Racism as soon as I enter the game

Users who are viewing this thread

9nwx1ka.png

9Plsd1J.png

these are from a month ago, I wanted to play some Skimrish and got kicked twice, because I had a lag spike, I got kicked by all my teammates despite having one little lag spike, then the players proceeded to call me slurs and insults. Your game is falling apart and this community is doing its best to kill it too lmao

If only the TW team didn't invest all his money to being drunk, but instead in moderation, the chat of this game would become a peaceful place !

Cheers !

ahaaha what a looser got mad about a banter, grow some balls
Banter is joking around with your friends. I don't care about being called an n word, im white, I care when they get geniuenly angry at me for not playing well in one round and kick me out of the game several times and call me an "inmigrant"??? the worst part is that they were probably polish or somewhere in east europe... lmao. Growing balls won't make these players stop acting like children and kicking out their teammates out of the game for no reason, reporting them will do, and I didn't before because I didn't care about it the last time, now I found the screens and remembered to report this. Keep your children slurs to yourself, or write them all you want, I can always mute people, but don't kick me or teamkill me and mess with my experience for no reason

if you play bad and team loses because of you then kicking you gives your team a chance to comeback due to bonus gold. When you come back you take that chance away from them. Players should not be able to rejoin after everyone else in their team voted to kick them from the match

if you play bad and team loses because of you then kicking you gives your team a chance to comeback due to bonus gold. When you come back you take that chance away from them. Players should not be able to rejoin after everyone else in their team voted to kick them from the match
I can understand that, but the toxicity in the chat is definitely not needed.

-----

I am getting more and more into Bannerlord and I've been seeing crazy messages as well. The guy who said "grow some balls" didn't really say it the right way, but we are on the internet after all and there are always going to be toxic people skulking around. There can't be done much anything against it sadly. Happens in every game too.

Except it was only the first round, and I kept coming back because judging a player for underperforming in a single round is a deranged behaviour. They kept quiet and shutted up when I started to play better, and even better than them (and when I stated im european).
Also, the whole idea of matchmaking is putting players together of the same level, of course there are not enough players in the game for the MM to work correctly, but that also means that newbies will get kicked out just for trying to play the game.

The competitive scene is already dying, I dont know how being completely toxic and gatekeeping the gsme will help the community in any way

I can understand that, but the toxicity in the chat is definitely not needed.

-----

I am getting more and more into Bannerlord and I've been seeing crazy messages as well. The guy who said "grow some balls" didn't really say it the right way, but we are on the internet after all and there are always going to be toxic people skulking around. There can't be done much anything against it sadly. Happens in every game too.
Well the M&B community has always been plagued by very deranged individuals, more than in any other game I've played. Something tells me medieval games are always accompanied by a very conservative community, but it becomes a problem when they start acting like a group of gang rap**** and get together to ruin other people's experience. Again, I don't care about being called slurs, but ignoring the issue isnt exactly a solution either.

Lecturing people on how to behave like a normal human being is a good start, in fact these people with "big balls" suddenly behaved and kept quiet when I said I was going to take screens and post it. There are a lot of things to be done about it.

Just in case: i dont care about banter, i dont care about slurs, I think trolling and being dumb and having fun on TDM/Siege is part of the experience and I always love stupid moments, but its a very different thing to have fun and to be angry shouting the n word on voice chat like a psycho because your teammate died once during a lag spike

I agree with your perspective.

My parents often reminisce about the 70s and 80s, suggesting that those times offered a more appealing way of life compared to the present. While acknowledging that those times had their imperfections, one notable difference is the absence of devices enabling individuals to publicly insult, troll others, or just being a toxic individual on the internet in general. There are moments when I find myself yearning for these times where such digital negativity was non existing. While recognizing the positive advancements that have occurred, it's evident that progress has come at a price, with certain aspects of modern life taking a turn for the worse.

It has become remarkably easy for individuals to adopt a self-important behavior in contemporary times and freely express unfiltered opinions on the internet from behind the safety of a keyboard. After all, who can confront them? However, strip away those keyboards and smartphones, thrust them into face-to-face encounters in real life, and I assure you, they'll fall silent. The present generation seems to have lost the art of genuine conversation. Whether in train stations, buses, or any public setting, everyone is engrossed in their phones. Social decay has become conspicuous, with people seemingly incapable of engaging positively.

The common trend involves demeaning remarks and the pervasive spread of negativity. Sadly, tearing others down seems to be a source of gratification in today's society, a disheartening state of affairs. Regrettably, this trend has persisted for an extended period and is likely to endure as long as the internet and social media keep existing.

Except it was only the first round, and I kept coming back because judging a player for underperforming in a single round is a deranged behaviour. They kept quiet and shutted up when I started to play better, and even better than them (and when I stated im european).
Also, the whole idea of matchmaking is putting players together of the same level, of course there are not enough players in the game for the MM to work correctly, but that also means that newbies will get kicked out just for trying to play the game.

The competitive scene is already dying, I dont know how being completely toxic and gatekeeping the gsme will help the community in any way

current bnl has more teams than any tournament in at least 3 years, pe is flourishing and funneling players into competitive so what you're saying is false

gatekeeping the game is a valid concern, what I follow is to not flame noobs as long as they listen when you tell them to do something. It is ok to be bad at the game, it is not ok to be bad and refuse to listen to better players. Most commonly it boils down to the picking wrong classes/perks when losing so it's pretty basic stuff. Though recently I am too lazy to vote kick anyone even when being stomped

The problem is that multiplayer home page presents skirmish as the go-to multiplayer experience, even for the new players, which is very wrong. New players need to play on tdm, play on pe, find a community and then they should join competitive. If you follow that, you will find that there is barely any gatekeeping at all, there is a ton of experienced, high skill (relatively to a new player) communities that are actively looking for new players, most of them pe-oriented. The only problem is that so far we have only one such for native competitive - vw

Also, another problem and I guess it falls under gatekeeping, you need to be on bnl discord, pe discord and gotha matchmaking discord to be able to see whats up with bannerlord multiplayer recently. I think it would be great to have a preview of the most important bannerlord discords here on taleworlds forums or at least links to them in a visible spot

current bnl has more teams than any tournament in at least 3 years, pe is flourishing and funneling players into competitive so what you're saying is false

gatekeeping the game is a valid concern, what I follow is to not flame noobs as long as they listen when you tell them to do something. It is ok to be bad at the game, it is not ok to be bad and refuse to listen to better players. Most commonly it boils down to the picking wrong classes/perks when losing so it's pretty basic stuff. Though recently I am too lazy to vote kick anyone even when being stomped

The problem is that multiplayer home page presents skirmish as the go-to multiplayer experience, even for the new players, which is very wrong. New players need to play on tdm, play on pe, find a community and then they should join competitive. If you follow that, you will find that there is barely any gatekeeping at all, there is a ton of experienced, high skill (relatively to a new player) communities that are actively looking for new players, most of them pe-oriented. The only problem is that so far we have only one such for native competitive - vw

Also, another problem and I guess it falls under gatekeeping, you need to be on bnl discord, pe discord and gotha matchmaking discord to be able to see whats up with bannerlord multiplayer recently. I think it would be great to have a preview of the most important bannerlord discords here on taleworlds forums or at least links to them in a visible spot
Again, none of that was the case. These are not concerned players that want to make the game better and try to help at first glance. They were straight up aggressive wirh little to no motive and called me several slurs I get to get a reaction out of me or out of anger for them being bad at the game and blaming me for it, so i dont see any valid reason to defend or justify this behaviour.

And even if the community is alive I see little to no good reason to not punish this behaviour. Racists and aggresive players exist everywhere but when a closed community such as this doesnt deal with toxicity it ends up blowing in the face of everyone. Ive seen it happen and several times in M&B and literally most of the drama can be avoided if players like this learned to act like normal people

Last edited:
Again, none of that was the case. These are not concerned players that want to make the game better and try to help at first glance. They were straight up aggressive wirh little to no motive and called me several slurs I get to get a reaction out of me or out of anger for them being bad at the game and blaming me for it, so i dont see any valid reason to defend or justify this behaviour.

And even if the community is alive I see little to no good reason to not punish this behaviour. Racists and aggresive players exist everywhere but when a closed community such as this doesnt deal with toxicity it ends up blowing in the face of everyone. Ive seen it happen and several times in M&B and literally most of the drama can be avoided if players like this learned to act like normal people
i dont know why are you so angry when you can mute everyone and play, if everyone votes to kick you go play some tdm instead and come back later

i dont know why are you so angry when you can mute everyone and play, if everyone votes to kick you go play some tdm instead and come back later
I'm sorry, but that's incredibly petty argument. First you insist that he's supposed to listen his betters(?) and then he is supposed to mute everybody and be confused why he's kicked. Come on you can do better. And please let's not act that skirmish and especially matchmaking skirmish is some super tryhard competitive mode. It's simply just small scale battle with multiple spawns. You can tryhard it as much as you want but it always makes me chuckle when players are doing it in matchmaking.

I'm sorry, but that's incredibly petty argument. First you insist that he's supposed to listen his betters(?) and then he is supposed to mute everybody and be confused why he's kicked. Come on you can do better. And please let's not act that skirmish and especially matchmaking skirmish is some super tryhard competitive mode. It's simply just small scale battle with multiple spawns. You can tryhard it as much as you want but it always makes me chuckle when players are doing it in matchmaking.
just tryint to defend the indeffendable I guess haha "well bro if you get team killed just play something else" yeah ill play a better game with a better community I guess

yeah for competitive you need to be able to distinguish whether a person is giving you an instruction that you can follow or if their intention is to make you suffer because if you confuse these 2 then you will have a terrible time in competitive

and dont get me wrong, the guys in the screenshot deserve to be banned just for the fact that they are german but you also need to acknowledge that they try to divert their flame from calling you trash at the game to something more irrelevant, at least that's what I see in the chat you've posted, whole picture might be different

Back
Top Bottom