START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Next release... Damn I wish I had more time for everything, I'm getting about an hour of work done in a week :cry:

LazySteve said:
Next release... Damn I wish I had more time for everything, I'm getting about an hour of work done in a week :cry:
You're telling me. College does not want you to have free time what-so-ever -.-

dcoold said:
I'm a little curious about what picking the ranger profession does? i just started a character and im a little confused on what it did. thanks for any help.
Apart from the equipment and stats it doesn't do much yet.

I noticed that some skills can go above 10 (Iron flesh, Magic resist, Magic power etc), but not all skills. Could you add a list of these skills to the reference page?

also, a list of heroes, magic damage increases from items (like staves and robes), list of rare/unique items (ring of healing, Vorpal blade), stats of rare/unique items (%chance for vorpal strike, healing speed of ring and unicorn), benefits/restrictions from class selections (paladin gets lay on hands, mage starts with spell book), Special stats and abilities of troops (lich fear aura), Bermbert's future tinkering list (Gnomish repeating crossbow), general spawn locations of rare warbands (Death knights, lawless elven warbands)

most of this information is scattered around the forum, but is very difficult to find, even with the search function. Having this information in your useful reference post would be incredibly helpful!

Wertbarg said:
I noticed that some skills can go above 10 (Iron flesh, Magic resist, Magic power etc), but not all skills. Could you add a list of these skills to the reference page?

also, a list of heroes, magic damage increases from items (like staves and robes), list of rare/unique items (ring of healing, Vorpal blade), stats of rare/unique items (%chance for vorpal strike, healing speed of ring and unicorn), benefits/restrictions from class selections (paladin gets lay on hands, mage starts with spell book), Special stats and abilities of troops (lich fear aura), Bermbert's future tinkering list (Gnomish repeating crossbow), general spawn locations of rare warbands (Death knights, lawless elven warbands)

most of this information is scattered around the forum, but is very difficult to find, even with the search function. Having this information in your useful reference post would be incredibly helpful!

Absolutely! I'm gearing up to do the next large update to the guide. I'm going to start working with Guspav and LazySteve in an attempt to get everything that needs to be known ready for the guide! I'll make sure to double check so I can get everything you mentioned in this post into the guide.

Thank you for the feedback!

i think a cool idea to add to this is all the new character choice bonuses, like what you get from being a drow, an elf, or any other race, and all the back-story options like father was landed knight, you as a young child were a steppe child, when you grew up you became a mage apprentice, and ETC. i wanna know what the max possible intelligence, the max possible charisma, max agility, and max strength you can get from all the different combinations.

theomorphical said:
i think a cool idea to add to this is all the new character choice bonuses, like what you get from being a drow, an elf, or any other race, and all the back-story options like father was landed knight, you as a young child were a steppe child, when you grew up you became a mage apprentice, and ETC. i wanna know what the max possible intelligence, the max possible charisma, max agility, and max strength you can get from all the different combinations.

Parts of this can be added in when I do a huge revision of the guide for the upcoming patch! The stats gained from your "past" are a good thing to add to the list. That being said it would be a very long text post. If I did it then it would be in a public google doc that has a chart, and I would of course put a link to it.

this mod is awesome...has great potential....
bring in some...special troops like golems...which could only be got when an affinity with faction is achieved...

and bring in diplomacy ....like..floris mod...auto recuiter,constable...captain.patrol guard,treasurer...siege officer...

more factions...like...
minotaurs,
mercenary vampires,
mercenary werewolves,
goblins,
lizards,
angels ,
demons,
Nymphs
Faeries
Trolls
Dragons
Sprites
Gnomes
Hydras
Leviathans
Mermaids
Unicorns
Ghosts
Banshees
Succubus/Incubis
Vampires
Wherewolfs
Ghouls
Satyrs
Minotaurs
Gremlins
Elementals
Changelings
Hobbits
Dwarves
Sprites
Spectres
Orcs
Druids
Witches
Warlocks
Wizards
Giants
Demi-Gods
Cyclops
Aliens
Yetis
Centaurs
Were-people (wolves, tigers, bears etc.)
Loch Ness Monster
Leprechans
Demons
Angels
Tengu
Wight
Griffins
Sphinx
Hellhounds
Anubis
Phoenix
Matagot
Wendigo
Zombies
Ouroboros
Manticore
Baba Yaga
Dead Sea Apes
Sasquatch
Cthulhu
Nurikabe

choose something and make this mod the best mod ever.....i like it very much and this has got the potential...great job guys...

venkatevil said:
this mod is awesome...has great potential....
bring in some...special troops like golems...which could only be got when an affinity with faction is achieved...

and bring in diplomacy ....like..floris mod...auto recuiter,constable...captain.patrol guard,treasurer...siege officer...

more factions...like...
minotaurs,
mercenary vampires,
mercenary werewolves,
goblins,
lizards,
angels ,
demons,
Nymphs
Faeries
Trolls
Dragons
Sprites
Gnomes
Hydras
Leviathans
Mermaids
Unicorns
Ghosts
Banshees
Succubus/Incubis
Vampires
Wherewolfs
Ghouls
Satyrs
Minotaurs
Gremlins
Elementals
Changelings
Hobbits
Dwarves
Sprites
Spectres
Orcs
Druids
Witches
Warlocks
Wizards
Giants
Demi-Gods
Cyclops
Aliens
Yetis
Centaurs
Were-people (wolves, tigers, bears etc.)
Loch Ness Monster
Leprechans
Demons
Angels
Tengu
Wight
Griffins
Sphinx
Hellhounds
Anubis
Phoenix
Matagot
Wendigo
Zombies
Ouroboros
Manticore
Baba Yaga
Dead Sea Apes
Sasquatch
Cthulhu
Nurikabe

choose something and make this mod the best mod ever.....i like it very much and this has got the potential...great job guys...

Most of these things have already been addressed. Diplomacy is incompatible with this mod. Floris to some extent may be; the mod developer is probably looking into it. No more races can be added, they've all been used up. Their are already Golems in the mod Clay, Iron, and Stone versions are available. Demons, Shadows, Dwarves, Orcs, Wizards, Undead, Elves, Gnomes, Clerics/Paladins, and several other races are already in. Look for them. Even more Demons will be added with the next update.

Read more in-depth into the guide and you'll see there are a lot of those things already implemented, and many of the things that you are talking about have been in development for awhile coming out within next release.

One problem as a Necromancer with a army limit of 100 was my lovely shadows all disappeared when I suddenly received 40 crappy zombies. An option on whether to accept would be handy. If theres a fix I cant find it.

Other than that what a great mod. Magic too powerful but making magic users faction specific speciality troops would fix that.

woodyjj said:
One problem as a Necromancer with a army limit of 100 was my lovely shadows all disappeared when I suddenly received 40 crappy zombies. An option on whether to accept would be handy. If theres a fix I cant find it.

Other than that what a great mod. Magic too powerful but making magic users faction specific speciality troops would fix that.

Magic is getting a rebalance right now. Also, there's a big problem with the auto-calc not taking into account the magic users well. This means the Ridas Magocracy actually has a lot of trouble in the overworld map unless you're helping them.

Back to the top problem, why did they disappear? I've never had that happen. I've had say 99/100 spaces then got 40 zombies from a fight. Afterwards I either drop them off to  supplement garrisons or release them so they don't mess up my morale.

How do you cast Heal? I made a test character and maxed out my Faith, but I don't see a Heal spell in my spell book. I don't have a Faith bar anywhere, either.

swordEnthusiast said:
How do you cast Heal? I made a test character and maxed out my Faith, but I don't see a Heal spell in my spell book. I don't have a Faith bar anywhere, either.
You need version 0.53 for the (glitchy) faith powers.

Hey mate awesome mode  :grin:,
just a quick question . Whats the best way to gear up mage companions ? I get the armor bits but weapon wise should i just leave em wit staff ? if i give em say a shield and a sword too to fight in melee would it somehow affect thier magic skills?

Thanks again and i hope iam posting in correct forum .

pch68 said:
Hey mate awesome mode  :grin:,
just a quick question . Whats the best way to gear up mage companions ? I get the armor bits but weapon wise should i just leave em wit staff ? if i give em say a shield and a sword too to fight in melee would it somehow affect thier magic skills?

Thanks again and i hope iam posting in correct forum .
"

I would give them a staff, but if you don't have money for things like the shield spell for all of them a backup sword could be helpful! I'm working on an overhaul of the guide to be updated for .71, but there's a lot of new things to work on.

wow quick reply  :mrgreen: cheers mate
so.. how do i knw what spells they know and how to teach em new spells after i buy one?

pch68 said:
wow quick reply  :mrgreen: cheers mate
so.. how do i knw what spells they know and how to teach em new spells after i buy one?

In the last version you would buy the spell scroll and have them learn it, but I'm doing a lot of testing right now (along with communication with guspav) to get the guide up to date. I'll start looking into your question right now, give me like 10 minutes and I should have an answer :smile:

Alright, so after testing with Ymira I'm still trying to figure out how to tell which spells she currently has, and how to teach her new ones. I'll get back to you when I'm able to figure it out :smile:

Back
Top Bottom