Some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

edyzmedieval

Recruit
Now, the transition from da good ol .0750 to the new ol 0.894 has been made easily, and also very well. I was extremely impressed by the quality difference of these 2 releases, so I can safely say once again that the 2 licenses I bought were not money thrown away at all.  :wink:
This brings me to some questions regarding the new release.

1. How can you get missions from different lords? I am a Vaegir supporter, level 13 and with Renown of 70.
2. Why can't you talk now to Tavern Keepers?
3. Can you actually conquer a castle from a different faction?

Will come back with more.
Thanks for help.

1) You can't right now.  The only available missions are from merchants.
2) You can talk to them, they just have nothing to say.  If you want to hire men, talk to the armed and armored people that occasionally hang around the taverns
3) Yes. 

edyzmedieval said:
Now, the transition from da good ol .0750 to the new ol 0.894 has been made easily, and also very well. I was extremely impressed by the quality difference of these 2 releases
You missed a release mate :razz:

As an answer to 1, there are a lot of unfinished quests in the module system. For example, "kill_local_merchant", "bring_reinforcements_to_siege", and "bring_back_runaway_serfs" sound promising, and there's literally tens more. I get the feeling the next version will have a lot more quests.

Yeh, the one in between I did not bother too much with it, as I felt it did not have the added content necessary to keep my level 42 character going.

Cymro said:
As an answer to 1, there are a lot of unfinished quests in the module system. For example, "kill_local_merchant", "bring_reinforcements_to_siege", and "bring_back_runaway_serfs" sound promising, and there's literally tens more. I get the feeling the next version will have a lot more quests.

Indeed, I like the style of the new quests. They're more realistic, and some of them may even have actual outcomes that impact the war.

Just tell me one thing. Will it be possible to convert my current 0.894 character into the future versions of the game? In the past, you could have done it.
I hope yes this time. I have a level 17 and 32000 denars with me...

I'd imagine so, but it's not certain. It depends on the nature of the patch. If Armagan's just making the current version more playable, by adding more content like quests, etc. then you should be able to.

That said, I personally prefer to start from the beginning each time though. If there's new content, I'd want to experience it at a level when it will still be a challenge to my character.

Btw, you CAN talk to the tavern keepers when you have a delivery mission. You talk to the guy and you give them the goods. Small but, something is better than nothing.

edyzmedieval said:
Just tell me one thing. Will it be possible to convert my current 0.894 character into the future versions of the game? In the past, you could have done it.
I hope yes this time. I have a level 17 and 32000 denars with me...

If save games won't be compatible, apart from exporting a character there is nothing you can do.

I think you can work around it if you can't import an old character export file without it messing up the new version. You'd need to make sure you have a copy of your exported character prior to installing the new version, then after installing make a new character as normal but with a different name and export that. Then open up both documents and copy & paste the necessary bits of information from your old character onto the new one. That should make it possible to receive the same XP, level, stats, appearance, money, etc. from your old character to begin with without causing any bugs.

Damn ... i have 800 renown and 25000 honor but still i dont get any quests... i really hope that in the next version we can finish this war :smile:  btw i hate the capitols int the native mod... i cant siege them :smile:

Back
Top Bottom