Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad to help where I can.  Send a PM if you're within 50 miles of DC after that next release and if I can pull myself away from the mod I'll buy the drinks. :cool:

Blunt concussion rifle, especially with a better match between aim point and impact point, could end up being the greatest slaving tool evar. :twisted:

waraelm said:
hokiebts have you ever though about replacing the aiming circle  with a cross hair and getting reed of the aiming animation which happens everytime you shoot a gun. because i think by doing that it would be easier for people fire shoots quicker.
The crosshairs were modified a bit in the last release, and I'll see if I can try again, but my texturing skills aren't great so I'm not sure they can be improved much from the current version. Also, since the crosshair for pistols and muskets expand in size this makes it a little difficult too.  I can modify the animations a bit, I did switch the reload animation so it doesn't look as bad, and will check out if any other the others should be modified but overall I think the fire animation looks pretty decent.

awesome the main reason i mentioned it wasb beacuse 1866 mod seems to have it in there videos and i though it would go well with this mod beacuse its gun based pretty much. also any word from the person i pmed you about hokeibts??

This mod is the best! I just think that there should be less Jedi/Sith, Obi-Wan should be taken out, and the Empire should use more Storm Troopers. (Seriously only 20 per army?)

Also, try and fix the tournaments. They're pretty glitched. 

Boba_fett said:
This mod is the best! I just think that there should be less Jedi/Sith, Obi-Wan should be taken out, and the Empire should use more Storm Troopers. (Seriously only 20 per army?)

Also, try and fix the tournaments. They're pretty glitched. 

We have taken liberties with canon in order to create an experience people will enjoy.

Obviously, we can't please everyone - but we have included numbers of Jedi and Sith in order for people to play AS them, because it can be fun.

Also, Storm Troopers are one of the most used units in the Empire (at least, in my game they are) and we would like the Empire to use more than JUST Storm Troopers.

But we will definitely consider your suggestions, we always do. Thank you :smile:

there were special types of stormtroopers, ai for deserts and snow conditions, downloading now, cant play for tomorrow, looks bloody insane, but nothing wrong with that  :wink:

when its a bit battle on a ship, the enemy always bugger off behind a big wall and allied troops are too dumb to go round

ps: it's really annoying chasing speeders

Could you possibly change the ship battles? I would much rather be in some ship corridors rather than a giant open hanger.

tommylaw said:
when its a bit battle on a ship, the enemy always bugger off behind a big wall and allied troops are too dumb to go round

ps: it's really annoying chasing speeders

Could you possibly change the ship battles? I would much rather be in some ship corridors rather than a giant open hanger.

I've made a few varriations of new Hanger models now, so we actually have replaced the previous hanger model.
So in the next release (soon) there shouldn't be any more problems with AI running them selfs into dead ends ect.

(one of the new hangers)
ScreenShot030.png

I like that hanger, maybe there could be a corridor too, the same way the city sieges had different stages of the siege, the ship battles could have different stages if there are enough troops for a second round.  Fight your way out of the hanger and into the corridors as it were.

Also, does anyone else have problems recruiting troops from their 'villages' after they conquer them?  I just took Nal Hutta from the Hutts, and I can't recruit any troops from the attached villages.

tournaments will be fixed in the next release.  We're hopefully going to tweak the jedi/sith troop tree a little bit, make the rarer but more powerful.  The hangar Vector posted will replace the current ship hangar, but we intentionally made it open since the AI is very stupid and gets confused with hallways and narrow spaces.  Long term we hope to add multiple stages to capturing ships & planets but that won't be included in the next release.

Contrast is more important to perception than color, especially for the red/green colorblind.  The only objects I've had trouble with on the black background have been the black boots.  If you made them glossier like patent leather or raised the brightness on them, I'd be uniformly in favor of the black background instead of the grey, which I should think will be hard on imperial and civilain speeder bikes, grey boots, mandalorian deadeye boots, urban camo items, lightsaber shields, and all of the semi-transparent force items (shield, push, block, etc).  Of course I'm imagining and you're looking at actual screens, so take with a grain of salt.

yeah, Looking at it more, I'm not really a fan of the black or semi-transparent grey.  I think I like this better, what do you think?  I just need to remove the black background from the rest of the empty equipment slots.

Szabtom said:
Very, very, very cool mod. I am having a blast. And the number of guns, oh my!  :shock: Did I say it is really cool?
thanks very much!  these type of posts are nice to hear and help to keep us motivated.  :wink:  Next release should hopefully be out in a week or so and is primarily trying to work on the core of the mod by improving textures, adding models, fixing issues like the tournaments, an improved hangar, etc.

HokieBT said:
yeah, Looking at it more, I'm not really a fan of the black or semi-transparent grey.  I think I like this better, what do you think? 

Keep the opacity, but I'd go with a darker shade of grey.  Things like the double bladed lightsaber at top right of the store's inventory illustrate why.  A good heather grey like so many T shirts would contrast nicely with almost everything, I should think.

And I am also having an obscene amount of fun with this mod.

Any chance that the next release will be save compatible?  I'm marshalling my rebels for an assault on Coruscant and would like to continue that.

Back
Top Bottom