Stance system

Users who are viewing this thread

Alyss

Grandmaster Knight
I don't know why the stance system is still a thing, with the removal of block delay we made one step closer to a game with interesting melee combats, but I feel like the stance system ruins it for me. To be honest, I have no idea how this thing works, and I think that this is the problem. Some people tried to explain it to me, and tried showing it to me. The problem: every time they did it, there was a part of random. They'd do the same exact attack while moving the same way but: the animation was different, the speed was different, the arc swing was different. There is too much randomness in this, and it doesn't give any depth to melee, it just adds some rng (ye it's rng until someone actually manages to explain this thing to me because even the ones who played the game daily since EA can't explain it)

In addition, the stance system sometimes makes your blocks cancel or longer to execute. Honestly, if I have to move left to block left way faster, what's the point in having Blocking by Mouse Movement settings if you need to go left anyways. I believe it makes footwork dull and boring since everyone has to move the same way or s key to block consistently. I don't see why we should keep it, especially since it's probably the last obstacle (glitches and bugs asides) to have in-depth duels like we had on warband.

It seems to me that some of the game mechanics such as crush through and stances are meant to be RNG instead of taking the lesson from warband where you only died if you messed up or got overwhelmed.

It seems to me that some of the game mechanics such as crush through and stances are meant to be RNG instead of taking the lesson from warband where you only died if you messed up or got overwhelmed.
Or glanced ?

I say this with great trepidation and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a hunch the stance system is so deeply enmeshed into Bannerlord's engine that it may not be able to be removed or even made purely cosmetic without causing a chain reaction of other issues. ☠☠☠

I wish developers themselves made a proper informational video on stances with explained differences in attack parameters for each stance and attack direction combination. That way players give players comfort of knowing that the game is not actually random, but it's just that their brains are too slow for grasping implemented systems.

I wish developers themselves made a proper informational video on stances with explained differences in attack parameters for each stance and attack direction combination. That way players give players comfort of knowing that the game is not actually random, but it's just that their brains are too slow for grasping implemented systems.
I think they don’t know themselves how stances fully work...

if you are in left stance and block you get stunned longer as defender, otherwise it just works like the warband system just as a way to mirror it, which sounds good on paper (the stabs kinda need more range difference and speed difference to make it feelable; if they still want to go for it)

Back
Top Bottom