the same problem, i had a similar problem with stuttering in battle earlier today. Reinstalling the 1.134 patch fixed it for me.

othr said:
still save compatible
Yay.

I've always wondered how you set your battle sizer to beyond 150, anyone care to spread their knowledge. Also were companion Lords flags in battle removed they all have that default red and black banner over their heads, or did I mess something up.

Thanks (wow you posted an answer to my first question before I had to modify the post and add my second question).

Also I would love to know how many companions there are my tavern keeper stopped informing me of companions I could recruit

I just played around a lot and i love the new weapon/armor breaking features, the current frequency of breaking seems very good. It forces the player into using the low level armors like gambesons etc untill the player has better income to maintain a mail.

ntb_15 said:
I just played around a lot and i love the new weapon/armor breaking features, the current frequency of breaking seems very good. It forces the player into using the low level armors like gambesons etc untill the player has better income to maintain a mail.

Maybe a function could be added to the Constable where you could give your cracked items over for a much reduced fee but it would take X days to get fixed? (As an alternative to getting extorted by your city's armourer / weapon smith)  :razz:

biscuits said:
ntb_15 said:

Maybe a function could be added to the Constable where you could give your cracked items over for a much reduced fee but it would take X days to get fixed? (As an alternative to getting extorted by your city's armourer / weapon smith)  :razz:

Vote for this option, if I may be so bold...  :wink:

I dont know if its the same problem, i had a similar problem with stuttering in battle earlier today. Reinstalling the 1.134 patch fixed it for me.
When I enter into a battle, the game begins to stutter, (the sound too) around ~0 FPS. When I alt+tab, and going back to the game, it will be good for an 5-10 sec, and begins again. At open field battles it's rare, at a battle on a "village map" it comes as I hit an enemy troop. This is that kind of "stuttering" you talk about?

My battlesize is at 150. It stutters at 300, and at 50 too... Changing texture/other details changed nothing. (even turned down to DX7)

Arszi said:
When I enter into a battle, the game begins to stutter, (the sound too) around ~0 FPS. When I alt+tab, and going back to the game, it will be good for an 5-10 sec, and begins again. At open field battles it's rare, at a battle on a "village map" it comes as I hit an enemy troop. This is that kind of "stuttering" you talk about?

My battlesize is at 150. It stutters at 300, and at 50 too... Changing texture/other details changed nothing. (even turned down to DX7)
It was constantly stuttering throughout the battle. Reinstalling the latest patch fixed it for me, i think it may have been a corrupted file in the main warband directory or something.

It was constantly stuttering throughout the battle. Reinstalling the latest patch fixed it for me, i think it may have been a corrupted file in the main warband directory or something.

Thx for the tip. Original warband made the same stuttering at castle sieges before parch 1.124, and now the ~150 SVN version started doing it again. I'll try reinstall it.

Arszi said:

You can try turn around and don't watch the battle, maybe you'll find it shuttering no more.

For me the stuttering starts when I am fighting on an open field and usually when there are horses around, or maybe its about a certain equipment piece , I dunno. Anyway the battlesize is over 500, the FPS are over 40 and it stutters constantly, when I alt tab out it doesn't do anything :razz: (Edit: I mean nothing changes, I don't get the 5 - 10 second "fix" the other guy was talkin' about)

I don't stutter while on siege maps only on open battlefield. (Haven't had stuttering on village maps yet, but that's prolly gonna change soon as I have only been in a few village fights)

Reinstalling the patch didn't cut it for me, haven't tried reinstalling the whole warband yet, will do it as soon as I have more time (like now :smile:)

On siege maps the screen starts to flash when there are huge amount of guys in one pack and swinging aimlessly at each other, but that's just my ASUS Graph card problem, nothing to do with this mod :grin:

Anyway yeah, the stuttering only takes place with this mod :smile:
I am almost convinced that it has something to do with a item this mod added/changed or a script. It might be spamming a script error very fast and cause stuttering by doing that? Because usually I see who I have killed but when on a open battle I do not see any messages anymore and that happens when there are too many lines of messages received rapidly.
This started after I updated to one of the latest versions of this svn. Before there was no stuttering and usually my screen was full of red error messages of all kinds :grin:
Meaning there were errors before but not as many as now I guess (was able to see who killed who at least).

anyway ima stop typing cause I am not understanding what im saying atm.
very tired :razz:

Off to reinstall Warband

Press "L" to check the message log during the battle to see if there is any script error being spammed over and over.

ntb_15 said:
Press "L" to check the message log during the battle to see if there is any script error being spammed over and over.

Yep there is,

At Mission Template mst_lead_charge trigger no: 65 consequences.
Unrecognized opcode 1779.; LINE NO: 49:
Unrecognized opcode 1779.; LINE NO: 49:

and so on times infinity :razz:

I hope this is the issue, cause knowing the issue is half the cure right? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom