Sturigans is more weak after update?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why,i update to 1.3Beta,and i alter code to make sturgian_shock_troop and sturgian_veteran_warrior fight with other t5(250v250),in particular imperial_legionary .but they can not have a good kd.
before 1.3Beta, sturgian_shock_troop can win all other people,yes ,it is so strong.but after 1.3 they are weak! even they have more greater attribute!
i feel more sad.
why we can't have a strong of infantry faction sturgia like story????

Did they fix their troop stats btw? Like Ulfhendars with 130 polearm\onehanded and 80 twohanded. Or Cavalry with 220 bow. Or top tier archers with crappy leather armor instead of mail from t4 archer, or t4 spearmen with tiny shields.

Did they fix their troop stats btw? Like Ulfhendars with 130 polearm\onehanded and 80 twohanded. Or Cavalry with 220 bow. Or top tier archers with crappy leather armor instead of mail from t4 archer, or t4 spearmen with tiny shields.
yes. they have fix some mistake like 80 2-hands of Ulfhendars or the 220 bow of cavalry ,but the Ulfhendars still weak because of their have no armor yet.and cavalry still feeble. i even hope they use infantry instead of cavalry .

Last edited:
How are they weaker if there stats are fixed and the heavy cav is very good in my opinion.
yes, they should be great after their stats fixed. i also confused about it. but in fact ,i alter code to make customBattle can use the segeant which i want to test. and i use sturgian_shock_troop or sturgian_veteran_warrior fight with other t5, and as my eyes, they really have low kd compare with 1.3before.
the result of customBattle say:
They don't deserve to be chaimed a Strong Infantry Faction as story.
for example,the sturgian_shock_troop can win imperial_legionary every time before, but now they lose every time(with 250v250, player attacker or defender),sturgian_veteran_warrior can win sometimes but we know imperial_legionary is not the best infantry
SO WHY TaleWorlds says Sturgia has best INFANTRY?
i think they even not pay enough time for sturgia

Sturiga has bad lord ,bad terrain,bad economics.Now they lose their infantry
i know taleworlds maybe can not notice sturgia because they have more important things to do
but the balance is still too **** sorry i am very sad with this

Last edited:
This game needs diplomacy what’s interesting about Sturgia who I always play as is they have olek who could start a rebellion and take the crown but until civil war is implemented Sturgia is stuck with ragnavad. And regarding the infantry they could definitely use a buff the tier four spearman is a embarrassment but with the implementation of the new shields (round) that should help

,i alter code to make customBattle can use the segeant which i want to test. and i use sturgian_shock_troop or sturgian_veteran_warrior fight with other t5, and as my eyes, they really have low kd compare with 1.3before.
the result of customBattle say:
This moshpit fights hardly depend on AI behavior, and they changed something if i remember

Nobody notice sturgia???

What exactly are you expecting? If devs came personally to answer every thread made here the game would never be developed :grin: also you posted this just today.

I honestly don't even think that balancing troops should be a priority right now. There's still lots of bugs with basic gameplay that needs to be fixed, perks not working, all that fun stuff. Patience my friend, patience.

What exactly are you expecting? If devs came personally to answer every thread made here the game would never be developed :grin: also you posted this just today.

I honestly don't even think that balancing troops should be a priority right now. There's still lots of bugs with basic gameplay that needs to be fixed, perks not working, all that fun stuff. Patience my friend, patience.
you are right, i just confused about my favorite faction.....
wuuuuuuu

What about mercenaries having 20 crossbow and 100 bow stat until the final tier? That gets to me somehow because I think the mercs actually look cool in this game

This is tragically funny. Sturgia was already the worst faction in the game. Now they made them worse?

They need to make Sturgian units beefier than other units by giving them all +10 base life.
Give them "80% reduced snow speed penalty on map and in battles". As well as some infantry buffs.
Maybe also "Sturgian caravans have 20% bonus strength in battle simulations when fighting in snow".

That would maybe but them up to par with other factions.

This is tragically funny. Sturgia was already the worst faction in the game. Now they made them worse?

They need to make Sturgian units beefier than other units by giving them all +10 base life.
Give them "80% reduced snow speed penalty on map and in battles". As well as some infantry buffs.
Maybe also "Sturgian caravans have 20% bonus strength in battle simulations when fighting in snow".

That would maybe but them up to par with other factions.

Why should Sturgia have such unfair advantages? And why should players who play other factions should be disadvantaged? Btw, 1.3 made faction traits functional, and those apply to all characters as far as I can tell, not just the player. Sturgian is +20% bonus to snow movement.

Why should Sturgia have such unfair advantages? And why should players who play other factions should be disadvantaged? Btw, 1.3 made faction traits functional, and those apply to all characters as far as I can tell, not just the player. Sturgian is +20% bonus to snow movement.
sturgia is too narrow and too long, 20% is not have a enough effect. you can search some post about "winter" and "sturgia", i think they have a great idea for sturgia, and the idea is good for balance, even can promote our delight

As far as AI battling each other go, "simulated" battles consider unit levels and whether units are mounted (a flat multiplier to level based strength of the unit card). Thus factions with a lot of cav and nobles get advantage in AI wars. Let's look at party templates.
Empire: 63 men total, 7 cav, 7 nobles
Sturgia: 53 men total, 3 cav, 0 nobles
Aserai: 50 men total, 5 cav, 0 nobles
Vlandia: 54 men total, 16 cav, 10 nobles
Battania: 53 men total, 12 cav, 7 nobles
Khuzait: 57 men total, 19 cav, 0 nobles
I feel like there are indeed some factions here that have unfair advantage but I'm not sure if Sturgia is one of them.

Now let's do players. There is an obvious hole in Sturgian troop tree, their top tier archers have low tier bows and arrows and mid tier medium armor. They aren't comparable in any way to tier 5 ranged units of any other faction. Are there some other units in the Sturgian troop tree that justify their ranged being trash? Druzhinniks are basically Vlandian knights but slightly worse due to some questionable equipment pieces and are a pain to upgrade because they only get a horse at tier 4. Veteran warriors are good but hardly better than legionaries and sergeants. That leaves us with shock infantry and skirmish cavalry. I really doubt those are great enough to pull Sturgia up by its bootstraps.

Obviously, as a player in all your wisdom, you can lure the AI into attacking your shield wall and play as Sturgia in that way. You can also do it with any faction. In fact, every faction will be better at it than Sturgia, even Khuzaits on foot. Their ranged units will just slaughter half the enemy army by the time they get to melee. Empire and Battania won't even need a shiled wall, they can spam archers and win every time.

Sturgians get -20% to snow penalty, not + 20% to movement in snow. If the the penalty itself is 20% then the effective bonus is +5%. Is the penalty itself even implemented by the way? Meanwhile Vlandians upgrade their already bs knight armies 20% faster and Khuzaits get +10% to movement bonus from cav everywhere on the map. I certainly hope that these traits don't work for AI parties because it would just exacerbate the issue if they do.

Back
Top Bottom