Star Wars Spin off: Rogue One.

Users who are viewing this thread

And if nothing else, it's Star Wars, and Star Wars can't fail, right?  :iamamoron:

On the topic of incinerations: Disney did effectively re-canonise imperial development, use, and later stockpiling of disruptor weaponry, which, back in Legends seemed to leave similar...wounds...to what's seen at the farm.

Also: Yay, I just noticed Jhess' back!  :party:

Seff said:
They're trying to create some suspense around this new main character, and her fate. We'll see if that actually turns into something interesting.
First off, the main character (and her companions) will have to be any good. And so far, I've yet to be convinced that that will be the case.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Also: Yay, I just noticed Jhess' back!  :party:
:grin:

According to pagesix.com bosses at Disney weren't satisfied with the first cut,
so they've ordered 4 weeks of additional shooting to start in July.  :ohdear:

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/30/disney-execs-in-a-panic-over-upcoming-star-wars-film/
Disney source:
“The filmmaking team and the studio always anticipated additional shooting and second unit
work to make the film the absolute best it can be, and the actors were aware there would
be additional shooting. Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this
movie and we have a responsibility to the franchise and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can.”

‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.”

Adorno said:
What I read is it's a ****ty film and now they're desperately trying to save it.
4 weeks of re-shooting is a lot. Something has to be really wrong.
Well, let me put it this way: if Rogue One turns out to be good, it'll surprise me.

I could be wrong. Didn't think you'd rally up the entire team for additional shooting. But maybe it's common.
Many films are shot in just 3-4 months. So 1 month of additional shooting sounds to me like large chunks of footage has to be redone.

Not bad. "Tonally off"  :iamamoron:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-orders-reshoots-star-wars-898562
... execs screened the film and felt it was tonally off with what a “classic” Star Wars movie should feel like.
The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.
So a star... war movie?  :shifty:

The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.
Sounds like they're making it worse.

It also seems I was wrong and reshoots are common and part of contracts.
Reshoots or additional shooting are practically a given in this decade of tentpole comic book, fantasy and sci-fi moviemaking.
The films are massive productions, filled with so much green-screen and fit together in a way that, more often than not,
demands for shooting to fill in holes or clarify plots. Even acting deals have the shoots in mind when contracts call for “run of show” appearances,
which include not just shooting anytime during production but even during postproduction, say several agency sources.
Just sounds like bad procedure to me. Showing an almost finished product to some execs who then *****es and orders expensive reshoots.

I was going to be making quips about an inevitable director's cut before.
But oh, well...now I'm wondering if it was a gritfest before, or someone felt that there wasn't enough Force in the thing.

Back
Top Bottom