Small Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

You say guards are stronger, they aren't. I get killed by a single sword attack while if I do the same to a Assassin they will live. Bit weird, you'd say Guards should have more health then Assassins and at the least similar damage.

Phalanx300 said:
You say guards are stronger, they aren't. I get killed by a single sword attack while if I do the same to a Assassin they will live. Bit weird, you'd say Guards should have more health then Assassins and at the least similar damage.

You're probably getting killed by daggers or axes, these weapons can kill in 1 hit.

Phalanx300 said:

Swords (either Guard Swords and Assassin Swords) should kill with two hits. The guard swords are longer and faster but do the same damage. And gaurds have more health and armor btw. But not really much more.

Yea, if he aims for the had. And that is fine for me. Another thing why he killed you could be the speed bonus maybe. But there are no other reasons why someone could be killing you with one hit from the sword. If you look at the axe, it is something else.

It would be cool to possibly get out of the city, thought I don't know that could be useful for.
For example outside the city you could place the Assassin Camp, and the chest to leave books. Only guards have keys of doors so they can open, however some secret passages Assassins may take to sneak out and in the city. Guards may have post towers to watch who tries to come in and out etc. That I would love to see

1.Is it possible to eliminate the falling damage for assassins player ? It's for giving them more advantages while running from guards.

2. This one is just a selfish request, but is it ok to change the guards' armour skins (just the look, not the armours' stat) to something that look more thick. For example, change the padded cloth to chainmail with surcoat or padded mail, change open faced helm to closed helm.

It just that it gives the better feeling when you trust your dagger in to those thick armour.... *droll*

3. Why do it always have to be one bot in assassin team ? That bot make it harder to have a chance to choose the assassin's side.
Despite that, guard's side always have less people than assassin. :sad:

Great mod, by the way. It's another mod that high ping player like me could have fun with it. (400+ pings with 16-19 kill in one match as a dagger assassin)  :lol:

MariusThePaladin said:
1.Is it possible to eliminate the falling damage for assassins player ? It's for giving them more advantages while running from guards.
can only be done globally for everyone but I don't like that Idea. We were discussing this in the team some time before.

2. This one is just a selfish request, but is it ok to change the guards' armour skins (just the look, not the armours' stat) to something that look more thick. For example, change the padded cloth to chainmail with surcoat or padded mail, change open faced helm to closed helm.
Well, you need to be able to see what faction the guards are. It would be possible, but as the armors are not that thick from the stats, I don't think it would be good. Also I don't think that a king or lord would spend a lot of money to give his town gaurds heavy armor.

It just that it gives the better feeling when you trust your dagger in to those thick armour.... *droll*

3. Why do it always have to be one bot in assassin team ? That bot make it harder to have a chance to choose the assassin's side.
Despite that, guard's side always have less people than assassin. :sad:
Yea, we need to make guards more attractive. But: The bot is added automatically when a bot (a town walker) in that team is killed. I can't do anything against it. And that bot does not change anything about auto balance limit and things like that, he does not even wander around.

Great mod, by the way. It's another mod that high ping player like me could have fun with it. (400+ pings with 16-19 kill in one match as a dagger assassin)  :lol:
That is probably why you have problems with drawing your weapons. You're from US or somewhere, not from EU?

As a fanatical RPer, I have a few implemential suggestions.
This is already done in PW, so you can just beg Vornne for the code, he might just share:grin:
1. The thing that allows you to see your teammates' names above their heads. Not the bot ones, but the actual players. So that guards can spot other guards faster when in a mob and also know who it is. And assassins are already facing quite a challenge when they try to coup cause they have to stand adjacent to each other to see the green name tag.
I must see what I can do about that, I have no real idea how to do this. I might ask Vornne

2. The thingy that allows you to see your teammates' classes. This is also in PW, if you go to your team's scoreboard, everyone's classes are written right after their names. Also, in PW you have the option of picking up armor from the dead max 30 sec after they died. I think this should be implemented mostly for the assassins so that they can dress as the dead people. Doesn't make sense, I know, but why not?
Same as for the first suggestion

3. Houses you can enter. In PW, when you stand in front of a door, most mapmakers have allowed you to pass it. You just get a yellow message and hold F (default use button) for a second. Once in the house, there are quite a few windows that you can use to snipe, or maybe you just wanted to hide from that mob for a second, or even set up an ambush for the guard who thinks your in here alone.
There are some problems with that. First thing: That can only be used by one guy at a time. So you could just wait at the entrance (in the house) with a dagger and stab everyone who enters as the guards can no longer outnumber you. Second is that Warband does not really have many good interior scene props to use, especially not those that fit directly into the houses (In Warband, the interiors are not included in the Houses)

Also maybe it would make sense if townfolk would run away, when guards face the assassins? I mean I know killing on the streets was pretty normal and still is, but seems odd that the just keep on walking next to you without giving half a' shhhhhh.
Well, that would give many problems. For example a guard could simply start hitting a townsman and all townsmen around him would urn away. So if there was an assassin player, he would need to run too or he qould be caught. And if he runs away, he is forced to maybe go away from the chests where he needs to steal a book from.

Increasing the spawning time by 5 more seconds.
People usually respawn close to wherer they got killed, which either leads to:
1- Killing the one who killed them.
2- Getting killed again, because the attacker will guess that the spawning agent is the player he just killed.

Maybe a random respawn time between ca 8 and 25 seconds? Cause if it's one certain amount of time, you just start counting from the  moment someone dies and look for respawners.

Also should I write a guide?

Foopaux said:
As I said earlier, game modes guide, and strategy guide threads would be most welcome.
There was something I forgot, I knew it. Will do that today.

splofot said:
Maybe a random respawn time between ca 8 and 25 seconds? Cause if it's one certain amount of time, you just start counting from the  moment someone dies and look for respawners.

Also should I write a guide?
Random Spawn time would not be that good, and 25 seconds especially would be too much.

Whar about adding Kill the Captain's game mode? There will be two factions- Guards abd the Assasins. The first ones have to defend their captain (player or bot) for 2:00. What do you think about that?

Back
Top Bottom