Some questions I have

Users who are viewing this thread

Celticfury3

Regular
Alright so Ima make this as short as possible, the format will be a basic and direct question followed by a spoiler with more rambling and info. Obviously if you have an answer dont bother reading more of my jargon than is necessary.

1. Horns, is it possible to aquire one and do they have an affect on troops like the hornmen do?
Ive seen rumors of people saying that they have seen horns, but getting precise info on fringe topics for this game is very difficult, in part because of its major patching and of course the reforged edition, which changed a lot of stuff and thus the specifics of things like "can my character get a horn"

2. So I know there is info about this out there, but I have yet to see an admin or reliable source state what exactly the requirements are and what exactly the effects are of the various traits (Beserkr, Strong, Tough, and Inspiring... I think that's all of them) Any info on how to achieve and what they specifically do would be nice.
I recall in my first story line play through I had achieved a trait that made me bash my shield but I forgot it name and cannot recall any effect, also, which do you guys prefer for campaign effectiveness??

3. More on traits, there are more that can be acheived I am aware of that much, the special or minor traits I believe they are called, but again what are they, what do they do and how can one achieve them?

4. Troops, anyone know which Celtic culture has the best heavy assault infantry?
I can figure that the Britons have overall the better infantry, but is the true of sword wielding units? Are the 2H of Goideli and Pictish cultures too exposed for wall taking in seiges or are they just fine, basically just looking for a celtic troop that can take walls and work the flank on vikingr and anglo saxon shield walls. Gracias

5. What is the Elf's helm based off of?
Ive done alot of digging and cannot seem to get google to give me relevant search results on a kings stolen helmet in ancient britain..

6. Trade in Western half of map. What are the best trade routes and materials?
Ive had my fill of being a germanic (ew ew) aka viking (triple grody) in my storyline campaigns. The Frisia to Denmark, Denmark to Norway, Norway to Anglaland, and Angland back to start is a fantastic trade route to make about 10k-15k each run through, but are there any in Ireland/Cornubia/West Seaxe that are just as good that you can give me a tip on? I have yet to really play a lot in that part of the map and am about to start my exclusively Gaelic campaigns and I want a head start in KNAWLEDGE (and bookshelves ofc).

7. Are there any other ways to rank units up faster than the trainer at your refuge?
I don't necessarily mean with more spead, but simply alternatives to the refuge trainer. I actually enjoy to slow process of grinding down a large force of rabble to an elite force of experienced professional warriors, but is there any other way i.e. certain quests with huge exp dumps into party, certain bandits that are not OP and unstoppable but give decent exp for defeating etc.

I suppose that is it haha, thanks for any help in advance  :party: :party: :party:

If you fight an enemy army that has several horn-blowers you might be fortunate enough to find one among the loot. I don't know for sure but I believe it has the same effect as the rally cry that you get as a special trait for leadership (Inspiring), IE your troops fight harder, higher Damage per second for your army for a short period.

6. Not that I know of.

7. Yes, alter all companions to be high leveled at the beginning and give them all trainer skill. Note that is will require you to start a new campaign for your companions to refresh.

Jellyfish_sammich said:

If you fight an enemy army that has several horn-blowers you might be fortunate enough to find one among the loot. I don't know for sure but I believe it has the same effect as the rally cry that you get as a special trait for leadership (Inspiring), IE your troops fight harder, higher Damage per second for your army for a short period.

6. Not that I know of.

7. Yes, alter all companions to be high leveled at the beginning and give them all trainer skill. Note that is will require you to start a new campaign for your companions to refresh.

Thanks m8 :grin:

Celticfury3 said:
Alright so Ima make this as short as possible, the format will be a basic and direct question followed by a spoiler with more rambling and info. Obviously if you have an answer dont bother reading more of my jargon than is necessary.

1. Horns, is it possible to aquire one and do they have an affect on troops like the hornmen do?
Ive seen rumors of people saying that they have seen horns, but getting precise info on fringe topics for this game is very difficult, in part because of its major patching and of course the reforged edition, which changed a lot of stuff and thus the specifics of things like "can my character get a horn"

2. So I know there is info about this out there, but I have yet to see an admin or reliable source state what exactly the requirements are and what exactly the effects are of the various traits (Beserkr, Strong, Tough, and Inspiring... I think that's all of them) Any info on how to achieve and what they specifically do would be nice.
I recall in my first story line play through I had achieved a trait that made me bash my shield but I forgot it name and cannot recall any effect, also, which do you guys prefer for campaign effectiveness??

3. More on traits, there are more that can be acheived I am aware of that much, the special or minor traits I believe they are called, but again what are they, what do they do and how can one achieve them?

4. Troops, anyone know which Celtic culture has the best heavy assault infantry?
I can figure that the Britons have overall the better infantry, but is the true of sword wielding units? Are the 2H of Goideli and Pictish cultures too exposed for wall taking in seiges or are they just fine, basically just looking for a celtic troop that can take walls and work the flank on vikingr and anglo saxon shield walls. Gracias

5. What is the Elf's helm based off of?
Ive done alot of digging and cannot seem to get google to give me relevant search results on a kings stolen helmet in ancient britain..

6. Trade in Western half of map. What are the best trade routes and materials?
Ive had my fill of being a germanic (ew ew) aka viking (triple grody) in my storyline campaigns. The Frisia to Denmark, Denmark to Norway, Norway to Anglaland, and Angland back to start is a fantastic trade route to make about 10k-15k each run through, but are there any in Ireland/Cornubia/West Seaxe that are just as good that you can give me a tip on? I have yet to really play a lot in that part of the map and am about to start my exclusively Gaelic campaigns and I want a head start in KNAWLEDGE (and bookshelves ofc).

7. Are there any other ways to rank units up faster than the trainer at your refuge?
I don't necessarily mean with more spead, but simply alternatives to the refuge trainer. I actually enjoy to slow process of grinding down a large force of rabble to an elite force of experienced professional warriors, but is there any other way i.e. certain quests with huge exp dumps into party, certain bandits that are not OP and unstoppable but give decent exp for defeating etc.

I suppose that is it haha, thanks for any help in advance  :party: :party: :party:

1. Yes, it is possible get horns in game. Hormen have their own horns.
2 and 3. You have info in your ingame log.
4. You can check troop tree out (camp menu)  :grin:
5. We talked about this in other thread, right?  :mrgreen:
6. Some players did guides about trade: http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/594820656452864401/

Hi Celticfury3,

1-You indeed can get a horn ingame, it gives some "courage" to the troops, like the hornman.
2-Go to Notes->Game Concept->Traits and you will se each of the traits effects. The requirement is something is something we always wanted the player figure out... but I'm sure it was already said...somewhere... :razz:
3-This is again something that was already officially said is something players should find out hahahaha I can say there are some about Saint Valentine, some about Baco...
4-The stats of each unit can be seen in the Troop tree (Camp->Troop Tree).
5-https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353070.0.html
6-The economy has a dynamic cost calculation that make the prices go up and down while that product is produces and sold... so If you sell to much about a specific material it will start be less "profitable".
7- The units progression was designed to be a long process so armies don't consist on a bunch of super elite units. Trainers have a tier limit, once reached that you will have to train them "by hand". I'm afraid that's the fastest way.

1. Ok got it, that should be plenty difficult haha

2. & 3. Ok I was never aware until now admins wanted us to not know fully, now that makes sense why the in game info was so vague.

4. Right, as I am aware lol. What I am asking however is not a question of stats, but rather of specific troop tactics. You both know well that stats and level play on 50% of a units effectiveness in battle. Other things such as weapons, armor, shield (size and strength), helmets, what type of throwing weapon etc. come into play alot. For example I find spear men not ideal for taking castle walls, when breakable weapons is one the spears typically break fast, and most spear men(nearly all) only have a tiny ass seax as back up, plus they dont have proper space and formation to efffectively use their shields in a castle/town assault. But spear men typically have a good advantage over other troop types when on open ground. Furthermore, I mean to ask about the 3 different Celtic culture groups and which has the best assault infantry. The Irish have those 2h swords, but would that make them too exposed to arrow fire and javelins....etc. You see my question was directed to players with experience of such Celtic units (if there are any  :ohdear:) to give their opinion and their experience of said unit in an assault role.

5. Ok again, my question was never answered directly. I am just curious as to the historical reasoning or backstory of the helmet ( I am a huge history nerd) and was hoping you had an answer. SO far what you have told me is 1. Its pre-viking age 2. It belonged to a king and was stolen by the elf 3. It is based off of a Gotland helmet(would that make it post viking  :neutral:) So I wanted to know which king, and how exactly did it get there from a historical perspective. I asked but it went unanswered for a good bit so I asked here hoping someone else had an answer. If it is only for the hell of it fine, I am just wnating to know, because if it serves a historical purpose in the game, you've got my attention all the way haha

6. Ok yes I understand both of what you tell me. But what I was curious to know was whether there is a trade route that is good in the west part of the map. The east has the Frisia->Denmark->Norway->Northumbria. I have yet to find a forum or thread that discusses good trade in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall and other factions on the western side of the world map in game. I understnad the eco system, and have read extensively on the other routes, Im asking player with exp about any trade potential in the west.

7. Ok great, thanks

That was a lot, sorry about that but I want to understood when I say I am not asking a repeated question (at least that I could find, and I looked a lot). Not trying to troll, I tried the search function, I tried steam forums etc. I just came here hoping for questions I had not seen asked. If there is no answer or you are not allowed to give me the answer I want, that fine, but just let me know that or don't answer haha, assuming I didn't already look for the answer to my question is almost insulting  :cry: Thank you again both for your responses :smile: Sláinte!

Celticfury3 said:
6. Ok yes I understand both of what you tell me. But what I was curious to know was whether there is a trade route that is good in the west part of the map. The east has the Frisia->Denmark->Norway->Northumbria. I have yet to find a forum or thread that discusses good trade in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall and other factions on the western side of the world map in game. I understnad the eco system, and have read extensively on the other routes, Im asking player with exp about any trade potential in the west.

I've picked up that Temair loves its mead... or is it ale? Caieseal as well. If it's as profitable as wool and iron to Dorestad? Don't know.

edit:
Tomtum, Cirren Ceaster and Cippamham respectively. Demand for mead and honey over at the Eire, but not as juicy as Iron and godly Wool at Friese.
Pity really. I speculate this is historically correct, but gameplay wise leaves the (roleplaying) trader uninterested in the lopsided West. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

apostrophe said:
Celticfury3 said:

I've picked up that Temair loves its mead... or is it ale? Caieseal as well. If it's as profitable as wool and iron to Dorestad? Don't know.

edit:
Tomtum, Cirren Ceaster and Cippamham respectively. Demand for mead and honey over at the Eire, but not as juicy as Iron and godly Wool at Friese.
Pity really. I speculate this is historically correct, but gameplay wise leaves the (roleplaying) trader uninterested in the lopsided West. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Alright awesome! Much appreciated man :grin:

4. Based on my experience rather than stats (which forgets equipement quality) the elite brittonic infantry (t.4 and above) is now doing really well in battles, even against vikings. Although irish infantry is also amazing at skirmishing before melee which, by default, makes them great at assaulting. Depends on your playstyle but it seems you're more of an infantry flanker, so go for Uchelwrs and Teulus, they really kick ass. Picts have really weak early units (so many naked people with tiny shields...)

7. Epic/War trophies give experience to your troops as well so just keep engaging into pitched battles against lords and you will see nice upgrades coming up. Banking some of your most elite unit in refuges is also not too bad : yes you pay them for nothing for a long amount of time but this is better than loosing them in battles after having invested 2K in their upgrades. Once you start having 30 t.6 you can basically breach thru most walls in sieges (provided the odds are ok) and from there get to the next level of the game.

Other than that you just have to wait for lvl 19 in order to level up t.2 to t.3 and the best way to do that imo is to farm the 'destroy bandit lair' quest which gives 3000 XP upon completion.

Utfred said:
4. Based on my experience rather than stats (which forgets equipement quality) the elite brittonic infantry (t.4 and above) is now doing really well in battles, even against vikings. Although irish infantry is also amazing at skirmishing before melee which, by default, makes them great at assaulting. Depends on your playstyle but it seems you're more of an infantry flanker, so go for Uchelwrs and Teulus, they really kick ass. Picts have really weak early units (so many naked people with tiny shields...)

7. Epic/War trophies give experience to your troops as well so just keep engaging into pitched battles against lords and you will see nice upgrades coming up. Banking some of your most elite unit in refuges is also not too bad : yes you pay them for nothing for a long amount of time but this is better than loosing them in battles after having invested 2K in their upgrades. Once you start having 30 t.6 you can basically breach thru most walls in sieges (provided the odds are ok) and from there get to the next level of the game.

Other than that you just have to wait for lvl 19 in order to level up t.2 to t.3 and the best way to do that imo is to farm the 'destroy bandit lair' quest which gives 3000 XP upon completion.

Thank m8 much appreciated :grin:. How much experience do you have with Irish infantry and also how successful are the Brittonic infantry against Saxon infantry? (If you have experience with Briton troop you must have fought the Saxons on numerous occasions haha) Sláinte!

With Irish I've played at least two long campaigns on sandbox. They can be really nice when set on a slope with skirms flanking, managed to break shieldwalls before melee a few times that way. Only played one with Cornubia and it feels like the brits are on par with Saxons now [which feels a bit OP by the way, kinda like weaker britons before they represented a nice RP challenge for the player].

The composition of your army is really what matters against a saxon lord more than the fact that you come with britons on the field.

Utfred said:
With Irish I've played at least two long campaigns on sandbox. They can be really nice when set on a slope with skirms flanking, managed to break shieldwalls before melee a few times that way. Only played one with Cornubia and it feels like the brits are on par with Saxons now [which feels a bit OP by the way, kinda like weaker britons before they represented a nice RP challenge for the player].

The composition of your army is really what matters against a saxon lord more than the fact that you come with britons on the field.

Thanks mi amigo :smile:

Back
Top Bottom