SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Sturgia´s noble Unit tree shold be Mounted Infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

stefanian

Recruit
I find it quite unfitting for the precessor culture of the Nord and Vaegir to neither have the popular Huscarl nor any of other Axe wielding Tanks. Since sturgias strongpoint is the shieldwall, there is no strategy what to do in order to actually defeat enemy forces which dont direct engage them in combat.(every smart faction) the idea to flank with run of the mill cavlary is something everyone does, so there is no distinktive feature from ohter factions + they dont contribute much in Sieges(even though lorewise sturgia should be good at it). maybe the developers want them to have riders, because its called MOUNT and Blade, but i have an suggestion :

Heavy, stongly armoured, Axe wielding Infantry with Strong shields with and Horse. They can either dismount at the beginning and participate in the shieldwall and act as strongpoint of it OR circle around enemy formations, dismount and engage an weak point of the enemy, while being strong enouth to pose a threat, which means the enemy cant really focus his force at one point. This kind of Infantry existed and was also utilised by Vikings, and evolved into the Dragoons.

there is also a nice portrayal in the Manga Vinland saga that should visualize what i have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom