Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been checking back here every few weeks. Are the perks still not working? Cause I wanted to play in different styles but non working perks (or the fact that maxing out a perk tree was mathematically impossible) kinda ruined the experience for me.
Currently they are have the vigor perks working the rest are fairly hit and miss and will be changing to new forms anyway.
The below mod fixes a few of the current placeholder perks, enough to make some trees not entirely pointless..
They are aiming to fix a perk tree with each new beta it seems so with any luck we are only 5 betas away from having the combat skills working (Archery, crossbows, throwing, riding and athletics) 10 patches after that for the rest. At an optimistic rate of a beta a week you'd be looking at a full month for combat only and 3-4 months for the lot. That then would leave them 5 months to fine tune the perks before the current stated release date.

Is anyone else lord recruitment dialogue bugged out? Every time I try to ask a lord if they want to join my kingdom, the "click to continue" button does nothing. So I'm just stuck at that screen and have to exit out. It's a pretty awful bug. Maybe it's just me I don't know.

Is anyone else lord recruitment dialogue bugged out? Every time I try to ask a lord if they want to join my kingdom, the "click to continue" button does nothing. So I'm just stuck at that screen and have to exit out. It's a pretty awful bug. Maybe it's just me I don't know.
Its not just You, mate, everyone have that :smile:

i think the training facitys we upgrade withing castles cities ect should allow us to purchase or say start a recruitment and training process withing those establishments it could mean we then have to wait a certain amount of in game time for certain troops obviously the higher tier troop the more they cost and longer it takes the troops could then also have a components scale which could upgrade through field battle experience so the hole winning battles and surviving those battles will have big worth whileness and the importance of a good surgeon withing ur party will still be there. would also have liked to see my brother become a noble and potentially lead armys for me or govern a city for me but he just goes of and never does anything again. also it seems to take for ever for my kids to grow up and i must admit i get bored b4 they do and wanna start again because its more fun early game because i have to recruit other nobles but i dont wanna i want to create my own dynasty and any1 that has fought for my enemies aint switching sides in my books loyalty is important :razz: and i need my kids to either marry off and build alliances b4 other nations become enemies or i need them to lead armys and govern citys for me i would also like to be able to reward my companions with night hoods lordships and there own castles ect...

not moaning or anything i have enjoyed each one of the mount and blade games just thought i would throw some suggestions i have out there maybe some1 reads and makes it happen either in real game or with mods :smile: something i could never do due to lake of knowledge and computer skillz

Can you please work on kingdom management? and also working on making the AI's moving around more in big fights so that people don't all crowd into a big circle because it makes fighting difficult. Please also consider making the horses with no riders go away from the main battle point to create more space.

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Campaign

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.
This is looking more and more shnazzy every day! Keep up the good work!

Duh_Talewords, mexxico - whats up actually? Just post here and let us know how Your work is going atm? Thanks :smile:
We are currently working on getting the next patch ready. This should have a few incremental improvements that I believe the community will enjoy. (Just to preempt any misunderstanding - It will be similar in scope to prior patches.)

We have held off on publishing it, because we are not just working on content but also investing a fair bit of time into refactoring some of the code base. Generally speaking, this tends to be a bit painful when it happens but is a necessity in software development that improves the long term health of a project. At the moment we are testing these changes and are trying to resolve any bugs that came with them (an unavoidable consequence of refactoring a program with this level of complexity).

We have held off on publishing it, because we are not just working on content but also investing a fair bit of time into refactoring some of the code base. Generally speaking, this tends to be a bit painful when it happens but is a necessity in software development that improves the long term health of a project. At the moment we are testing these changes and are trying to resolve any bugs that came with them (an unavoidable consequence of refactoring a program with this level of complexity).

You are talking about 1.4.3 and not e1.4.2 yes? And it will go into Beta? Refactoring code means most if not all mods are going to break. (It's not a problem, if we have some time on beta to adjust our mods. Though there will be outrage, this is the internet after all.)

We are currently working on getting the next patch ready. This should have a few incremental improvements that I believe the community will enjoy. (Just to preempt any misunderstanding - It will be similar in scope to prior patches.)

appreciate your response, thank You

Inappropriate behavior

So more like the last 3 hotfixes with no new feature?

We have held off on publishing it, because we are not just working on content but also investing a fair bit of time into refactoring some of the code base.

Again?

Mate i really dont get u. U r complaining here every single day, trying to be sarcastic all the time but seems like u have some kind of problem with yourself. Simply, If something is annoying you so much, then just delete it. Why not? Why wasting Your time for it? Is it still only ****in computer game or life-changer? Really these few $ have ruined Your life so much that u need to spam here everyday?

Relax, its summer, go have some fun outside, might help you

Good to see the dev response and gives updates.
I can tell that the Steam forum think that the game is abandon lol

Back
Top Bottom