Spectator mode in Captain for Recording battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Spottswoode

Veteran
This would be a great feature for player made videos that would highlight tactics being used for new players to captain. It would allow for cinematic recordings that would look amazing and would probably help to promote the mode through YT etc. Especially now a lot of players are really using tactics and playing as a unit more often. Most recordings from captains perspective appear to the untrained eye to be messy and random. When a lot is going on behind the scenes.

We know captains mode would benefit massively from some high quality tutorials for new players because of the steep learning curve even for players coming from other more solo orientated mp modes or even single player.

Recording a battle and then being able to fly a cam through it (like in total war) would be even better. But I know the spectator cam already exists in other modes and exists for brief moments in captain (after warm-up, after you die and once all units on a team are dead except for 1 player who has quit and their troops are now on automatic.

There should atleast be a replay function so we dont have to worry about ghosting. I mean after the match is done you should be able to download a battle replay where you can fly around freely and even jump between player views and such. Would also be cool to have a speed option like 0.2 - 0.5 - 1 - 1.5 - 2 so you could record things in slowmotion with details and also be able to record in birds eye view in super speed. Would look cool in the beginning when looking from above to see both teams in speed.

Replay function is planned and on it's way at some point, and spectator camera is actually on their latest statement for multiplayer from September so I assume it's also not far away.

Replay function is planned and on it's way at some point, and spectator camera is actually on their latest statement for multiplayer from September so I assume it's also not far away.
Awesome to hear! Cant wait to create some vids with those features! Such a great game mode, really look forward to showing it off with epic replays

This is a planned feature, but I am overly eager to see it implemented. I hope it comes out soon as this would be great for showcasing matches to the community.

The simple version of the Observer Mode is close to completion. A more robust version is planned for the future as well.

Back
Top Bottom