Starting position

Users who are viewing this thread

Why can't I choose where I start?
If I select Khuzait culture, I want to start with Khuzaits, so I should spawn near their cities or the capitol or something.

Why do we always spawn at the same place? It's ridiculously annoying to have to run solo to the place you want to be every time you start a new game, and have to dodge looters and raiders.

I think it was a a placeholder decision more than anything. I personally ride to Sturgia as soon as I start and abandon the story line and its a long ride. Hopefully will get changed at some point :smile:

Skipping the tutorial should be an option we choose while in the last screen of character creation. If you skip the tutorial you should spawn outside your cultures capitol. If you want to do the tutorial you spawn where it is now and go through the current motions.

Skipping the tutorial should be an option we choose while in the last screen of character creation. If you skip the tutorial you should spawn outside your cultures capitol. If you want to do the tutorial you spawn where it is now and go through the current motions.

Yeah, this is good.

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you really saying that you are taking that army out by yourself?

Killing 84 people, single-handedly, right after you start the game, with starting equipment is not something vanilla game offer as far as I know. I haven't tried it but I don't think even the easiest AI/combat setting allows that. Even the most stupid weapon - stones - is deadly as hell in the beginning. 5 stone hits and you practically have your funeral afterwards.

I think this makes sense. But I think they already have something in their mind about this

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you really saying that you are taking that army out by yourself?

Killing 84 people, single-handedly, right after you start the game, with starting equipment is not something vanilla game offer as far as I know. I haven't tried it but I don't think even the easiest AI/combat setting allows that. Even the most stupid weapon - stones - is deadly as hell in the beginning. 5 stone hits and you practically have your funeral afterwards.

He isn't using purely starting equipment, probably not. But you can absolutely farm that specific minor faction with contemptuous ease.

I think this makes sense. But I think they already have something in their mind about this

Embers of the Flame are just walking money sacks. They're unshielded, lightly armored sword infantry, powerless against a single human horse archer.
I always pawn my sword and civilian clothes for 2 stacks of arrows and better horse asap. But this time I caught caught a Hidden hand spawn right at the tutorial end spot, 11 guys with throwing knives put up more of a fight then 84 with just swords.

He isn't using purely starting equipment, probably not. But you can absolutely farm that specific minor faction with contemptuous ease.
yes I have 2 more stacks of arrows, a desert horse and glove the hidden hand party dropped, plus alot of skill up already from milking the tutorial fights (not letting troops kill them). But that faction is far weaker then looters. If I see 84 looters I nope the **** out.

yes I have 2 more stacks of arrows, a desert horse and glove the hidden hand party dropped, plus alot of skill up already from milking the tutorial fights (not letting troops kill them). But that faction is far weaker then looters. If I see 84 looters I nope the **** out.
I mean you are basically just retreating once you run out of arrows and then fighting them again right?

I think the reason for forcing the start in empire territory has to do with how the main storyline ties into the empire, but I also don't think that necessarily means the starting position has to be there. I agree it would make more sense if your tutorial starts in the culture of your choosing. And if they add in a sandbox mode or method of opting out of the story, then it makes even more sense to start there rather than always in the empire.

It is not on the top of my list of things I'd like to see them get to sooner rather than later., but I agree that it should be part of the finished product.

I mean you are basically just retreating once you run out of arrows and then fighting them again right?
In particular I'm shooting haphazardly at full speed for more skill ups, then retreating to focus on the recruit tiers and retreating again so that I can take the advanced units last to loot them, I assume it works like warband (seems to). Too bad there's no inventory box.

Embers of the Flame are just walking money sacks. They're unshielded, lightly armored sword infantry, powerless against a single human horse archer.
This kinda looks like a bug to me - a hilarious one tho. In theory, they shouldn't be less powerful than looters especially while they look so "soldiery"
I think you should report it if you haven't already.

This kinda looks like a bug to me - a hilarious one tho. In theory, they shouldn't be less powerful than looters especially while they look so "soldiery"

It isn't a bug.

They just have no ranged weapons at all, so there is nothing stopping you from circling around, filling them all with arrows.

Some minor factions are just absolutely hopeless. And there's nothing 'soldiery' about the Embers of the Flame. They're literally a mob of zealots in robes and maybe the occasional helmet.

Them, the Jawwal and the Hidden Hand are a great way to farm early on.

It isn't a bug.
You can hit a lord flawlessly many times but you still wouldn't be able to kill him because they are like a juggernaut. There is nothing you can do to high tier units even if you are Legolas. Your arrows are basically flying toothpicks for them. So in this case they do look more "fierce" and "organized" than looters.
Even if you have a battle with 80 peasants, you can't kill them without shooting them several times. This basically means in every fallback-comeback session you can kill around 10 people at most with your arrow capacity. This means you need to do this 8 times relentlessly. Not sure this is what he is doing - because what I understood from his sentence is that they are actually dying super fast as well because of their fake armor ( no armor.. )

Not a game-breaking thing ofc but they could be more efficient and balanced compared to looters

Also, check the image again. It's not just about the circling, main core soldiers don't even give damn and turn their head to him while he is literally the only person that they should kill.

You can hit a lord flawlessly many times but you still wouldn't be able to kill him because they are like a juggernaut. There is nothing you can do to high tier units even if you are Legolas. Your arrows are basically flying toothpicks for them. So in this case they do look more "fierce" and "organized" than looters.
Even if you have a battle with 80 peasants, you can't kill them without shooting them several times. This basically means in every fallback-comeback session you can kill around 10 people at most with your arrow capacity. This means you need to do this 8 times relentlessly. Not sure this is what he is doing - because what I understood from his sentence is that they are actually dying super fast as well because of their fake armor ( no armor.. )

Not a game-breaking thing ofc but they could be more efficient and balanced compared to looters

Also, check the image again. It's not just about the circling, main core soldiers don't even give damn and turn their head to him while he is literally the only person that they should kill.
Oathkeepers literally run into battle with nothing but robes and maybe some weak helmets. No shields or anything. Like I've already said, they're the opposite of a fierce and organised army. As they're ripe for renown farming and little else.

Back
Top Bottom