Small Suggestions

Currently viewing this thread:

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Is your blade not sharp enough to backstab that bloody town guard? Give us your suggestions for the mod here! If it is a really big thing, open a new topic please.
 

ManOfWar

Sergeant at Arms
I understand what your trying to get at with not being able to manual block

But more times than not, The one guy fails to 1 shot the person he is attacking and then it evolves into a fight of back pedaling and circle maneuvering

What are your thoughts?
 

IT_Fox

Knight
WB
If you could block, all would be just a matter of skill. We want that you kill someone because you act like an assassin, not because you are good at blocking. Unfortunately sometimes its like you described, but what to do to fix this problem?
 

Lannistark

Sergeant
WB
IT_Fox said:
If you could block, all would be just a matter of skill. We want that you kill someone because you act like an assassin, not because you are good at blocking.

Ye, agreed. That brings an inmense role-play to the game. Being able to block would be nice, but the idea is the backstab one hit kill, as Fox said :grin:
 

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Simply take a guard with shield. The All-around protector that only protects your front side :razz:
 

jbebes

Well this may be big or not, but it just seems to be assasins running around killing each other, i think it would be more fun (for some) if you would have the assasins run around killing each other and then a "guard" or detective faction that can only kill assasins (kill another detective counts as teamkill) and is hidden. now having the separate factions, i  think it would be cool (to some) for the assasins t jump higher and jump longer and be a little more stealthy.
whats your guys opinion on this?
 

dude24oak

Sergeant at Arms
WBNWVC
jbebes said:
Well this may be big or not, but it just seems to be assasins running around killing each other, i think it would be more fun (for some) if you would have the assasins run around killing each other and then a "guard" or detective faction that can only kill assasins (kill another detective counts as teamkill) and is hidden. now having the separate factions, i  think it would be cool (to some) for the assasins t jump higher and jump longer and be a little more stealthy.
whats your guys opinion on this?
Please, yes.
 

ManOfWar

Sergeant at Arms
jbebes said:
Well this may be big or not, but it just seems to be assasins running around killing each other, i think it would be more fun (for some) if you would have the assasins run around killing each other and then a "guard" or detective faction that can only kill assasins (kill another detective counts as teamkill) and is hidden. now having the separate factions, i  think it would be cool (to some) for the assasins t jump higher and jump longer and be a little more stealthy.
whats your guys opinion on this?

+1

 
Yes, right now the only advantage to stealth is the ability to strike first. I doubt it'll be easy if possible at all to make the AI guards be guards, but it would be awesome.
 

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
It is really hard to do and would require to doulbe the amount of scripts in here, And I must admit that I don't have the skills to do that atm :wink:

For the higher jump: That is not possible, as far as I know. And the assassins are already faster than the guards.
assasins running around killing each other
Well, that is what we wanted to make, in first terms. I did not plan to do anything more than version 1.0 was at first :wink:
 

Lannistark

Sergeant
WB
Please do the following thing I suggest in next version:

Ability to take smither's identities. So when a smith starts moving around the city, you can kill him (without giving you a penalty) , then take the smith's clothes and make everyone think you are him. Imagine hidden assassins acting as smithers that would be so prooooo. That's simple yet awesome if you could do it, at least for me  :wink:
 

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Should not be that hard. Maybe I can make it that you can steal the look of those you killed or something. I will see.
 

ManOfWar

Sergeant at Arms
Patta said:
Should not be that hard. Maybe I can make it that you can steal the look of those you killed or something. I will see.

PW mod allows you to take the armor of fallen opponents, maybe Vorne could give you some code?
 

Specialist

Master Knight
WB
I'd have to suggest rebalance. As of now the weapons are really unbalanced.... I got on a server and grabbed a mace, which was right around a quarter of what the sword or axe was, which was half of what the daggers were. Lol

It was odd to have people with a beastly morningstar not being able to one-hit-kill. Regardless, I'd like to see more assassin type weapons as well. Like really small, sharp daggers that are near invisible while moving or in-hand, making it VERY hard to spot, very powerful, but also hard to attack with.

(Also a small bug: I made a server and killed 15 bots and then got booted. o_O)
 

ManOfWar

Sergeant at Arms
Specialist said:
I'd have to suggest rebalance. As of now the weapons are really unbalanced.... I got on a server and grabbed a mace, which was right around a quarter of what the sword or axe was, which was half of what the daggers were. Lol

It was odd to have people with a beastly morningstar not being able to one-hit-kill. Regardless, I'd like to see more assassin type weapons as well. Like really small, sharp daggers that are near invisible while moving or in-hand, making it VERY hard to spot, very powerful, but also hard to attack with.

(Also a small bug: I made a server and killed 15 bots and then got booted. o_O)

That is suppost to happen... This guy was just doing bad, the weapons are fine

also devs, could you give me something else to spend my gold on?

Last map I played I accumulated 12500 gold, and I just did not know what to do with it
 

Specialist

Master Knight
WB
Not the server you were on bub. The server me and some friends started....

We started playing around, and people my skill level (in other words, sucky as stealth fighters) were having the same issues. It was one hit kill for axes and 3 hit kills for the morningstar... Not to mention the other weapons
 

Asadron

Sergeant at Arms
WBNW
I think the weapons should be more deadly. Besides, what assassin would risk simply wounding their target and risking discovery? Also the backstabbing often results in circling in pedaling, which is sorta lame.
 

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Specialist said:
Not the server you were on bub. The server me and some friends started....

We started playing around, and people my skill level (in other words, sucky as stealth fighters) were having the same issues. It was one hit kill for axes and 3 hit kills for the morningstar... Not to mention the other weapons
<if that was a local server, I would not recommend hosting them as the game does not work that good on a local server. For the weapons: If we made every weapon a one hit kill, some weapons would get underused.

But let me explain directly:
Pistol - onehit (does 165 damage)
crossbow - onehit with headshot (and has long range)
throwing dagger - one hit with thrusting in meele mode, also mostly a one hit when throwing
sword - one or two hit, one hit when aimed to the head.
axe - one hit, but slow, so best weapon to use for backstabbing when taking the assassin with sword/axe
mace - two to three hits, mostly two. But: It knocks enemies down, and that is the time where you can bring on at least one hit, if not even two. It requires a bit luck, though.
broken dagger - really no damage :razz: But that's what it is intended to. As a ranged weapon fighter, you should not be good in meele. And you could just pickup a weapon from someone you killed.

ManOfWar said:
Specialist said:
I'd have to suggest rebalance. As of now the weapons are really unbalanced.... I got on a server and grabbed a mace, which was right around a quarter of what the sword or axe was, which was half of what the daggers were. Lol

It was odd to have people with a beastly morningstar not being able to one-hit-kill. Regardless, I'd like to see more assassin type weapons as well. Like really small, sharp daggers that are near invisible while moving or in-hand, making it VERY hard to spot, very powerful, but also hard to attack with.

(Also a small bug: I made a server and killed 15 bots and then got booted. o_O)

That is suppost to happen... This guy was just doing bad, the weapons are fine

also devs, could you give me something else to spend my gold on?

Last map I played I accumulated 12500 gold, and I just did not know what to do with it
We will think of more things you need gold for, maybe we will bring in poison and things like that. We will see. At first I need to make a poison code...

Asadron said:
I think the weapons should be more deadly. Besides, what assassin would risk simply wounding their target and risking discovery? Also the backstabbing often results in circling in pedaling, which is sorta lame.

That is why every class, except from maybe the mace class, has a one hit weapon. I was thinking of putting the mace to the sword/axe class too, but I think it would be too much.
 

Lannistark

Sergeant
WB
ManOfWar said:
Patta said:
Should not be that hard. Maybe I can make it that you can steal the look of those you killed or something. I will see.

PW mod allows you to take the armor of fallen opponents, maybe Vorne could give you some code?

Hmm but not that kind of code, it must be sometihng much more simple, kill, press a key and thats it. No bringing up a menu etc


For the money thing, maybe pay for reducing notoriety? Like in Assassin's Creed, with heraldries. For example, if you kill too many people, in little time, you are visible or cannot change armor, something like that. Until you pay to a heraldry 500 gold and he leaves you again or something like that. It could make it fun too
 
Top Bottom