Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds like you guys didn't like it when I called M&B an Action RPG game, which it is btw. And yes I have played Warband before, without mods that is. And you guys seem to forget Bannerlord is still on EA, meaning what you guys wanted this game to have might be added before release day, or it might not be added at all, and even if it's not added, those said features can be acquired through the official modding tools TW said it will be introducing eventually.

In the meantime why don't you guys play crusader kingdoms, total war, or skyrim instead of complaining in the forum about how terrible the devs and the EA game is after buying it on steam. Those games do have your favorite immersions and realisms after all.

Sounds like you guys didn't like it when I called M&B an Action RPG game, which it is btw. And yes I have played Warband before, without mods that is. And you guys seem to forget Bannerlord is still on EA, meaning what you guys wanted this game to have might be added before release day, or it might not be added at all, and even if it's not added, those said features can be acquired through the official modding tools TW said it will be introducing eventually.

In the meantime why don't you guys play crusader kingdoms, total war, or skyrim instead of complaining in the forum about how terrible the devs and the EA game is after buying it on steam. Those games do have your favorite immersions and realisms after all.

So you played Warband and somehow missed a lot about it.
Yes, some are complaining. But some are quite constructive, and constructive feedback is what Devs need and ask for.
I don't like any of the games you listed, I like Bannerlord. But I have nothing to do in the game, and it's a feeling I have never had in Warband. Bannerlord to me looks like the best game ever with infinite potential, but it's lacking in the core (unlike its predecessor), and we here are trying to figure out what is the problem. You know, it's a first step to solving the problem. We want this game and Devs to prosper.
What is not clear, why you are so concerned with it? You are not helping the game by denying the facts that it needs work to reach playability of its predecessor.

So you played Warband and somehow missed a lot about it.
Yes, some are complaining. But some are quite constructive, and constructive feedback is what Devs need and ask for.
I don't like any of the games you listed, I like Bannerlord. But I have nothing to do in the game, and it's a feeling I have never had in Warband. Bannerlord to me looks like the best game ever with infinite potential, but it's lacking in the core (unlike its predecessor), and we here are trying to figure out what is the problem. You know, it's a first step to solving the problem. We want this game and Devs to prosper.
What is not clear, why you are so concerned with it? You are not helping the game by denying the facts that it needs work to reach playability of its predecessor.
Trashtalking and whining to the devs and BL is not 'constructive feedback', and the suggestions here are features that can be modded instead of being part of the base game. And I find it funny you take my retorts as a form of 'concern' and 'denying facts', that's the kind of semantics I would expect from sociopathic psychos who wanted this game to become what it's not.
And this talk of 'muh infinite potential' sounds as if you wanted the devs to burn out from the pressure so you can trashtalk them even more. Who knows. :whistle:

Last edited:
Trashtalking and whining to the devs and BL is not 'constructive feedback', and the suggestions here are features that can be modded instead of being part of the base game. And I find it funny you take my retorts as a form of 'concern' and 'denying facts', that's the kind of semantics I would expect from sociopathic psychos who wanted this game to become what it's not.
And this talk of 'muh infinite potential' sounds as if you wanted the devs to burn out from the pressure so you can trashtalk them even more. Who knows. :whistle:

What are you even doing here, if you are so happy with the game, you should be all there, having fun.

I never cared for forums until I found out all my campaigns are stopping dead in their tracks within a week or two of relaxed playing after work. I started mid-April and effectively, the game had nothing more to offer by the end of May. Which never happened in previous installments of the title. For 13 years I pointed out MnB to anyone who would listen as an example of a great immersive realistic sandbox with intuitive rules and endless playability. Previous games had twice the features in Native than Bannerlord has, and they were a part of the synergy that kept the game running.

If none of this is important and Bannerlord does not need anything, why do you think Bannerlord has failed to maintain its huge initial playerbase? What is your message to the devs, while the number of players keeps plummeting? "Keep up the good work, you are doing great"?
You really find it surprising why someone is not happy with basically the third installment of the game that has less features than its first installment, and like one third of them is broken or not implemented other than by name?
Imagine Doom coming out with half the classic weapons, half the monster types, and no "strafe" function. And half the of the present monsters have their stats messed up. Bash those who point at that, because those things can be modded in easily, right? Who cares that previous game had this all by default. And bringing this up may upset the devs, hush you devils!

I m a big fan of Banerlord , but i think you definitive need to implement in the game possibility to join some army like a regular soldier like in Warband . By the way game is great and cant wait to see some serious mods like anno domini 1257 and ACOK . Regards to creators and all players

What are you even doing here, if you are so happy with the game, you should be all there, having fun.

I never cared for forums until I found out all my campaigns are stopping dead in their tracks within a week or two of relaxed playing after work. I started mid-April and effectively, the game had nothing more to offer by the end of May. Which never happened in previous installments of the title. For 13 years I pointed out MnB to anyone who would listen as an example of a great immersive realistic sandbox with intuitive rules and endless playability. Previous games had twice the features in Native than Bannerlord has, and they were a part of the synergy that kept the game running.

If none of this is important and Bannerlord does not need anything, why do you think Bannerlord has failed to maintain its huge initial playerbase? What is your message to the devs, while the number of players keeps plummeting? "Keep up the good work, you are doing great"?
You really find it surprising why someone is not happy with basically the third installment of the game that has less features than its first installment, and like one third of them is broken or not implemented other than by name?
Imagine Doom coming out with half the classic weapons, half the monster types, and no "strafe" function. And half the of the present monsters have their stats messed up. Bash those who point at that, because those things can be modded in easily, right? Who cares that previous game had this all by default. And bringing this up may upset the devs, hush you devils!
You're saying the same old teary drama context on how the game should have been this or that just like the whiners in this forum. If I were one of the devs I would just follow on how the game is made to be as it was with it's predecessors but with a difference of it being more mod-friendly, not what some vocal minority group tells everyone and TW how the game should be according to their own normie tastes.

And also; Some of the devs are already upset with the whiners, and they are from the same group of sociopathic people who voted against the 'disable aging option' on a thread here a while back.

Thanks for the update just want to chime in on a few topics

A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.

Is it impossible to have both? What’s preventing the dev team from implementing user’s ability to create a kingdom of their own within the confines of the main storyline, as it stands you can already eliminate the empire without completing the story?

• Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
Will this stop cross continental invasions (ex. Khuzait v. Vlandia, Aserai v. Sturgia)? I'm not a realism junkie but it makes almost zero sense for a nation to wage war on another nation at the opposite end of the map.
  • World Map Improvements
Hopefully this means some of the stranger placed castles/villages will be addressed. Hoqqa, Abou Khih and Erzenur, for example, make little sense as bound villages. How could their castles/towns possibly protect them?

Last edited:
Is it impossible to have both? What’s preventing the dev team from implementing user’s ability to create a kingdom of their own within the confines of the main storyline, as it stands you can already eliminate the empire without completing the story?
The sandbox option works with the sandbox and the main storyline. We may add additional flavor to the related quests, but there is no need for a custom kingdom creation imo.

Will this stop cross continental invasions (ex. Khuzait v. Vlandia, Aserai v. Sturgia)? I'm not a realism junkie but it almost zero sense for a nation to wage war on another nation at the opposite end of the map.
Kingdom decisions don't relate to AI party & army targeting. I expect both will see improvements with time.

The sandbox option works with the sandbox and the main storyline. We may add additional flavor to the related quests, but there is no need for a custom kingdom creation imo.

I seem to have misread/misinterpreted the custom kingdom bullet point. At first reading, it seemed to indicate that there would be a separate mode apart from story mode in which the user would be allowed to create their custom kingdom, I appreciate the clarification.

Will we be able to play the game without the initial starter quests? I bought the original M&B when it was pure sandbox. I remember buying the key off the website so I could unlock the leveling. I like sandbox.

I don't want quests to tell me a story. I want to play my own story. Does that make sense? A simple sandbox option without initial quests would be great.

Will we be able to play the game without the initial starter quests? I bought the original M&B when it was pure sandbox. I remember buying the key off the website so I could unlock the leveling. I like sandbox.

I don't want quests to tell me a story. I want to play my own story. Does that make sense? A simple sandbox option without initial quests would be great.
You can skip the tutorial portion and ignore the main storyline thereafter.

Why not include uninitiated happenings in the town scenes? Its almost like your wasting all those beautifully created scenes as no one really wants to walk around because they know nothing interesting is gonna happen

Why not include uninitiated happenings in the town scenes? Its almost like your wasting all those beautifully created scenes as no one really wants to walk around because they know nothing interesting is gonna happen
More reasons to actually visit and walk around towns would be nice. There are other things that I wish to see sooner, though, like a finished kingdom management system and better diplomacy and kingdom AI.

More reasons to actually visit and walk around towns would be nice. There are other things that I wish to see sooner, though, like a finished kingdom management system and better diplomacy and kingdom AI.
Just to clarify, not forcing to visit towns. But something like random events would be good. I mean even though its not exactly like 'visiting', old assassination events(tied to honor pr number of enemies of the character) would make us look and appreciate city that was build.

Back
Top Bottom