(Solved) How to get Aserai Recruits/Mamelukes (Solved)

Users who are viewing this thread

So it seems like the Aserai Recruit units cannot be hired in any city or village meaning the player is unable to access the Aserai Cavalry & Heavy Infantry troops.

I've looked in the game files & found an easy solution to get them to appear in game.

First you need to go to Steam - steamapps - common - Mount & Blade II Bannerlord - Modules - SandBoxCore - "ModuleData".

Once in the ModuleData folder you need to open up the XML File named "spcultures".

Find the text that says - basic_troop="NPCCharacter.aserai_tribesman" - ( Can be found under Aserai Culture which is below the Empire culture)

Change it to - basic_troop="NPCCharacter.aserai_recruit"

Save your changes & enjoy your new Mameluke Soldiers :smile:

New game not required I've tested this on an old save & these units are appearing in-game.

Image of troops appearing in game -
oDMSC.jpg
I91-s.jpg

is this a bug? Ive been wondering where the hell the Mamelukes were and i hardly see other lords using them

Pretty sure it is, every other factions basic troop is their first tier recuits whereas with Aserai it was the second tier Tribesman which only gives access to half of their troop tree.

Pretty sure it is, every other factions basic troop is their first tier recuits whereas with Aserai it was the second tier Tribesman which only gives access to half of their troop tree.
LOL Damn not even the devs like the Aserai huh....no wonder why in my game they get crushed so easy

Thank you for finding this, I thought I was going crazy trying to figure out these troop trees! Hopefully once they see this they'll quickly fix in the next patch

As of 1.0.4 this is fixed, but editing the xml messed up my game real bad, did anyone encounter this issue ? Was forced to reinstall

The notes for 1.0.4 say this is fixed, but not only is it not fixed, now the manual fix of the xml crashes out the game on trying to load the map or start a new campaign.

The notes for 1.0.4 say this is fixed, but not only is it not fixed, now the manual fix of the xml crashes out the game on trying to load the map or start a new campaign.
You would probably have to start a new campaign for the Aserai Recruits to appear in-game.

As of 1.0.4 this is fixed, but editing the xml messed up my game real bad, did anyone encounter this issue ? Was forced to reinstall

Looks like 1.0.4 didn't change the Aserai basic troop (and also deleted my save games :grin:) but it's odd that the game is crashing when you try to manually edit the xml file.

I've just tried this myself first by editing it to have the basic troop set as Aserai Tribesman & started a new campaign, then re-edited basic troop to Aserai Recruit & started another new campaign. Both times the game loaded up and ran fine without any crashes on my end.

I suspect that you have a bad copy paste in your xml or something like that.
Mmmh I don't think it's that. Same happened to me and I didn't copypaste anything. Had the file backed up and still didn't work after replacing with backup. Deleted file, verified steam files, reacquired it, still had the same issue. Had to redownload the game and it worked just fine. Also, some crashes on load are!! due to graphic drivers issues (nvidia 1080 here), try reinstalling them first to see if it works, its faster to do.

Back
Top Bottom