SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Ha! If I was mean you would really know it! :grin:

The whole siege thing is something that we really want and do have plans for, it is just quite a big undertaking.

As for tourney bets... I have replied to that too many times now to be entirely diplomatic!

I am now into phase 'Discourage Repition', next phase....'Get Stabby!'

So when viewed with this hindsight you should feel very lucky out how 'nice' I am :grin:

If im not mistaken mods like 1257 AD and brytenwalda ( although not sure about this one since its been so long ) have gates that have to be broken in order to access the inner part of the castle/town. Personally id be satisfied with multiple ladders for castle or if they have siege towers make them so they arent already deployed (a nice touch i noticed from the original) most towns should get a siege tower and multiple layers would make things interesting (unlike native)

Really looking forward to seeing the new version whenever time will permit.

You cannot build your own forts and castles (like some mods) but there are somehting like 400 (it has been ages since we did the math) locations, the towns system will be different in the new version, and you will have a lot more flexibility and decision making around towns and their use.

Yeah it hass been a while since I played Bryt. too, the last time I saw it was that you had certain choices when sieging, before entering 'battle' like starving out, and raiding the land and you had to 'pre-assault' to place ladders or smash down the gate, and depending on the location (I think) it would load a specific scene.

The problem with multiple ladders which has been discussed a lot in various topics, is AI. It just doesn't know how to handle them, it doesn't climb them or defend them properly, so it opens up an exploit for the player, again also you would have to make all the scenes with multiple ladders which is again a massive undertaking.

We have discussed 'layered' sieges and it is something we also want (among other things) again though it requires massive scene work.

My hope and effort is spent on trying to et compy to focus on what he is best at, which is coding, so that we can have a new version that will hopefully attract a larger team that will then be able to support these kind of graphic heavy additions in the future. As far as I am aware, most of the large mods with lots of scenes and such have relatively large teams working on them (or at least different individuals focussing on different content), which is something that SoD:W desperately needs (Even SOD had a team in it's golden age).

Hopefully when compy can finally show what he is capable of (and the scope by which we seek to 'redefine' the game) that we will find new people who will be interested in coming on board to support the ongoing creation. Particularly things like graphics. 

can I suggest something again ?
I know that its one of the main attraction of the game ,
But , can U pls create an enable and disable button for the invasion of the legion empire ?
To be honest , I havent  experience it ever since I played ur mod . Or create an option , when will the invasion will happen .
E.g. When do U want the invasion to happen : 500 ingame days .

A part of me want to experience it , but a part of me doesnt .
Because , I panic .
I have alot of questions .
E.g. How strng are they ? What will they do ?
What do they want ?
Can they really conquer the whole land ? Am I capable to defend my kingdom against them ? Etc .

U can say Im weak . Its ok , I just want to play wise . Hahahaha .
But if U dont agree about the enable and disable button , can U atleast make my second suggest possible . Pls .

I know that its part of the main storyline of the mod , and its really important .
But a part of me do really want it to happen ,
But , I just lack some information about the invasion . ( honestly , all I know is that they will invade the whole land after one ingame year and thats all ) . I dont know kind of prepation should I do .

So pls . Dont be mad .
Im just a ramdom stupidheaded player who wants to play wisely .
And enjoy the mod to its fullest . Hahahaha .

If you improve relations with them that problem should be solved easily, iirc i was getting around 50 of different tier when my relation with the village was 100.

Yup, high relations with villages really pay off. There were some extra features for village relations that I didn't get to stick in the old build either. They'll be in the next one though.

Ideas:

Shield bash-Knock back ability

Town and village population culture. If you take new town you need to convert population to your culture. Otherwise they maybe rebel.

If you take town, town wont belong to you so easyly, you need to put on your own council to be sure your town keeps being loyal to you, otherwise they will go back to last lord they belonged.

maybe alot of new buildings.

option to massacre other villages population and dastroy buildings. And it will cost money to restore village. lord can assign Village guards for protection against bandits.  Just few ideas:smile:

I've been playing the mod and these are my suggestions :

1-Antarians too overpowered , their infantry are too strong -  two hand sword , very good armour and lack power of bow and crossbow make them death machines !!

I really love the imperial legion  :grin: and their roman-greek style so I just wanted to suggest some ideas for new units for the mod or for any creation of sub-mod (I'd do it myself if I could  :cry: )

Here some ideas :

- The Phalangite

Inspired by the soldiers of the Macedonian phalanx with very long spears (sarissa) and round shield with a greek style armour (not the armour in photos, also the armor of the imperial legion is Perfect !  )

8vyzdc.jpg

2myb7n7.jpg

- Change Crossbowmen with archers (more realistic, "Sagittarii")

-Some new helmet (greek style) example :

2a6760k.jpg

For the rest mod wonderful compliments  :grin: , I love being able to pit the Western medieval soldiers with oriental soldiers.

PS Sorry for my bad english  :cry:

xVanish69 said:
I've been playing the mod and these are my suggestions :

1-Antarians too overpowered , their infantry are too strong -  two hand sword , very good armour and lack power of bow and crossbow make them death machines !!

I really love the imperial legion  :grin: and their roman-greek style so I just wanted to suggest some ideas for new units for the mod or for any creation of sub-mod (I'd do it myself if I could  :cry: )

Here some ideas :

- The Phalangite

Inspired by the soldiers of the Macedonian phalanx with very long spears (sarissa) and round shield with a greek style armour (not the armour in photos, also the armor of the imperial legion is Perfect !  )

8vyzdc.jpg

2myb7n7.jpg

- Change Crossbowmen with archers (more realistic, "Sagittarii")

-Some new helmet (greek style) example :

2a6760k.jpg

For the rest mod wonderful compliments  :grin: , I love being able to pit the Western medieval soldiers with oriental soldiers.

PS Sorry for my bad english  :cry:
As far as i know, Computica is doing other type of modding stuff than faction and troop changes.

Also the 'Old Imperium' is now a somewhat obselete faction, as all that exists is a remnant of that now defeated empire, although we do intend people to have an oppurtunity to experience play with this faction, chances are any changes made to this faction now will be minor, we may or may not do something, but it is a very low priority as we are busy changing the the very essence of warband. "It's warband Jim, but not as we know it!"

LibSpit said:
Also the 'Old Imperium' is now a somewhat obselete faction, as all that exists is a remnant of that now defeated empire, although we do intend people to have an oppurtunity to experience play with this faction, chances are any changes made to this faction now will be minor, we may or may not do something, but it is a very low priority as we are busy changing the the very essence of warband. "It's warband Jim, but not as we know it!"
At least you can "lead" them to victory

The factions themselves will be completely dynamic upon new game creation. The outfitting of the troops and stats actually depends on culture type and technology. The culture will decide which equipment and benefits each troop can be outfitted with.

Back
Top Bottom