Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

The 2nd problem i noticed is lying siege on few planets where you have no ladders at all and just a little gate. Only few of your soldiers uses gate at all, while rest of them is trying to collide with wall(maybe they want to climb it or something) :razz: it's AI problem, i think. My solution will be creating similiar scene but with bigger "Hole" in the wall, Or with ladders. Is it painful? I think that it is, just because only 6-8 of my soldiers enter the fort with me while other ones have some tea-time under the wall. It's hard to win with so little support from your team.

For Mandalore!
*Cheetah's pawstep*

we are working on trying to fix some of the minor issues with entry points and other things.  But I don't want to do several small bug fixes, so we're trying to fix as much as we can and then I'll hopefully post something early next week.  Please continue to report any bugs or other issues, but please be specific on what planet it happened on or any other details.  For any crashes you see please check at the bottom of the rgl_log.txt in the root of the M&B folder for any error and post them here or in the external forum.

Moss did unique helmet view textures for every helmet, so I was working on adding those in this morning.  Here's a quick preview of the Black Sun, Eyepiece, Scout Trooper, Clone Trooper, and Imperial Gunner.

SmartCheetah - do you remember what planet the siege was on?

For the helmet views, keep in mind that the target reticule should be considered eye-level. The clone and scout views like they'd be a bit too high for where the player is focusing.

Also on the subject of these binocular/helmet overlays, is there any way to eliminate the fuzzy edges?

Also also, am I just fantastically unlucky, or are bowcasters nowhere to be found in shops anymore? Wookieeland needs weapons!

And yes, I too am having a pleasant time on the mod. I'm currently working for the Empire until I have enough funds to raise my personalised human faction (the security guys). I'll have to make some helmets for them before the next release.

this helmet Very nice
hey HkieBt i meet same bug with SmartCheetah
my army don't know go to the Gate
they run under wall
and be die by shot

Instead of making the whole helmet view transparent, in order to make things visible, i recommend "zooming in" on the texture. It would seem more realistic, since the wearer's head isn't so "deep" inside the helmet, so in real life, when you would wear one, you could only see it near the edges of your view.

The Happy Stormtrooper said:
For the helmet views, keep in mind that the target reticule should be considered eye-level. The clone and scout views like they'd be a bit too high for where the player is focusing.
You're probably right, I was a little rushed making them today, I'll play around with them for a bit on the weekend, I'll probably expand most of them and lower them a bit. I have tested most of them in game in firefights and they don't get in the road quite as much as I thought they would.

As to the fuzziness, that's very easy to get rid off, I mostly just put it in there because it doesn't look very good without it and because they look a little more convincing being a little out of focus. The binoculars is mostly just the low quality of the reference pick I used combined with the stretching.

If you'd like to see 'em in game, just send me an email (it's in my profile) and I'll email them back to you so you can play around with putting them in and tweaking the textures.

Moss is right they look pretty damn good in game but I agree we should zoom in on the helmet textures more and make sure they are centered, etc.  Once I get them all in game I'll send a beta out to the team, since I added every helmet to the players inventory so its easy to test them out, etc.

Quick one, this may be a one time thing, but i went to recruit units from mustafar (own alliance, clone culture) recruited a few, then i went and spoke to the planetary representative, and clicked on the recruiting question there by accident, and it said there were -1 troops available and promptly locked up when i clicked to continue, i just had to alt + f4, it may just be a one time thing, i dunno, i haven't tried it again yet :razz:

osdeath said:
Quick one, this may be a one time thing, but i went to recruit units from mustafar (own alliance, clone culture) recruited a few, then i went and spoke to the planetary representative, and clicked on the recruiting question there by accident, and it said there were -1 troops available and promptly locked up when i clicked to continue, i just had to alt + f4, it may just be a one time thing, i dunno, i haven't tried it again yet :razz:

Nah that happened to me. And I hadn't saved for a while, so it was my fault really :razz:

Hint: planets don't have a refund policy on recruits

K-64 said:
osdeath said:

Nah that happened to me. And I hadn't saved for a while, so it was my fault really :razz:

Hint: planets don't have a refund policy on recruits

hehe, i think i saved just before hand...i think.

also, it doesn't bug me that much, but has anyone else noticed that if you have say, a cloning chamber on a planet, and then recruit normal recruits from whatever culture you are, you can't then get any recruits from the cloning chamber? it would be nice if the recruiting number for the planetary recruits and the ones for buildings were separate, so i could then get say, 5 recruits from the planet and another 7 from the chambers

Bonus stuff - one more thing which you lied to us about :mad:

I'm not running in Bobba Fett's armor only because there can be only one Bobba Fett in Galaxy.
I like you guys more with each minute of playing this mod :wink:

Do not look here said:
I'm not running in Bobba Fett's armor only because there can be only one Bobba Fett in Galaxy.

Actually, a fair bit of people impersonated him. He killed most of them, but still...
:lol:

Is there any reason why certain clothing loses their model during play? Because all tunics have just disappeared, and I only see hands, feet and a head. It wouldn't bother me that much if bartenders didn't wear those damned things, so going into cantinas just completely breaks immersion now.

A very very minor issue with the Mon Cal troop tree: it goes officer->commander->captain. Last time I checked, commander was a higher rank than captain.

Lux, over and out.

Maybe its supposed to be Lt. Commander?

Captain differs in many cultures. But I think it is higher than commander...(can't remember due to the hydrocodone)

QuailLover said:
Maybe its supposed to be Lt. Commander?

Captain differs in many cultures. But I think it is higher than commander...(can't remember due to the hydrocodone)

In Naval ranks, it goes Lieutenant-Lt. Commander - Commander - Captain/Commodore. A Naval Captain is the equivalent of an army Colonel.

Have a look-see

It generally depends on whether or not the branch in question has boats/ships.

If not, then the Captain is just a high-ranking NCO, like most Armies.

If there are ships or.. whatever.. then a Captain is extremely high-ranking official because they're awarded their own ship.

Vector Dalon said:
NinjaKitty said:
Thank god, less vegetation on Yavin and Endor...

Now I don't have to be forced to fight on the ship when I'm near them both.

You get issues with Yavin?
YavinIV battle scene is mainly an open area only with a thin line of trees around the out skirts, that really shouldn't cause any performance issues.
How ever i have just gone through Endor and greatly lowered the amount of vegetation on all the Endor scenes, so there hopefully should be no more issues with them.

Really?

Well I don't think I ever fought on Yavin now...I know I tried a quick battle with the assault on the temple, and that lagged me, but I'm not too sure I ever fought in Conquest mode.

Also a little comment about some things...When you use the scope on a scoped rifle...the actual reticule is a little to the right of the center of the scope...Minor problem though...Not that problematic...

Also, since we're talking about improvements and the likes...Do you think one day we'll have sounds for the speeders like in the movies? Cause right now it's kinda silent.

Is it possible to add them, or does the game engine not support it?

Just wondering.

Just a quick question. How rare are the force trainers, cause im on day 200 and i havent seen one and ive seen almost ever other seller like 50 times.

Back
Top Bottom