Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

HokieBT said:
Hank's raising some interesting points about the jedi/sith.  so what do people think, any votes?

1) should we use names like "Sith Acolyte" or "Dark Acolyte" ?
2) Jedi Councilor instead of Jedi Elder ?
3) what is the top rank in the troop tree?  We could either remove Jedi Grand Master and Dark Lord completely and only have 6 levels or I could just make them be like a level 50 troop so they would be almost impossible to achieve. 

Regardless what we decide the number of jedi/sith available in the next release will be reduced.

I actually REALLY like that idea (bolded), and it makes complete sense. If you CAN get a Jedi up to level 50, then yeah, he can be a Grand Master. If they're level 50 then that would appease my nerdyness.

But you know, you can keep it the way it is, that's ok - I'm just a very canon-oriented guy, and the only thing that majorly bugs me is the whole Sith/Dark thing. But I mean, if you guys want to keep it that way, that's cool by me.

I thought of a way to get Wampas to fit into the world. You put a large Cage object in the taverns, and make the wampas mercanarys. I'm not sure how you would do this, but if you could make it so Wampas only show up inside the caged area in the taverns, it would seem like you are purchasing a Wampa that is allready in captavity.

You don't need a new skeleton, just keep the humanoid shape, make large armor, (like with the Gamorian) and it will add a couple of inces to it's hight and width.

Hello, I just downloaded this mod a couple of days ago, and I have to say, it's quite nice, despote the rough edges, it seems to be coming along quite nicely. I have a couple of suggestions as well to improve it, but most of these have already been covered. I do think though, that as well as reducing the number of jedi in the game, lightsabers should be quite rare as well, and only acquired by killing another jedi (defeating a lord) or a special lightsaber quest, and definitely not sold in shops. I think for the most part ranged combat should be the norm, and it would be nice if cover could be provided, or even implemented, though that could be rather difficult concerning the AI. it would be nice though to be able to determine between attackers and defenders, and then the AI takes an appropriate response, though the scope of this will probably have to wait for an update. Anyways, sorry for writing such a long post, but I do enjoy the work you guys have done so far, and If you need any assistance feel free to ask.

Two items for your consideration.

a) Two handed light sabers should be faster than the 1/2h and one handed versions. Light sabers are generally a one hit kill anyway, so its almost a penalty to use a two handed saber.

b) I was recently thinking about the change of the spaceship battle scene that is upcoming, and got to thinking about how that kind of battle could connect to my earlier ship idea. I realize this would be a lot of coding, and not something you'd want to work on immediately, but I'd like to get the idea down somewhere before I forget it in a haze of marijuana smoke.

Basically, ship battles would have two stages. Stage 1 is in the hangar, battle as normal. Stage 2 would be a battle on the bridge. If you take the cargo bay and the bridge, there would be a base chance to "capture" the ship, in which case it would be available as an item to loot after the battle. Then you'd either have to be in a shuttle to take it, or trade it for your old ship. It'd be a fun way to get new ships, and it would allow you to give some of the "Lords" unique ships which would be nice uberloot.

It should even be possible to lower the chance of receiving the ship each time a heavy weapon is used, so when trying to take a ship you're rewarded for using "softer" tactics.

Anyway, the first thing is a simple fix, if you agree with me. The second is more a long term idea that I needed to put words to. You're doing great work, keep it up.

FYI - I coded a way for each faction to have their own map icon, so Vector is working on some new models, here are some star destroyers in the game.  I also tested changing the texture on the ship battlescene and trying to add some lights which made it much brighter so at the minimum I'll include this in the next release.

Only I can put a finger on now is the ocationally ctd's and ship battles:O

No matter how many times I press the stand here button there is always some stupid a¤# moth#¤f"!¤%# of a son of a b¤#%& that just charges:sad:

But beside that I think its a nice mod and I know its a Beta version so I dont want to complain about some other things that might just need a small fix:wink:

Keep up the good work:wink: greatest SW mod I've played :cool:

Ironmann - I don't think I have modified the AI at all, so troops charging or not following orders is probably an issue with the native game.  Otherwise, feel free to toss out suggestions, complains, issues, etc.  I'll try to add in what I can, but some of the more advanced stuff may have to wait till later.

lumikant - I never thought about making 2h lightsabers faster, so that probably does make sense since they aren't really 'heavy' like a normal 2h weapon.  So I'll probably reverse the 1h and 2h speed for all lightsabers.  Your ship idea sounds good, but would require some coding so would wait till later.  I should probably start trying to make a to-do list of some of the long term idea's....

I just remembered a site I used to use for references and textures when working for the original Star Wars mod: Cloud City Central Computer. It's apparently made for Star Wars roleplayers and I'm not sure about it's accuracy to canon, but it's got lots of useful information and reference pictures. Many of the current weapon textures are from there.

HokieBT: Maybe its time you try and get your own child board? A lot of this is difficult to keep track of all in one 58 page thread.

Also, from my girlfriend, as a stop gap measure with the in-ship battle scene, can you throw some piles of crates and such in there, just to break it up a bit?

I've also had the same problem as Ironman, where a few members of my force charge headlong at the enemy, viciously wielding their blaster.

Yes, i have the same issue as well, I tell my troops to hold position and 3-5 just charge out, this only seems to happen for a ship fight though.

I just tried this mod out, and i love it. THis is jsut pure genius. the map and the sounds and the weapons and combat is truely amazing. Great job and keep it up!

HokieBT said:
Ironmann - I don't think I have modified the AI at all, so troops charging or not following orders is probably an issue with the native game.  Otherwise, feel free to toss out suggestions, complains, issues, etc.  I'll try to add in what I can, but some of the more advanced stuff may have to wait till later.

lumikant - I never thought about making 2h light sabers faster, so that probably does make sense since they aren't really 'heavy' like a normal 2h weapon.  So I'll probably reverse the 1h and 2h speed for all lightsabers.  Your ship idea sounds good, but would require some coding so would wait till later.  I should probably start trying to make a to-do list of some of the long term idea's....

Or .. another suggestion, maybe just make the 2h and 1h light sabers the same speed. (is 2h slower now? didn't check). The advantage over using 2h i think would be that it has longer reach, which is very nice when mounted.

I would use a 2h over a 1h while mounted just for the longer reach even if the speed is same and dmg is the same.. (which would make sense! considering, if the lazer doesn't have mass to it, then there shouldn't be a reason to be able to swing faster or slower for the length.. endless making contact with something makes the difference. And a lazer is a lazer, I would think that the further away from the source the weaker the damage.... however due to moving much faster from the pivotal point, perhaps equals out to doing same damage 2h compared to 1h.)

Well, anyway, nice mod! i love it. I'm not a huge crazy maniac star wars fan or anything, so i don't have exact details on everything, but so far i love it.

thanks everybody for your positive comments they help keep me motivated.  :wink:    Next version should be improved too since I'm trying to incorporate as much of the feedback from the beta testing as I can.

vamperium said:
Yes, i have the same issue as well, I tell my troops to hold position and 3-5 just charge out, this only seems to happen for a ship fight though.

hmm, ship battle should be basically the exact same mission template as the ground battles except the speeders are removed.  Is it always mounted troops (ie. pilot, scout trooper, etc) that randomly charge?

I have no mounted troops, its just a random few. I've found that if I move a bit and throw out a few different commands, I can get them to come back.

edit: I also think a 2h lightsaber should be faster than a 1h, as you can use the leverage of both arms to move the blade quicker. And you can be shot with a blaster when you're using it.

HokieBT said:
hmm, ship battle should be basically the exact same mission template as the ground battles except the speeders are removed.  Is it always mounted troops (ie. pilot, scout trooper, etc) that randomly charge?

I find its usually the few Jedi or my companions I have that go running to their death.  Thats one of the reasons I haven't been training very many Jedi, just a few to keep to protect my troopers if the enemy gets close enough.  In the ship battle at least a few tend to go running and not return though. 

I notice in the outdoor maps that sometimes the mounted troops will run ahead even when I set "Follow me".  They usually return, but not until they make it a fair bit away.  I wonder if the same thing is happening with the ground troops, but since the ship map isn't that long, they don't execute the command to return until they are already in combat.

Hi, your mod looks cool. I have been waiting for a while to see it in the newer version of M&B.
I just download it but I'm having some problems to run it.
While processing the ini a window pops up sayin that "Can't open Commonres/ani_Walk_sideway" or something like that.
If anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it please post or send me a PM, I really don't know what to do.

I fnally got to play it, awesome mod just a few bugs/suggestion.

1. Explosives- They kill yourself

2. Commands- Some troops randomly don't listen to them. (usually 1-3)

3. Flame Gun- I don't like the sound, one it annoys my ears, two it doesn't sound flamish

4. Wookie Head- Could use some work :razz:

Other then that, best mod I have been playing for the last 4 hours since I have fixed my mod problem.

HokieBT said:
vamperium said:

I'll check, not sure right now, but I think i saw a sith go off one time, as well as my twi'lek dancers.

Back
Top Bottom