START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Currently viewing this thread:

MackSparrow

Recruit
Best answers
0
First of all: I love this mod. It is the best, really.

I am trying to become a lich, and I fail, though I don't know why. I play a drow necromancer. 9 in necromancy skill, 51 HP and still i can't find the option "Lichdom" in the camp menu.

The reason I write it here is because I have used the Beginner's guide alot. Perhaps it's flawed somehow?

What I am doing wrong?
 

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
MackSparrow said:
First of all: I love this mod. It is the best, really.

I am trying to become a lich, and I fail, though I don't know why. I play a drow necromancer. 9 in necromancy skill, 51 HP and still i can't find the option "Lichdom" in the camp menu.

The reason I write it here is because I have used the Beginner's guide alot. Perhaps it's flawed somehow?

What I am doing wrong?
camp: actions:  Use your necromancy skills  choose instead  Go to 2nd action menuLichdom

  The thread here applies to the 4 years ago version, which is totally different code and not very much the same at all.  Neither will I pledge to do everything identically as 2014. Neither does it have all of 2014's bugs or features.  So if something moved, there is the issue that menus cut off at 15 entries and too many things were trying to fit in one menu. Thus most menus have 2 pages now.

 
 

whydott

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
I starting to activate epidemic by now, easiest way to get relation to fief I think. But I only do clearing it in town, for helping prosperity. what will happen to the others? does epidemic will eventually cure itself?
 

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
whydott said:
I starting to activate epidemic by now, easiest way to get relation to fief I think. But I only do clearing it in town, for helping prosperity. what will happen to the others? does epidemic will eventually cure itself?
  certainly.  It goes away only slightly faster if your party has 10+ in "medical skills" which is    surgery + wound treatment + first aid and slightly invisibly boosted by clerics and certain nurse troops such as blazing hand nuns.  The party medical skill is shown by  camp: actions: actions page 2: show special skills : probably second page  (I dont have the game open in front of me -- too long to load even if it does load in 1 minute 20 seconds on my very high speed PC).  I or maybe its 1:40.  Compiling I thought was 1:40, but maybe its 1:20.  Anyway, its too slow.
 

whydott

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
gsanders said:
whydott said:
I starting to activate epidemic by now, easiest way to get relation to fief I think. But I only do clearing it in town, for helping prosperity. what will happen to the others? does epidemic will eventually cure itself?
  certainly.  It goes away only slightly faster if your party has 10+ in "medical skills" which is    surgery + wound treatment + first aid and slightly invisibly boosted by clerics and certain nurse troops such as blazing hand nuns.  The party medical skill is shown by  camp: actions: actions page 2: show special skills : probably second page  (I dont have the game open in front of me -- too long to load even if it does load in 1 minute 20 seconds on my very high speed PC).  I or maybe its 1:40.  Compiling I thought was 1:40, but maybe its 1:20.  Anyway, its too slow.
the other I means are other fief :lol:, like castles and villages. I only cure epidemic in towns. will that cure itself by time?
 

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
whydott said:
gsanders said:
whydott said:
I starting to activate epidemic by now, easiest way to get relation to fief I think. But I only do clearing it in town, for helping prosperity. what will happen to the others? does epidemic will eventually cure itself?
  certainly.  It goes away only slightly faster if your party has 10+ in "medical skills" which is    surgery + wound treatment + first aid and slightly invisibly boosted by clerics and certain nurse troops such as blazing hand nuns.  The party medical skill is shown by  camp: actions: actions page 2: show special skills : probably second page  (I dont have the game open in front of me -- too long to load even if it does load in 1 minute 20 seconds on my very high speed PC).  I or maybe its 1:40.  Compiling I thought was 1:40, but maybe its 1:20.  Anyway, its too slow.
the other I means are other fief :lol:, like castles and villages. I only cure epidemic in towns. will that cure itself by time?
  epidemics cure themselves after 4-5 days.  They come come back slowly and rarely, moving from place to place with a new check every 240 hours.
Each place has about 3% chance for epidemic, village, castle, town.  They're easy money with a good party and good healing skills, and for 100 denars the guildmaster will tell you where they are right now, similar to asking for tournaments at the arena (but it costs money to ask).
 

SmurfInHell

Squire
Best answers
0
With the new Phantasy 2018 I'm going to attempt to clean up the guide and add the new mechanics for this setup while keeping the most important stuff in tact. I've been on hiatus for a number of reasons, but I'm hoping to at least come back and keep this guide in top shape. Will keep you all posted!
 

Zero001

Recruit
Best answers
0
Hello one question. How lvl up necromancer skill? o chose him in the screen of creation but i don`t see him in any place.
Sorry i don`t speak very well english :oops:
 

SmurfInHell

Squire
Best answers
0
Zero001 said:
Hello one question. How lvl up necromancer skill? o chose him in the screen of creation but i don`t see him in any place.
Sorry i don`t speak very well english :oops:
You must have intelligence to level the skill. Every 3 points in intelligence allows 1 more point in necromancy. To use it you need to have a close to full hp bar and then go to camp and use your necromancy skill.
 

Zero001

Recruit
Best answers
0
if you start the game in spanish appear "habilidad especial 3" instead of necromancy. I change the languague of the game, now appear normal. thanks! :grin: :grin:
 

Alemismun

Recruit
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
This is a very stupid question, but how do I install this properly?
I just get phantasy_v156_full_b8b.7z and then on top of it overwrite the files with phantasy_patch_v156b11 right?
 

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
Alemismun said:
This is a very stupid question, but how do I install this properly?
I just get phantasy_v156_full_b8b.7z and then on top of it overwrite the files with phantasy_patch_v156b11 right?
  That should do it.

You'll want to use  7-zip from  https://www.7-zip.org/    (and probably the 64-bit Windows version)
to open the files with.

  don't forget to set  "load textures on demand" to ENABLED at Warband's first screen (before starting to load the mod),
by pressing Configure: Video  and looking about 1/3rd of the way down the screen to toggle that.

  You should also have a recent version of Warband -- 1.172, 1.173, or 1.168    (in best to worst order), as there is an operation used in the code that didn't exist in version 1.158 or earlier.
 

Alemismun

Recruit
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
gsanders said:
Alemismun said:
This is a very stupid question, but how do I install this properly?
I just get phantasy_v156_full_b8b.7z and then on top of it overwrite the files with phantasy_patch_v156b11 right?
  That should do it.

You'll want to use  7-zip from  https://www.7-zip.org/    (and probably the 64-bit Windows version)
to open the files with.

  don't forget to set  "load textures on demand" to ENABLED at Warband's first screen (before starting to load the mod),
by pressing Configure: Video  and looking about 1/3rd of the way down the screen to toggle that.

  You should also have a recent version of Warband -- 1.172, 1.173, or 1.168    (in best to worst order), as there is an operation used in the code that didn't exist in version 1.158 or earlier.
Can I use WinRAR instead or does it have to be 7zip?
 

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Best answers
0
Alemismun said:
gsanders said:
You'll want to use  7-zip from  https://www.7-zip.org/    (and probably the 64-bit Windows version) to open the files with.
Can I use WinRAR instead or does it have to be 7zip?
Newer versions of WinRAR can handle .7z files. 

I still recommend 7zip, but if you already have WinRAR, it should work.
 

Alemismun

Recruit
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
Tuidjy said:
Alemismun said:
gsanders said:
You'll want to use  7-zip from  https://www.7-zip.org/    (and probably the 64-bit Windows version) to open the files with.
Can I use WinRAR instead or does it have to be 7zip?
Newer versions of WinRAR can handle .7z files. 

I still recommend 7zip, but if you already have WinRAR, it should work.
Yay! Welp here I go!

Can't wait to finally get rid of the autosave glitch.
Edit, its still here :sad:
 

Onruu

Recruit
Best answers
0
A stupid question but a question non the less, where in hell can I buy a staff??
Any kind of staff. Been to the Mages town, to the undead spire and the elves and noone has  any kind of staff for sale  :facepalm:

But I do enjoy the mod, great work and tons of fun :smile: could only ise the giant rams from Perisno :grin:
 

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Best answers
0
Onruu said:
A stupid question but a question non the less, where in hell can I buy a staff??
Any kind of staff. Been to the Mages town, to the undead spire and the elves and noone has  any kind of staff for sale  :facepalm:

But I do enjoy the mod, great work and tons of fun :smile: could only ise the giant rams from Perisno :grin:
You must be the unluckiest guy ever, or playing a different version than me, because in my games, the mages, dow and undead often sell staffs.  You can also find one at the inn's merchant, but that's random now.

The cheapest way is of course to loot a staff from people who have them.  In increasing order of risk:
- almost every outlaw party has a few spellcasters who can drop a staff
- many spellcaster units can become deserters, especially in mage territory.
- some factions include a lot of spellcasters in their lord parties

By the way, you do not really need a staff, especially early on.  A low level staff does not make such a critical difference.  If you can win with one, you can usually win without one.  Your starting character will benefit from having a quick sword to go with the conjured shield more than he will benefit from a staff.  And whether that sword is steel or magic, it still needs a slot.
 

Onruu

Recruit
Best answers
0
I might be unlucky. I'm just a few hours into the mod, running around the map like crazy, visiting any towns I see and no staffs anywhere, I guess I'll jist keep on looking for them. Thanks a lot for the reply, it helped.

Cheers
Onruu