Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

For the people who are pro class system because it's too fidgety, explain how singleplayer doesn't destroy every braincell in your head when you play it? It has 100 times more customization right down to the troops you use.

For the people who are pro class system because it's too fidgety, explain how singleplayer doesn't destroy every braincell in your head when you play it? It has 100 times more customization right down to the troops you use.

Don't post logical things dude, the class hooligans will jump on you.

Single player is a whole another experience. You take your time in a sandbox RPG instead of just jumping from battle to battle. You have a dedicated character and/or kingdpm you build over a long period of time, as opposed to the short quick paced battles of pretty much any of the MP modes. Stop spewing your dumb over others.

Single player is a whole another experience. You take your time in a sandbox RPG instead of just jumping from battle to battle. You have a dedicated character and/or kingdpm you build over a long period of time, as opposed to the short quick paced battles of pretty much any of the MP modes. Stop spewing your dumb over others.
Are we pretending the Armory doesnt exist on the main menu of the game? Where you can easily see the options your character has, and where creating a button "Save loadout" could easily be added? Or better yet, have a "Suggested loadout" button when you spawn in, so if you just want to jump in and fight, you can easily do that, while the majority of players will want to pick their own equipment like in Warband.

Are we pretending the Armory doesnt exist on the main menu of the game? Where you can easily see the options your character has, and where creating a button "Save loadout" could easily be added? Or better yet, have a "Suggested loadout" button when you spawn in, so if you just want to jump in and fight, you can easily do that, while the majority of players will want to pick their own equipment like in Warband.

no bro thats too next gen for this game it cant support it sorry

It's been proven that only people with 800 clicks per minute can play singleplayer. The amount of micromanaging is insane!!!!!!!!!

Can the devs address that we're ultimately going to get rid of the class system ourselves with mods when mod support/community servers comes out? The work on the class system in game modes other than captain is quite a good waste of time. Nobody wants it still.

It didn't do a good job keeping dedicated players around, and it certainly didn't make it easier for new players... So how about we talk about that for a bit?

Plus, I'm tired of people talking about metas because the class system exists.

P.S. I appreciate the upcoming patch.

@AVRC Do you think we'll be able to see a patch going on live servers in following 2 weeks? Like spectator mode would be pretty juicy since there's a semi-finals already on BEAST tournament.
Spectator mode will not be in this immediate patch unfortunately, it will be in a following patch.

I've been gnawing my keyboard the whole week while waiting for that multiplayer patch. I suppose its not coming today either, cause never push to production on a friday.

At least I won a game with Battania in Seargant mode. We've been blessed.

Spectator mode will not be in this immediate patch unfortunately, it will be in a following patch.
It’s not like the current matches are fun to watch anyways so it’s fine. Take your time on spectator mode it’s only minor for the current state of the game. We first need the combat mechanics to have something interesting to spectate.

Last edited:
It’s not like the current matches are fun to watch anyways so it’s fine. Take your time on spectator mode it’s only minor for the current state of the game. We first need the combat mechanics to have interesting to spectate.
+1 We were supposedly told that we will be reluctantly pleased very soon. :iamamoron:

A bare minimum for making the spectator work is changing the camera system. Not being able to go through openings that have rooftops is incredibly frustrating.

Certainly there are unfixed problems for both third-person (Bannerlord's camera system needs major improvements by Noudelle) and first-person vision ([Adjustable request] An independent FOV for weapons in first person view by me).

I think there are solid arguments to both sides of the debate, to be honest.

Most of Warband's equipment choice was an illusion, but it was something that was in the hands of players, allowing them to make their own decisions. Admittedly, I was always a big fan of just running around with throwing weapons and forgoing armour and a proper melee weapon to do that, and it was a lot of fun in a casual setting. In higher-level play though, most pieces of equipment were ignored, or at least that is my understanding of it.

On the other hand, the class system simply removes most of these non-choices and allows you to just jump in and play on a more level playing field. But at the same time, it does take away some of the fun of mixing and matching gear to suit your own playstyle.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but is it possible that a lot of this frustration actually stems from the lack of visual customisation? Like, being unable to show off your silly character face, or running around shirtless as a statement of your melee prowess, or just to pick what you think looks cool?

Partially, but it's also a lack of choice issue in terms of equipment as well, the "more classes but less equipment freedom" kinda forces you down certain avenues. In a game of Warband, you can simply be an infantry and you can take any combination of shield, 2 hander, 1 hander, spear, throwing weapons, and armour that you desire. In Bannerlord, if you want to go 2 hander, you must go X class with Y perk (which may come with some element of equipment, armour, or movement speed you don't want), if you want to switch up to 1h and shield you against must go a different class and perk, if you want throwing weapons you may need to change up again, and so on.

It can be interesting to have a more tactical decision of cost vs benefit here rather than simply being able to do anything (gold allowing), but in practice there still has mostly been a few "best" options leaving the rest as uninteresting options, whereas with the more freeform Warband system there was still basically only a few truly viable options, but slight tweaks here and there could be made in certain situations, whilst the fun options were far greater for your trolls and casual gamers etc. So it just felt more natural for most players whatever their mood.

This isn't to say it was perfect, definitely it needed clearer and better default equipment setups so that new players wouldn't get confused, the gold/upgrade system was a bit too obscure (and actually bugged for a few items), and so on. Bannerlord's system basically fixes that, but at the cost of everything else. I don't really hate it to be honest, but I also don't like it particularly, which seems to be the most positive thing people say about it.

That's okay, looking forward to both patches. They should help to mix things up in the MP scene in all of the different game modes, and with additional feedback and refinement MP will continue to get better and better.

I think there are solid arguments to both sides of the debate, to be honest.

Most of Warband's equipment choice was an illusion, but it was something that was in the hands of players, allowing them to make their own decisions. Admittedly, I was always a big fan of just running around with throwing weapons and forgoing armour and a proper melee weapon to do that, and it was a lot of fun in a casual setting. In higher-level play though, most pieces of equipment were ignored, or at least that is my understanding of it.

On the other hand, the class system simply removes most of these non-choices and allows you to just jump in and play on a more level playing field. But at the same time, it does take away some of the fun of mixing and matching gear to suit your own playstyle.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but is it possible that a lot of this frustration actually stems from the lack of visual customisation? Like, being unable to show off your silly character face, or running around shirtless as a statement of your melee prowess, or just to pick what you think looks cool?
@Callum My frustrations literally come from the class system itself. I don't like that I'm forced to carry weapons that I don't want, and I don't like that I'm limited to a small amount of weapons when I pick a class. I don't like that I have to sacrifice my playstyle to play along with the class meta. All I want is Infantry, Ranged, or Cavalry. That's it.

To say that it's easy for someone to just jump in on a more level playing field just because they don't have to select gear is silly. Not giving the player enough credit for being smart enough to click a button. Someone's skill isn't determined by the gear they have. Trying to make it so is frustrating and actually gives players an unfair disadvantage when they're facing someone who has better gear than them AND has a higher skill level than them anyways. Giving players the ability to pick a weapon that works well against heavy armor on the fly is what made Warband so balanced. You get to adapt to your situation at respawn.

It took me less than 1 hour to understand the gear in Warband. We're talking about primitive weapons that everyone is aware of. Not 2020 modern military assault rifles with 20 different attachments. If someone can't understand that the length/mass of a weapon determines its reach/damage/speed, I'm surprised they can even work a computer. It took me much longer to learn what each class does and what weapons it can carry, than it did for me to look at all the weapons in Warband and quickly realize their simple function.

And to your point about cosmetics, absolutely. I hate that everyone looks the same and that I can't look like a complete idiot. And not being able to suit my own playstyle is 100% a part of it as well.

I think you guys got too wrapped up in trying to attract a new audience, and forgot about the fun. What we had was awesome. Just needed to be improved on. Not changed entirely. Ended up having the opposite affect and turned away your existing playerbase, which turned away everyone else who might have been interested.

Last edited:
@Callum My frustrations literally come from the class system itself. I don't like that I'm forced to carry weapons that I don't want, and I don't like that I'm limited to a small amount of weapons when I pick a class. I don't like that I have to sacrifice my playstyle to play along with the class meta. All I want is Infantry, Ranged, or Cavalry. That's it.

To say that it's easy for someone to just jump in on a more level playing field just because they don't have to select gear is silly. Not giving the player enough credit for being smart enough to click a button. Someone's skill isn't determined by the gear they have. Trying to make it so is frustrating and actually gives players an unfair disadvantage when they're facing someone who has better gear than them AND has a higher skill level than them anyways. Giving players the ability to pick a weapon that works well against heavy armor on the fly is what made Warband so balanced. You get to adapt to your situation at respawn.

It took me less than 1 hour to understand the gear in Warband. We're talking about primitive weapons that everyone is aware of. Not 2020 modern military assault rifles with 20 different attachments. If someone can't understand that the length/mass of a weapon determines its reach/damage/speed, I'm surprised they can even work a computer. It took me much longer to learn what each class does and what weapons it can carry, than it did for me to look at all the weapons in Warband and quickly realize their simple function.

And to your point about cosmetics, absolutely. I hate that everyone looks the same and that I can't look like a complete idiot. And not being able to suit my own playstyle is 100% a part of it as well.

I think you guys got too wrapped up in trying to attract a new audience, and forgot about the fun. What we had was awesome. Just needed to be improved on. Not changed entirely. Ended up having the opposite affect and turned away your existing playerbase, which turned away everyone else who might have been interested.

+1

Back
Top Bottom