Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Best way to balance empire would be to remove Pilas as an option for Menavlion.
They are already the strongest unit in captain mode without the need for two, 1-shot throwable weapons as well.

If classes are still in and not overhauled in a major way, your game will continue to be irrelevant. Not a single soul is enjoying classes and the fact that you still deny it and act like nothing is wrong is really making it laughable. I will save judgement on combat parameters so I can test them myself, but I am not really motivated to do so when 3 of the factions are to my dislike and I am being forced to play what I do no want to play.

At this point we've all been waiting for as long time for this new update. Quite frankly, the more I read about it, the more I get hyped.

We know it's gonna be soon, but when that is.. :grin:

BREAKING NEWS: Bannerlord competitive community will lose most of its new members in the next update after they discover that they aren't really good.
How to be a Bannerlord pro player:
-buy javs
-kick
-throw jav
You just won the round by yourself

Internal tests are still ongoing for the next patches so I don't think it will be this week, fyi.
giphy.gif

This patch is played hard to get :iamamoron:

Anyway, thank you for the information and for the honesty in the estimation.

#150theturningpointpatch

I disagree.
Classes have a place in Captain and Skirmish and I personally am under the impressionen, that people are warming up to classes in these game modes.
They don't work for TDM and Duel.

In captain, yes, because they work as archetypes for your army. In anything pure pvp related, they limit customization and playstyles.

Internal tests are still ongoing for the next patches so I don't think it will be this week, fyi.
Honestly take as long as you need, It's nice to see this community excited for a change. Everything said so far seems really good (though I hope we accept that this won't be the final version; it won't be perfect). Either way this new communication is perfect. The game really feels back on track!

#150theturningpointpatch

In anything pure pvp related, they limit customization and playstyles.

Yes, but knowing what the enemy picks can influence tactical decisions.
While the Aserai Guard is decently armored, I still prefer to pick swords over the mace when I fight them, because I can predict that my enemy is probably going to spawn with 3 Skirmishers.
I can predict if people are going to spawn as cav and if I should rather bring a spear than a throwing weapon.

And for myself it's also important.
When Playing as Battania, I have to decide if it's better for me to spawn heavy infantry twice now or maybe three Skirmishers next round.
And also each class comes with a different playstyle.
Skirmishers focus on throwing before engaging in melee, whilr heavy infantry have to engage melee quicker.
Heavy Archers can support in melee while light archers should stay away.
Only light and heavy cav play mostly the same.

But I honestly don't want to turn this in a class discussing thread.
I think classes enrich competetiv play. They still need more work though.

Yes, but knowing what the enemy picks can influence tactical decisions.
While the Aserai Guard is decently armored, I still prefer to pick swords over the mace when I fight them, because I can predict that my enemy is probably going to spawn with 3 Skirmishers.
I can predict if people are going to spawn as cav and if I should rather bring a spear than a throwing weapon.

And for myself it's also important.
When Playing as Battania, I have to decide if it's better for me to spawn heavy infantry twice now or maybe three Skirmishers next round.
And also each class comes with a different playstyle.
Skirmishers focus on throwing before engaging in melee, whilr heavy infantry have to engage melee quicker.
Heavy Archers can support in melee while light archers should stay away.
Only light and heavy cav play mostly the same.

But I honestly don't want to turn this in a class discussing thread.
I think classes enrich competetiv play. They still need more work though.
People do have some understandable dislike of the class system; but it's not going anywhere and it is improving. After 1.50 I have a good feeling it will start to be taking shape nicely; and the concerns about it will turn from valid criticism to stubborn refusal of acceptance. We will see of course... That does depend on it improving.

Back
Top Bottom