Group Targeting would be Much better if you target from any unit in the group, not just the "icon marker location".

Users who are viewing this thread

I appreciate that TW added a much asked for function to the game with group targeting, but about 1/2 the time I go to use it, the targeting mechanism cannot be found in time to make use of it. Something more important with positioning troops comes up and looking for the icon must be abandoned. It needs to be instantly usable or it's worthless. I don't know if it was imagined we would order attack from a long distance and then not change the order, but this is basically never the case. The game is proficiently played by constant positioning and re-positioning of troops in a dynamic way, so we need to order the group targeting up close and in a dynamic way too.

I think pointing at any unit of a group to target the attack is much better. I have troops with me and it's silly that when an enemy group is attacking I must "look all around" for the icon rather then ordering the attack based on the troops in front of us. This feature in the RTS Command Module Mod is objectively better because you can point at any troop to issue the attack order.

Alternatively or in addition a radial menu would be okay too like select your group then select group enemy group for them to attack. This would be useful for starting the attack on group when you cannot visibly see them at all, such as you have move troops behind enemies and the move to the opposite side, you can't see the far enemy group but need to time an attack.

I understand TW not wanting an overhead view for order during battle, but this lack over overhead increases the need for targeting to be more direct from the player position as we can often not see the icon or find it in time and are often also in combat.

imo the targeting system has barely any use (except for cav). at least i dont use it at all but it's great when others can make use of it.

the problem i do have with it is that very often when you want to set up your troops with click+drag, the game recognize it as an attack order. even if the mouse isnt targeting anything. that fked up a lot of fights for me already.

the feature really stands in my way and i would love to have the option to turn it off.

imo the targeting system has barely any use (except for cav). at least i dont use it at all but it's great when others can make use of it.

the problem i do have with it is that very often when you want to set up your troops with click+drag, the game recognize it as an attack order. even if the mouse isnt targeting anything. that fked up a lot of fights for me already.

the feature really stands in my way and i would love to have the option to turn it off.
Yeah I haven't been using it much either, but often when I think "hey I'd like my cavalry to attack this here" I can't even get the targeting in time so oh well we'll just walk them through instead. It's not needed as we've played for years without it, but if they improved it a little it could be useful.

Yeah I haven't been using it much either, but often when I think "hey I'd like my cavalry to attack this here" I can't even get the targeting in time so oh well we'll just walk them through instead. It's not needed as we've played for years without it, but if they improved it a little it could be useful.
to me it's just another feature with more bugs than quality of life
i just tried to attack and it turned out that my infantry was attacking the enemy cav, without me actually giving that order. it was a simple f1f3 that turned all my troops around to attack 20 cav while there are 200 infantry...

Back
Top Bottom