SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

No comment, and like i said court staff are hired by the miinister, read my help guide for info on each court member and when you can hire them.

The minister is found at your court, which is usually at the first town you captured, unless you moved it.

ok well the town would have to belong to me right. where in the town is he? Because in the castle i dont see a minister. And how would i appoint a companion to minister? (so i have so many questions -_-)

the minister will be in the castle of the first town/castle that you captured. Yes it needs to belong to you. He will be standing around somewhere in there.

You can replace him with a companion by talking to him.

I'm new to this SOD version but overall... It 's a great mod ... larger map, more kingdoms, real "RPG feel" with dialog. But I have something to ask:
1: I can recruit the merc from old SOD 's guild ( etc: black army; Serpent host ... ) from tavern. But I can't find their headquarter for hiring full party of soldier or signing contract with them. Is this a feature that only apply for old SOD?
2: Somehow I feel the the bandits in this version is rather weak. The bandits used to have about 100 troops per party and they spam a lot ( at the begining).... In this version I found that they just spam on small group and not very often.

The Merc guild feature has not been ported yet. It was planned for the 'next release' but then we changed the plan, and we are now building a much larger and different mod, that will be fundamentally different at it's core.

In the current version bandits 'scale' with the level of the player. so as you get stronger bandits will get progressively larger. Using cheats some players have discovered bandits growing to their thousands.

I commented on the moddb page for this, but I felt posting here would do no harm. I noticed a need for quests and characters. I am an aspiring writer, and can drum up characters and quests as well as dialogues if needed. I, however, am no programmer or coder, sadly.

Still waiting for this to be released! Been playing Perisno and ACOK lately to keep myself occupied but they are not as good (especially ACOK... wtf that's horrible. No idea why it's rated that high)

Anyway, once again I'd like to offer my help if there's anything I can do to assist releasing this even 1 hour sooner :razz:

I'd also like to suggest creating a Facebook page to reach you and us easier. I mean a Facebook page about SOD in general, if there isn't one yet (was not able to find it)

Merry Christmas everyone :smile:

LibSpit said:
Right now we are waiting for the latest source code to be released. (that accompanies the latest patches)

As this will provide a lot of new code functions.
Yup Lib is correct. To add to it, I've been out of work most of the year but now I have 2 really good jobs that I can work. This is good news though; I'll finally be able to build a new desktop computer and get rid of my failing laptop. Other then that I'm waiting for the source of the latest steam version to be released; after that expect more activity from me especially after the desktop I want to build is finished.

Hi guys, this time I came with question about music in SOD:Warlords. Where it comes from? Recently I watched a 'Bangkok Dangerous' movie and there was a very familiar soundtrack (Here is that soundtrack) and I must admit that it sounds very very similar to sound file called 'sod_warlords_town_5.ogg' in current version of SOD. I was pretty surprised when I compared both tracks. But returning to my question, do you guys create your own music or you just do have any clever way to gather some nice tracks from the web?

If I remember rightly from previous discussions, I think a lot of the music was from anime.

Try doing a search for Music on the board, there have been lots of discussions about this previously.

Can you guys imply a personal champion system. A personal champion is the warrior that will duel with you in the name of his lord. Many kings and generals in history have these guys in their army. These champions are armed to teeth, have the best armors, weapons and horse and their stats are sky-rocket! They can also join the usual battle and can be very dangerous to your units due to their power if let uncheck. They dont die, they just get knock out and can be ransomed by their lord. The players does not need these guys since they, themselves, are a kind of monster and they also have companions.

Back
Top Bottom