Star Wars, is it Awesome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Grocat

Sergeant Knight
So...this is the Star Wars thread for all of you Star Wars lovers/haters.  Go ahead, ***** about Star Wars, but be polite to everyone...unless you're cruelty is directed towards Lucas( George, that is), that's perfectly fine. 

Anyhow, I like Star Wars, ALL of Star Wars...all Five Episodes that were ever made.  I can't wait until they make a movie to fill in the gap between Episodes 1 and 3. 

-Grocat the Yodanic King of Dagobah

I liked the original ones best. Personally though, I've always preferred Star Trek. Star Wars is George Lucas's baby, essentially when he made the last (first) three episodes, he took a length of piano wire, tied it to the rafters of his ceiling and hung his baby from said rafters... and laughed.

I hope he doesn't do that to the new Indiana Jones though, Mr. Ford isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore.

*Shock and anger*  HE's directing the new Indiana Jones movie?  :sad:  I'm so sad now...

Star Trek is always fun, but it was also a TV show and has more to it.  But...you should make a Star Trek thread.  This one's for Star WARS!

-Grocat the Postulating food Paste

No, I'm not exactly sure he is-- though I would assume he is since it does belong to him. That IMDB thing or whatever it is on the internet should have basic information on it, like the director.

Actually, I think I will make a Star Trek thread, thanks for the idea Grocat. Also, I love your sign-off lines.

I like the original movies(though more out of nostalgia than deeming them to actually be "good" movies). Hate the new trilogy, with the exception of a few sequences here and there.

Ach...I can't stand the special edition versions of the original.  They some how take away the charm for me.  Besides, I can't help but brag, the originals(Un-edited) aren't going to be released by LucasFilms on DVD, but they WERE released on LaserDisc(You all remember LaserDisc right?  Great big goofy looking things).  My friend actually copied them off of the LaserDisc on to DVD's, so now I have the three original movies on DVD.  *Makes thrusting motion of extreme proportions*

Tharathos...yes.  You have hit upon the sad truth...the original three really aren't that great by today's standards.  Lucas has never been good with dialog, no matter what people say, and most of the classic stuff was improvised by Harrison Ford/Mark Hammil/Cary Fisher.  However, the original three will never stop being precious too me.  They were revolutionary films, possibly(I have a theory on that one) written by an inspired Lucas.  They also were far superior to the new ones.  That and I can watch The Empire Strikes Back over and over again, it was fricking awesome.

Sneakey...please...tell me it isn't so... :cry:...no...it can't be...No!  That's impossible!

-Grocat the Lactic Brain Actor

Do you not remember the LaserDiscs?  Maybe they were called something else.  They were huge things that looked like CD's but were bigger than old records.  Hideous really.

-Grocat the Bicameral Free Sampler

The original (series 4 5 and 6) where very rough and rigit in terms of models / graphics.. However they where actually intellectually interesting..
The latest (series 1 2 and 3) had pretty decent visual effects, but the storyline was dumbified and simplified till I nearly cried.. You knew who the sith lord was from the first time you saw the guy, and could practically predict the whole movie.. The part when Anakin turns to the dark side is, in my oppinion, the most pathetic / sensless / <insert comment here> . Its pretty much like he had a brain transplant by Jar Jar...

Having said that, the whole starwars series is a classic, which pretty much owned in my oppinion ::smile: Lightsabers pretty much make the movies glow in the dark - in a good way ::grin:

Grocat said:
Do you not remember the LaserDiscs?  Maybe they were called something else.  They were huge things that looked like CD's but were bigger than old records.  Hideous really.

-Grocat the Bicameral Free Sampler

Yes, I remember, and I also remember that the Quality OWNED VCD's big time. It was pretty much, or very nearly DVD quality.. You could see a major difference at the least.. I miss my LaserDisks ::sad: - then again I got all the movies on DVDs now so no big difference... (except that unless you buy a pirated DVD, you are ****ed with all the protection crap and locked warnings at start which you can't fast-forward) ::\

My big problem with the new ones is that they have no real comic relief.  Granted there was Jar Jar, but I think he was actually put in to enrage the audience.  I really got into the old movies because the script presented a serious story, but told it in such a way as to not bore the audience.  I think this came mostly from a lack of film technology of the times.  They had to shift the focus onto the story and acting instead of how many digital wookiees they could fit on the screen.

I too have heard of a planned Star Wars television show.  :cry:

The old movies was great, the new was not! Will there be ever again such good things? Who knows...

The Clone Wars Comic TV Show was funny btw. :razz:

I've never seen a single starwars movie, but all these little white guys commanded by a single black guy with Leonard Cohen's voice seems RACIST.

Actually, the sounds you hear in the space combat sequences are transmitted by comlinks and radiowaves.  It is very eeire to be in a space battle and see a ship explode in front of you in complete silence.  That's why a machine inside of every ship creates a noise to simulate the explosions/blaster firings/engine wailings/etc. that it detects.  Since all the ships use a universal sound code, what the movie audience hears are for all intents and purposes real.

-Grocat the Fantastic Bear Shuffler

I too prefer the originals, though I'm not a huge Star Wars fan.

I actually think it's the actors. The cast on the original 3 had a much greater chemistry (not to mention acting talent) than those in the recent piss poor excuses.

Back
Top Bottom