Sturigans is more weak after update?

Users who are viewing this thread

My current game is on 1.30 as Battanian, and when moving in forest I get a movement modifier of "Feats +0.61". ie. its giving me +10% of my total movement speed before the forest penalty when moving in forest.

Regardless, the principle balance point still stands that 10% bonus to movement speed ONLY in Forest is inferior to what is effectively 10% bonus everywhere for Khuzait.
If it's actually +10% to map speed in forests and not a 10% reduction of the penalty, then I think it's OK. It all depends on what the bonuses actually do in the end, since they don't seem to match the descriptions.

I've played more than 280+ hours with Sturgia. I've posted multiple post on this forum about sturgians and their troops and mechanics since march 30, with data and screens and you name it, I did it. I've ran multiple tests to make certain problems visible and come up with solutions for Sturgians or the game itself, but I stopped doing that. It would just end up in useless discussions obfuscating the whole point, just like this topic. Now and then, when I encounter something strange or frustrating I come read whether my feelings are shared by others.. If so.. then I'm not the only one experience specific negatives about the game.

For example have been trying for weeks to convince taleworlds to adjust the damn unlogical stats on more than 20-40% of their troops, seems like they did it in last patch, which is nice and gave me some hope they actually do pick up things from the forum. But reading your comments you are not constructive you are just trying to prove your point. which is your holy truth and nothing else. If you played Sturgians as much as you say. then you would know that without HEAVY PLAYER INTERVENTION the Sturgians just die out as the first and in a best case scenario they die out as 2nd (or with Gods help they die out as 3nd nation) within 500 days of gameplay.. MEANING THEY ARE UNBALANCED. there is a whole list of disadvantages when not even looking at the troops. you flatout deny all these points. so what are you even doing in this discussion, except trolling?
i support you ,he is foolish

If it's actually +10% to map speed in forests and not a 10% reduction of the penalty, then I think it's OK. It all depends on what the bonuses actually do in the end, since they don't seem to match the descriptions.

If the Khuzaits lose their bonus when i harsh terrain E.G. Forest or snow, then this would greatly balance the game when the khuzaits are on the offense.

It would reflect in part the reality. Horselords did evade forested lands as much as possible. They just roamed the open terrains mainly. Same thing with snow. Heavy snow is just killing for horses. Especialy the combination forest + snow.

If the Khuzaits lose their bonus when i harsh terrain E.G. Forest or snow, then this would greatly balance the game when the khuzaits are on the offense.

It would reflect in part the reality. Horselords did evade forested lands as much as possible. They just roamed the open terrains mainly. Same thing with snow. Heavy snow is just killing for horses. Especialy the combination forest + snow.
Don't start giving them ideas...

On a more serious note, however, there is space for some bringing of all cultural bonuses to be more in line with each other.

In my first game i was around day 500 and sturgia was getting thier ass kicked but the still owned a few fiefs. I ran into the main quest issue and had to restart.
In my second game, after the update, sturgia was wiped out by day 200. No sturgian holdings anywhere. No fun.

Are the Sturgian veterans suppose to spawn with a large round shield or the tiny board shield like the Sturgian warriors get??? I am asking because the veterans have the tiny shield.

Are the Sturgian veterans suppose to spawn with a large round shield or the tiny board shield like the Sturgian warriors get??? I am asking because the veterans have the tiny shield.
They have one in three chance to spawn with a tiny cavalry shield and mid tier Khuzait helmet on top of that. Changelogs mentioned that all Sturgian units should get round shields but I guess not.

They have one in three chance to spawn with a tiny cavalry shield and mid tier Khuzait helmet on top of that. Changelogs mentioned that all Sturgian units should get round shields but I guess not.

On in two according to files:

"sturgian_veteran_warrior": {
"name": "sturgian_veteran_warrior",
"level": 26,
"skills": {
"Athletics": 130,
"Riding": 60,
"OneHanded": 130,
"TwoHanded": 80,
"Polearm": 80,
"Bow": 60,
"Crossbow": 20,
"Throwing": 130
},
"upgrade_targets": [],
"equipment_sets": [
{
"arm_armor": 36,
"body_armor": 48,
"equipment": [
"northern_horsemans_shield",
"northern_javelin_3_t4",
"sturgia_axe_4_t4"
],
"head_armor": 36,
"leg_armor": 18
},
{
"arm_armor": 42,
"body_armor": 64,
"equipment": [
"heavy_round_shield",
"northern_javelin_3_t4",
"sturgia_axe_4_t4"
],
"head_armor": 50,
"leg_armor": 37
}
]
},

@ Above
I mean really - one of the loadouts has 20-30% worse armor all around AND worse shield.
Insane!

Technically, "worst" loadout may be better than "best" in some circumstances. In my last playthrough I tried to play naked character on foot and it was very easy, because I kited enemies and could beat infinite amount in melee from out of reach of them. Ofcourse, you can't teach AI to kite properly, but "worst" armor usually means better speed, your troops are better to surround enemies, outrun them, retreat, faster charge etc.

For example, imperial legionaries are good to stand ground, but sturgian shock troops are absolutely insane at charging

Yes but it does not work efficiently in a single unit scenario. If you would have different unit speeds then they would not march as a formation.
For veterans there is no real speed difference, just the worse spawn perform badly and create holes in your shield walls.

Actually i would be fine with that if i could spread those bad armor spawns into 2nd group or at least make them stand in back line

I recently installed a mod that removes the Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus from the game, and started a new 1.3.0 playthrough, with no other mods that affect the balance of the game.

It is now something like day 250 275 or something like that and the game is the most balanced its ever been without using the mods "Revolutions" and "War Attrition". Neither Vlandians nor Khuzaits are snowballing the entire map. Khuzaits are doing the best (even without Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus), having taken one town from Sturgia, one town from Northern Empire and one town from Aserai, and like one or two additional castles on top of that. Meanwhile, Western Empire/Battania/Vlandia are constantly duking it out, going back and forth.

Sturgia is finally capable of holding its own against the enemy factions in autocalculation, sometimes Sturgia wins sometimes they lose.

I think this observation ties back to two things: 1) The fact that the Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus is very evidently giving Vlandia, Khuzaits and to a certain degree also Battania an unfair advantage which results in snowballing. 2) There's something else unique for the Khuzaits which makes them on average more powerful than the other factions.

I'd love to see other people try playing with this mod that removes Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus and write down your own experience.

Figured I'd point out that in the code currently Sturgians are set to move a full 20% faster in snow. Not have 20% less speed penalty -- parties led by a Sturgian are set to get a 20% speed bonus in snow. The snow penalty to movement speed is -10%, so since this is additive with the Sturgian speed bonus Sturgians are actually coded to move 10% faster in snow than on grass plains (skis?).

This would be a nice buff to them, but unfortunately snow terrain effects are not detectable by parties on the map so this buff never gets triggered. :sad:

I recently installed a mod that removes the Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus from the game, and started a new 1.3.0 playthrough, with no other mods that affect the balance of the game.

It is now something like day 250 275 or something like that and the game is the most balanced its ever been without using the mods "Revolutions" and "War Attrition". Neither Vlandians nor Khuzaits are snowballing the entire map. Khuzaits are doing the best (even without Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus), having taken one town from Sturgia, one town from Northern Empire and one town from Aserai, and like one or two additional castles on top of that. Meanwhile, Western Empire/Battania/Vlandia are constantly duking it out, going back and forth.

Sturgia is finally capable of holding its own against the enemy factions in autocalculation, sometimes Sturgia wins sometimes they lose.

I think this observation ties back to two things: 1) The fact that the Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus is very evidently giving Vlandia, Khuzaits and to a certain degree also Battania an unfair advantage which results in snowballing. 2) There's something else unique for the Khuzaits which makes them on average more powerful than the other factions.

I'd love to see other people try playing with this mod that removes Cavalry 1.3x autocalculation bonus and write down your own experience.

I did plenty of runs where Sturgia did well with the 30% mounted bonus (posted screens before). I have also shown that in the battle between average Vlandian and Sturgian armies this bonus translates to mere 4.5% advantage. And I might have overestimated number of cavalry Vlandian armies have in that calculation.

He had 25 ulfhednar and 27 legionaries. Both killed exactly 100 enemies (mostly tier 1-2 units in both cases). Ulfhednar probably killed half of that with their throwing axes which they then ran out of. Ulfhednar lost 17 men, legionaries lost 9. Freaking useless exhibitionists. Just remove this stupid line from the game.
The 3 beautiful shock troop boys killed 18. Now that's a good glass cannon unit. The problems is they would fare much worse if it wasn't the kind of battle where you get 10 to 1 k/d ratio with mostly recruits charging into your shield wall chilling on a hill.

I did plenty of runs where Sturgia did well with the 30% mounted bonus (posted screens before). I have also shown that in the battle between average Vlandian and Sturgian armies this bonus translates to mere 4.5% advantage. And I might have overestimated number of cavalry Vlandian armies have in that calculation.
Okay that's nice but you're wrong because you're only one person reporting no issues while there's hundreds of people reporting tons of issues, thank you for your input though.

This game needs diplomacy what’s interesting about Sturgia who I always play as is they have olek who could start a rebellion and take the crown but until civil war is implemented Sturgia is stuck with ragnavad. And regarding the infantry they could definitely use a buff the tier four spearman is a embarrassment but with the implementation of the new shields (round) that should help

Well but in every game sooner or later Olek betrays Raganvad and joys another kingdom, that comes close...

Translation: "Hey guys, check out this youtube video of an almost entirely tier 5 army completely demolishing an almost entirely tier 1-2 army. This is proof that Sturgia is not bad! Please don't judge my weird fetish which is all about specifically denying issues plaguing a very specific aspect of the game!"

Thank you for your input, on spot as usual Hruza.

He had 25 ulfhednar and 27 legionaries. Both killed exactly 100 enemies (mostly tier 1-2 units in both cases). Ulfhednar probably killed half of that with their throwing axes which they then ran out of. Ulfhednar lost 17 men, legionaries lost 9. Freaking useless exhibitionists. Just remove this stupid line from the game.
The 3 beautiful shock troop boys killed 18. Now that's a good glass cannon unit. The problems is they would fare much worse if it wasn't the kind of battle where you get 10 to 1 k/d ratio with mostly recruits charging into your shield wall chilling on a hill.
You're pointing out facts, this is not @hruza 's strong point. He mostly prefers just writing large incoherent posts where he makes stuff up out of thin air with the specific intent of denying any and all problems that hundreds of people are reporting regarding Sturgia on the forums.

Okay that's nice but you're wrong because you're only one person reporting no issues while there's hundreds of people reporting tons of issues, thank you for your input though.

"Hundreds" lol.

There's like five of you just repeatedly posting who can't stand that your waifu faction isn't the strongest ever conceived.

Back
Top Bottom