Some thoughts on why i think bannerlord should become VR compatible

Users who are viewing this thread

I was just watching this and thinking how amazing it would be in VR:

There might not be a great demand for VR now but as headsets are becoming more affordable I think that will change soon. It's a potential way of attracting a wider audience to Bannerlord and buying the game. There already is an extremely popular sword wielding VR dueling game, people would be interested in a Bannerlord experience. The graphics of bannerlord aren't top-notch and they will only be seen as being worse as time goes on, but less demanding graphics means its easier to make it VR compatible and people aren't that bothered about the graphics if it's such an immersive experience. I think they would increase their longevity if they decided to do something like this.

There is 'tales of glory' but it has nothing on Bannerlord. Because all those things about formation, enjoyable ai dueling... are all missing. Given they have their own engine and all these assets why shouldn't they knock competition like this out of the park? There is already a first person mode... can that not facilitate VR?

I feel the only thing that you would really have to change is to add a 'free hand' wielding system for player avatars, using your shield, bow and riding a horse, (leave ai with their directional attack) and every other part of the game and it would be such an amazing VR experience. Multiplayer 'free hand' duels would also be amazing. You wouldn't necessarily have to change the physics, where there is impalement or something. Just keep the hit points system with a focus on deflecting attacks and it could still work in the same way.

Last edited:
i believe so too with the new oculus quest 2 and psvr2 this will be amazing the battle in bannerlord already has VR feeling it seem really compatible for VR technology though for now they should focus on finishing the game and all its feature but after that i believe they should really implement VR into the combat system

I don't know if a VR experience in Bannerlord is technically possible, but if it were possible, the jittering of the bots' capsule friction should have been fixed; it's already annoying in first person, I can't even imagine it in VR... just think about it and I get dizzy, nauseous and retchy ?.

giphy.gif

#fixjitteringnow! (source)

I don't know if a VR experience in Bannerlord is technically possible, but if it were possible, the jittering of the bots' capsule friction should have been fixed; it's already annoying in first person, I can't even imagine it in VR... just think about it and I get dizzy, nauseous and retchy ?.

giphy.gif

#fixjitteringnow! (source)
Yeah bannerlord would look like dog**** in vr

It's not exactly easy to begin with to make a game VR compatible if it wasn't designed with that in mind. And by that I don't mean that it can't be done technically, I mean that it's difficult to do it in a way that makes for a compelling experience (which is the whole point of VR).

Awesome, a recent post on this! (I just posted on a 1 year old VR one... oops lol)

As @Terco_Viejo above mentioned, and with more words, less smoke bomb...

Well... my point would be it IS awesome in VR for those that doubt it, and its already been made by a single indie Dev, see below!!
(PS: there is a free trial)

I think you're looking for this game:

recently updated with huge physics overhauls and feels great -- has a M&B campaign map (significantly reduced compared to the real thing of course, but it's there!) -- tons of quests/missions types, stealth mechanics, etc. Honestly closest & best thing you'll find for a VR M&B fix!!

ALSO: I should also mention TOG already has framework for MOD Support in place, full release and access to code coming (within the month?)

I would like for formally ask any Modders passing by the post, interested in VR and M&B modding alike, that there is a TON of potential for modding this game, and honestly the ONE developer can't do it alone -- we need your support to make it incredible!!

Heres the Nexus Mod Page for starters: https://www.nexusmods.com/talesofglory

Details and ability to chat with Dev (extremely responsive) here on discord:

Last edited:
Just try playing the game in first person and understand how much of a cluster **** that is, then consider what VR will be like the other 50% of the time when you're on the campaign map.

Overall doesn't sound like that great for an experience for the time it would take to develop.

Just try playing the game in first person and understand how much of a cluster **** that is, then consider what VR will be like the other 50% of the time when you're on the campaign map.

Overall doesn't sound like that great for an experience for the time it would take to develop.
TW seems to now care about surface-level optics over anything else, it wouldn't surprise me if they made Bannerlord in VR. It's more plausible that they'd do that instead of fixing sieges. It wouldn't matter how bad it was as long as it "broadened the horizons" of their customers.

Back
Top Bottom