Some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Heya!
Some questions I have we could discuss about :grin:

1. Will NPC Ladies and Lords / clans be able to create their own faction or be factionless?

2. Will new clans come into existence? If yes, how will that look like?

3. Is a bird's-eye view on the battlefield, controlling our troops and ourself, square selection of troops, commanding in a strategic manner considered or in progress?

Duchess_Lyceria said:
3. Is a bird's-eye view on the battlefield, controlling our troops and ourself in a strategic manner planned or considered? If not, might do a great mod...

This is Mount and Blade so I think it is not considered or planned.

Duchess_Lyceria said:
Heya!
Some questions I have we could discuss about :grin:

1. Will Ladies and Lords / clans be able to create their own faction or be factionless?

2. Will new clans come into existence? If yes, how will that look like?

3. Is a bird's-eye view on the battlefield, controlling our troops and ourself in a strategic manner considered or in progress? Square selection of troops, creating custom squads to command on the field etc.

You can create your own kingdom, but this feature will not be included when EA starts, they'll add it later

I'm sure NPC clans and kingdoms will be fixed, meaning no new clans will come into existence and no new kingdoms will be formed by NPCs.

To make this possible, a number of potential new clans and kingdoms would have to be prepared, with data of possible names, characters, clan emblems and so on. And there would have to be a lot of it, to make it sufficiently unpredictable within the sandbox to be interesting. I think the scenario of Calradia is too compact for this, and would be too strongly upset by grand events like this happening (at least to some extent) randomly. The game does include clans switching factions, which is already a tumultuous event that will make for some memorable moments.

Duchess_Lyceria said:
Bjorn The Hound said:
This is Mount and Blade so I think it is not considered or planned.
Odds might be that you are right, but I would bet that this game could pull it off very nicely...

Bird eyes view is not present intentionally because the developers want the player to be present in the battle instead of constantly being in the top down mode. It's an immersion thing.

Duchess_Lyceria said:
3. Is a bird's-eye view on the battlefield, controlling our troops and ourself, square selection of troops, creating custom squads to command in a strategic manner considered or in progress?

The only top down view that is confirmed so far is during siege preparation and after you unlock a perk in the 'tactics' skill tree which allow for field battle preparations. Other than that, you will most likely be able to create custom squads, but they will probably troop based as opposed to splitting an entire inf division in two or three. Personally, now I don't think it matters since the player feels like a god amoung men due to new mechanics and braindead AI, so not sure how needed tactics are going to be since formations seem to be a hindrance to AI.

Strategic manner in bannerlord is going to be more or less the same as modded warband mods, where encirclement doesn't mean jack all if you aren't killing anything. They have already confirmed in a dev blog that the AI won't use multiple formation for a single unit(i.e: AI won't split their infantry in two to perform flanking or encirclement) though I think there was an exception for cavalry. Because of that, as well as the fact that morale is only affected by the amount of death as opposed to circumstances(AI will only break if they are losing considerably, but won't budge if they are only slowly dying in an encirclement) which means that unless you outnumber their infantry by 2-1 then you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage by splitting into squads.

I like the idea of civil wars (rebellions which I'm sure is confirmed) but I think new clans and factions being able to be independently created is too far, and I think it'll be a little too complicated and could lead to literally any family just ****ing off lol. I think the civil war/rebellion is good enough, perhaps the ability to create warband kingdoms (swadia, rhodoks etc)

Captain Obvious said:
I like the idea of civil wars (rebellions which I'm sure is confirmed) but I think new clans and factions being able to be independently created is too far, and I think it'll be a little too complicated and could lead to literally any family just **** off lol. I think the civil war/rebellion is good enough, perhaps the ability to create warband kingdoms (swadia, rhodoks etc)

I like that. Maybe adding a script, where after x amount of in game years have passed, it checks if the Vlandian faction is a) still alive. If true, then checks if Vlandia has possession of BOTH Jaculan and Pravend. Once again if true, then Jaculan gets renamed to Jelkala, if Pravend is the same as Praven but just moved as a retcon, then Pravend to Praven, and I guess using coordinates everything south of the river of Ocs Hall and in Vlandia possesion is awarded to this new Rhodoks faction while Vlandia gets renamed to Swadia.

Ofc this would only work if Vlandia is still around by the time, but if we are assume this game can last many generations, it would be interesting to see how factions develop and are balanced so that they don't get completely overwhelmed and destroyed in the first few years of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom