Star Wars Spin off: Rogue One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Headmaster said:
Scorpia said:
Some people even got upset when a certain clone died near the end of the show.
RIP in peace Fives :cry: 7

For sure, first few eps weren't that good.

I avoided that episode for so long. ******** Fox and his trigger finger. Couldn't he of just shot the leg or shoulder?

I even got sad when 99 died.

The skirmish on the Tantive IV at the beginning of A New Hope is what I always cite when people say Stormtroopers are always awful. 90% of the time against the heroes, yes, but when the plot demands it they're competent.

Well, if he's close enough, they may not have the manoeuvring space to actually train their guns on him properly.
And yes, when the target doesn't have plot armour, they tend to be kinda decent shots.
Not to mention that 70% of their combat appearances involved a little stint with a tracking device. See also: Uncle Owen, aunt Beru, Jawas.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Well, if he's close enough, they may not have the manoeuvring space to actually train their guns on him properly.
And yes, when the target doesn't have plot armour, they tend to be kinda decent shots.
Not to mention that 70% of their combat appearances involved a little stint with a tracking device. See also: Uncle Owen, aunt Beru, Jawas.
The stormtroopers were good shots, up until the Death Star for destroyed. They never had time to properly train soldiers so they just sent out people with basic training.

Hence how they got worse from when we first saw them in ANH.

Although, there is more than enough evidence that Boba Fett actually killed Owen and Beru. Considering he was the person that told Vader he had a son, on the old canon. "No incinerations."

The official explanation for stormtroopers being so **** in 4 was the stormtroopers that fought Han and Luke were sent defective blasters. Not a great excuse, but acceptable.

The Imperials planted a tracking device on the Falcon, so they could locate the Rebel base. Doesn't make much sense to shoot the people you need to pilot the ship back to the Rebel base. So the Stormtroopers were missing their targets on purpose. This is alluded to by Leia when they fight off the two TIE Fighters (as an explanation for why only two are sent to intercept them).

Though, feigned incompetence does seem to be a favoured Imperial tactic, so perhaps they went the full hog and sent in the soft-well-meaning* types that don't like killing people and have ****ty guns issued.

*There was a fan theory that a the missing was done intentionally because the guys being shot at weren't all uniformed faceless mooks like the Tantive's crew.
And...ya know...tracking.

Scorpia said:
Although, there is more than enough evidence that Boba Fett actually killed Owen and Beru. Considering he was the person that told Vader he had a son, on the old canon. "No incinerations."
Lolwat. Boba Fett was just one among many bounty hunters that Vader hired to in Episode V. He wasn't around before that. And don't give me any "proof" from some wank-fest EU book written by some 2-bit hack.

I'll probably go watch this, TFA was certainly good enough to rekindle my love for Star Wars.

Jhessail said:
Scorpia said:
Lolwat. Boba Fett was just one among many bounty hunters that Vader hired to in Episode V. He wasn't around before that. And don't give me any "proof" from some wank-fest EU book written by some 2-bit hack.

I'll probably go watch this, TFA was certainly good enough to rekindle my love for Star Wars.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2299242 or http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-reasons-boba-fett-killed-luke-skywalkers-aunt-and-uncle.php choose your pick.
It's a theory which I believe. Hes a bounty hunter, he would of done plenty of work for the Empire before. That article explains it.

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/06/04/darth-vader-learns-luke-is-his-son/ It was in the official (old) canon that Boba told him.

I hope Boba survived the pit, his armour was found in a Jawa Sandcrawler in "Aftermath."

Uh-huh. So as I said, Boba Fett was just one of many bounty hunters employed by the Empire, Darth Vader never in the movie acknowledges him as anything else than that. He tracked Millenium Falcon down, got his reward and ended up dying in a Sarlacc pit. Everything else is just a masturbatory fantasy conjured up by fanboys desperate for another cool villain.

Especially now that all of EU has been thrown under the bus.

It's a shame TFA did nothing good with Captain Phasma. She was easily taken out and was a big part in the destruction of Starkiller base. I don't think anyone will be able to take Boba's place. TR-8R is the only guy who came close.

Jhessail said:
Uh-huh. So as I said, Boba Fett was just one of many bounty hunters employed by the Empire, Darth Vader never in the movie acknowledges him as anything else than that. He tracked Millenium Falcon down, got his reward and ended up dying in a Sarlacc pit. Everything else is just a masturbatory fantasy conjured up by fanboys desperate for another cool villain.

Especially now that all of EU has been thrown under the bus.
If a better filmmaker had made these moves I'd believe the Boba killed Owen and Beru theory, but there's no way George Lucas would've put that in and never had the big reveal.

True.

Deleted scenes from ANH has Boba Fett in that movie though, so we know he was "invented" at that point.

Personally I'm of the opinion that Boba Fett didn't have anything to do with it. It's a huge universe, it can't be right that the same 20 people keep doing everything.

Agreed, it cheapens the whole experience for the short-lived pleasure of "wink wink nudge nudge" to some fans. Lucas made that mistake multiple times in the prequels. And that might actually be an issue here - I'm afraid this movie will be choking under all the OT references.

I'm afraid of that as well. The premise itself kind of kills the suspense, since we know they obtain the Death Star plans.

They're trying to create some suspense around this new main character, and her fate. We'll see if that actually turns into something interesting.

Back
Top Bottom