START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Users who are viewing this thread

In the last version you would buy the spell scroll and have them learn it, but I'm doing a lot of testing right now (along with communication with guspav) to get the guide up to date. I'll start looking into your question right now, give me like 10 minutes and I should have an answer :smile:

Alright, so after testing with Ymira I'm still trying to figure out how to tell which spells she currently has, and how to teach her new ones. I'll get back to you when I'm able to figure it out :smile:

no worries mate whenever u can. jus having fun collecting all the companions atm. i did see the old mage dude bust out shield during battle so mayb jus depends on thier magic power level.

pch68 said:
no worries mate whenever u can. jus having fun collecting all the companions atm. i did see the old mage dude bust out shield during battle so mayb jus depends on thier magic power level.

I'm leaning towards that too, but I went ahead and asked guspav directly to confirm it :smile: When he gives another response I'll tell you.

The spells mages will field will be directly influenced by their magic power score. They'll get a list of possible spells depending on the score, that list will be randomized and then the spells will be given to each mage individually (a reason why the game lags when mages spawn).  So the first few magic power scores will be filled with shield and magic missile spells and then other more interesting spells will start appearing.

guspav said:
The spells mages will field will be directly influenced by their magic power score. They'll get a list of possible spells depending on the score, that list will be randomized and then the spells will be given to each mage individually (a reason why the game lags when mages spawn).  So the first few magic power scores will be filled with shield and magic missile spells and then other more interesting spells will start appearing.

I'll have to find a way to include this into the guide somewhere! Thanks for the update :smile:

awesome cheers bud gr8 job wit mod btw
how do u suggest equiping mage companions  btw in weapon departments? bit lost there  :oops: .

loving the pally hammer spell so much fun playing crocket wit skelly heads

pch68 said:
awesome cheers bud gr8 job wit mod btw
how do u suggest equiping mage companions  btw in weapon departments? bit lost there  :oops: .

loving the pally hammer spell so much fun playing crocket wit skelly heads
Thanks!

Hehe, yeah, that spiritual hammer is really something, isn't it?

Well, a mage robe and a mage hat/hood plus a staff on the first slot if you want to make them pure mages. The more powerful the robe and hat, the more powerful the magic damage your companion will cause with spells.
If you want to make a fighter-mage give him/her a mithril maille or elven mail shirt, a mage hood and a weapon of your choice in the first slot, maybe a sword... for a more mystical look, and if you have the money, buy them either a frost brand or a flame tongue.

guspav said:
Thanks!

Well, a mage robe and a mage hat/hood plus a staff on the first slot if you want to make them pure mages. The more powerful the robe and hat, the more powerful the magic damage your companion will cause with spells.
If you want to make a fighter-mage give him/her a mithril maille or elven mail shirt, a mage hood and a weapon of your choice in the first slot, maybe a sword... for a more mystical look, and if you have the money, buy them either a frost brand or a flame tongue.

I'm loving the hammer ATM. It's doing the job nicely. I'm working around building my force with Kolibyr Fenix to take on the demon hordes :grin:, it seems the Chaplain went missing in Calradia. Hope he's doing well :razz:

Thanks!

swt thanks mate . Will leave them with just the staff atm .Fought a few bandits so got em some journeyman ones  :grin:

In a fit of cheatery, I saw the Twilight Armor for sale from the Four Ways Inn and donated some gold into my character using the export/import feature. The armor itself is very protective, and apparently enhances magic, though my current question is how much, compared to the Archmage or Masters robes?

Twilight armor says 0.5 whereas best is archmage says 16 . Not sure how it works . i havent quite delved too much into magery yet but if ya wanna look for urself its on the first page of tis forum in enhance magic category under spoiler tag.

Heh, must've missed it. I did feel like my spells were hitting a bit less harder, but now I can wade into melee with a newly found vorpal sword without getting completely shredded in the first two seconds.

Not quite a beginners question, but where does one end up locating mithril ingots?

I've looted one from some Zagush (Blazing Hand village) once. Which posed me a problem because apparently no merchant had enough to pay the 4k for it, and selling it would have been useful for me since it was early game.

AstralVoid said:
In a fit of cheatery, I saw the Twilight Armor for sale from the Four Ways Inn and donated some gold into my character using the export/import feature. The armor itself is very protective, and apparently enhances magic, though my current question is how much, compared to the Archmage or Masters robes?

Yes, twilight armor is very protective and gives some enhance magic (.5). The main reason that it's important to have just some rather than none means that in the calculation it won't be counted as zero and give a NEGATIVE return value, thus decreasing magic power pretty drastically. The actual formula for how the damage is calculated using enhance magic armor is also in the guide, it's pretty simple, but takes a moment to understand the reasoning behind it.

Twilight armor is meant for those who have decent to high magic power already, but are now looking for armor to supplement their robes. They don't "need" the robes for them do large amounts of damage because their magic power skill already allows them to do a lot.

Can you turn companions into liches? Or get lich vassals when you're a king without having to steal the lords from the undead kingdom? Basically I want to be an evil king with evil lords following me. Having lich lords fits the bill.

jacksin125 said:
Can you turn companions into liches? Or get lich vassals when you're a king without having to steal the lords from the undead kingdom? Basically I want to be an evil king with evil lords following me. Having lich lords fits the bill.
No, as of now... not yet, I might make that possible in a future version.

guspav said:
jacksin125 said:
No, as of now... not yet, I might make that possible in a future version.
Cool

Where can I sell gems and gold for their full value? The mithril ingot's worth almost 5000, but I haven't seen a store with more than 2000

Back
Top Bottom