Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

The fact is that it's way riskier to kick in warband. And he is defending himself, not attacking. Those are the major differences
I knew this would be the answer. But I am using kicks exactly like him, kick after each attack, and people get very upset that it is possible in BL :smile:

This player (and many others) are abusing a glitch in warband that was never patched. If your ping is below around 50 you can’t block and kick with shield and you can block all except down direction attacks. If your ping is above 55 you can block thrusts while kicking. If your ping is above or around 65 you can block and kick with shield. Why this exists nobody knows ??‍♂️ But it has infuriated players for a decade

I knew this would be the answer. But I am using kicks exactly like him, kick after each attack, and people get very upset that it is possible in BL :smile:
The fact is you can barely counter it in bannerlord, jumping doesn't work, characters are really slow so footwork matter less. It's all about a balance that doesn't exist yet in Bannerlord, and if you fail to see that, then you are blind.

The range is further, the animation is quicker, and you recover faster kicking in Bannerlord (until the MP patch comes). They're a different kettle of fish.

(I don't use scroll wheel anymore)

The fact is you can barely counter it in bannerlord, jumping doesn't work, characters are really slow so footwork matter less. It's all about a balance that doesn't exist yet in Bannerlord, and if you fail to see that, then you are blind.
I think gibby and fietta said over and over again that the high movementspeed and acceleration in BL litterally brakes the game...

I think gibby and fietta said over and over again that the high movementspeed and acceleration in BL litterally brakes the game...
And I don't agree with them? I think the attack speed and the randomness of speed in this game are what breaks the game. It feels like you are moving and defending on slowest but attacking in fastest.

This player (and many others) are abusing a glitch in warband that was never patched. If your ping is below around 50 you can’t block and kick with shield and you can block all except down direction attacks.
What? Blocking sideswings while kicking was a bug?? But kicks would have been completely unviable without that.

What? Blocking sideswings while kicking was a bug?? But kicks would have been completely unviable without that.
Kicks are a risk to take, not some key you press without risk to end a fight. Kicking in warband was fine because you could easily dodge them in duel if you were careful, but in Bannerlord, if you play passively you get kicked, which is BS

And I don't agree with them? I think the attack speed and the randomness of speed in this game are what breaks the game. It feels like you are moving and defending on slowest but attacking in fastest.
I agree with that completely.
But when I kick while defending I am the slow one and the attacker is fast? Why is that a problem for kicks.

I agree with that completely.
But when I kick while defending I am the slow one and the attacker is fast? Why is that a problem for kicks.
Kicking is incredibly fast in Bannerlord. The attack of your opponent may be fast, but his movement speed is still slower than the kick itself. Kicking as to be fixed via movement speed not attack/defense speed. This is where the problem is when talking about speed: some talk about attack speed, others about movement speed and we end up with people thinking this game is faster and others thinking it's slower. In reality it's a mix of the two: attack animations, and kicks are WAY faster than warband, while blocking and movements are way slower than warband.

He's quite popular for his kicks.

But he was letting his opponent come towards him in order to land a kick, rather than how it's typically done in Bannerlord.

That was such an epic play, as you're saying they are moving into his kicks rather than him hugging their face and trying to kick them bl style.

Nah nothing weird in that video just ppl getting kicked chasing a lance
Oh it was just a random statement :grin: But I actually did some testing around this 55ping stab block during kick (4 years ago) and I came to the conclusion that if you delay your stab a bit he cannot block it. If you stab asap he can block it. Is that true?

Oh it was just a random statement :grin: But I actually did some testing around this 55ping stab block during kick (4 years ago) and I came to the conclusion that if you delay your stab a bit he cannot block it. If you stab asap he can block it. Is that true?

Didn't research it loads but I know from experience having that ping it wasn't 100% reliable. Shakes up fight rhythm a lot though, it's vastly more powerful for shield kicks.

Back
Top Bottom