Small Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Tajulek said:
Whar about adding Kill the Captain's game mode? There will be two factions- Guards abd the Assasins. The first ones have to defend their captain (player or bot) for 2:00. What do you think about that?

Nice idea, but it would be tough to implement, who is captain and how he gets chosen to affect the game parameters etc

Sounds like a kind of Defend the Virgin but in AH :grin:

For the money spending issue:

A kind of tavern could be implemented like taking a beer and recovering some health for 100 gold (only for guards), whereas the market place and armory are only for assassins.

Limiting ammo. For example, assassins who chose daggers cannot pick any other weapon, forcing them to go refill, reduce bolts and cartridges ammo too.

Possibility of buying a horse for guards, to patrol outside the city (maybe this is too overpowered)
But I believe guard faction is too unpopular, adding something like this can make it entertaining, riding your horse in the city sorroundings.
You'd have to put something outside maps like the guard tavern, and the chest for assassins hidden there.
In other words, expand the gameplay beyond the city gates  :razz:

Lannistark said:

A kind of tavern could be implemented like taking a beer and recovering some health for 100 gold (only for guards), whereas the market place and armory are only for assassins.

Limiting ammo. For example, assassins who chose daggers cannot pick any other weapon, forcing them to go refill, reduce bolts and cartridges ammo too.

Possibility of buying a horse for guards, to patrol outside the city (maybe this is too overpowered)
But I believe guard faction is too unpopular, adding something like this can make it entertaining, riding your horse in the city sorroundings.
You'd have to put something outside maps like the guard tavern, and the chest for assassins hidden there.
The assasins would be all over that pub with the beer. Th ehorses arn't a bad idea but it would be too hard for people to ride through town with all the retarted bots.

2 plays on the 1 map, there is a team swap on the second play. Currently, guards are viewed as a lot less fun to play than assassins. This will solve the issue and be interesting as the losing team might try to emulate tactics learned from their loss. More teamwork as teams get better accustomed to each other.

jbebes said:
Lannistark said:

The assasins would be all over that pub with the beer. Th ehorses arn't a bad idea but it would be too hard for people to ride through town with all the retarted bots.

No, you got me wrong there. Only Guards can buy a jug, assassins of course can be there watching, it could make it veryy interesting.
The thing of the horses, yeah Patta would have to think of something, maybe limitting speed, oor, just to ride between city walls and outside areas. What I pretend to suggest is that map makers do something outside city, like a couple of routes, leading to a tavern, other to an oasis, not too far away from city, so walking it takes no more than 30 seconds.

I will tell Kekse about your Ideas.

bobthe8th said:
2 plays on the 1 map, there is a team swap on the second play. Currently, guards are viewed as a lot less fun to play than assassins. This will solve the issue and be interesting as the losing team might try to emulate tactics learned from their loss. More teamwork as teams get better accustomed to each other.
That exactly is the plan for the next update, together with some changes that make the mode focus more on the documents and not simply on kills.

Lannistark said:
As you said, that would be quite overpowered for the guards, due to the fact that assassins won't be ablt to block, and their short weapons and footwork cannot compete against horses.

Lannistark said:
So they'd rely on not getting spotted.
Indeed. This also means that if they want to kill a guard, and they miss, they're dead (it's almost impossible to hide again); unless of course if they're using ranged weapons...
They can also rely on roofs, although most of the current maps do not focus much on them.

Troubles said:
Lannistark said:
As you said, that would be quite overpowered for the guards, due to the fact that assassins won't be ablt to block, and their short weapons and footwork cannot compete against horses.
Not overpowered.. It's stupid. Assassins even with the little weapons they carry can probably KO a horse in two-three hits. The rider falls down and the assassin pounces on him. There is so much traffic on most maps that it will be hardly possible to gallop, and riding a horse is only going to make the assassins see you better.

I agree with Slytacular. The only advantage would possibly be that you sit on a higher point and can see things better. But nothing more. Also, you would be the perfect target for a crossbow bolt on a horse.

When you consider an idea, it's not that stupid anymore. It was just a suggestion, nothing more.

It's just to get the Guard faction to be more popular, besides, lower the speed of horse so it cannot even charge, just go  trotting, no galop.
If you stay hidden, why should it be op, lowering the health of the horse to two hits and dead, things like that can make it reasonable, although probably it's not worth to go through so much trouble to add horses.

Slytacular said:
Troubles said:
Lannistark said:
Not overpowered.. It's stupid. Assassins even with the little weapons they carry can probably KO a horse in two-three hits.
It's not about that...
Fights in this mod require footwork, the guards (if they have no shields) and the assassins keep trying to get the first hit. An experienced fighter on a horse can easily get the first hit (and thus, control the rest of the fight). This is my major concern.

If what Lannistark said above gets implemented: "just go trotting, no galop", then the mounted guards' overpowered advantage is no more.

In my Eyes they have no advantage. The horse would suck totally for a guard n the town. Normally, the advantages of Horses are:

- Faster speed (Not in this mod due to the townsmen)
- Higher sitting position -> better overwiev
- Horse is heavy and can charge with heavy damage (not in this mod because of low speed)
- Better usage of olearms/Lances (Not in this mod, couched lance for example would be impossible
- Ability to scout the enemy due to high speed and mobility (not in this mod)

So, what advantage would it have to sit on a horse as a guard? The only thing would be the better overwiev. But combine this with being a better target for ranged weapons and with the problems you have when the horse dies and you fall to ground. I would not spend any money for a horse as a guard.

No... Just don't. Guards don't need any fancy horses, and this mod isn't really about leaving the city now is it. It's about sneaky assassination in a rough crowd, not going to the far lands to buy horsies and lances.

Some suggestion to the mod:

Some of the assassin's armour (Peasant armour) has some weight on it but it has no defence bonus (0). So if i play as an assassin it would be better for me to wear farmer's gear instead of studded leather coat, robe or something like that because you will run faster than those

splofot said:
No... Just don't. Guards don't need any fancy horses, and this mod isn't really about leaving the city now is it. It's about sneaky assassination in a rough crowd, not going to the far lands to buy horsies and lances.

Actually if you pretend to emulate true assassin years in history, you need to expand beyond city, that is obvious. Wether Patta and the map makers agree on this is yet to be seen

Back
Top Bottom