Small Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Different suggestions, tipps and misc...

1. You can't drag dead bodies (especially Smith& Merchants) - so it don't make sense to kill one of them and take their place. I mean it's pretty obvious you're not a bot if you're standing over a corpse, especially if you're dressed like him :b

2. Why don't guards weapons dissapear when sheated? I think it's pretty unfair, cause Assassins can hide in any crowd where guards can't... also (read next one)

3. Assassins see everyones names (except for enemy faction; by which I mean the guards), which makes it super easy to pick up guards disguised as peasants (more to that later). How come guards can only see fellow guards names? I think that makes the game a little bit unbalanced.

4. I think the Pistol is Overpowered! It can kill everyone in 1 shot, you can reload it while running, it dissapears when you sheat it, it reloads and aims fairly fast, got a fair amount of ammo, you don't get your hands bloody... I think Pistol isn't neccesary in this mod, sorry guys :b
4.1 If you intend to keep the Pistol, why don't you give it to the guards as well? Guards can only pick them up if dropped by a dead Assassin.

5. Any Assassin can outrun a guard, except if he's carrying a 2 handed weapon and 3 books, which makes it almost impossible for guards to catch Assassins...

6. Can you make like some force-switch for players to switch teams each map? Around 75% (that's an approcimate estimate, may be even higher) of players stay spectator until they can join the Assassins... and c'mon guys, it's fun playing Guard one round or even two in a row, but I don't want to play Guard all the time... really....

That was it :b
Wenn ihr eine Deutsche Übersetzung von dem Zeug wollt empfehle ich euch GoogleTranslate oder so; oder fragt wenn ihr mich Ingame seht (Act4)...
Serz...

Gute Mod Patte! :grin:

Hello , Please can you , on the next mod do an automatic installation ( like russia 3 ) because for some guys ( like RNGD_Peter ) it's very hard to instal it. Thanks :lol: !

Rallix said:
I suggest having multiple Guard bots, for each culture.
I stand out as a guard since I look nothing like the actual ones on the map. But then again, I only started playing this mod, and don't know the ramifications of this. WHY AM I BLOCKED FROM JOINING THE POPULATED SERVER?!

You are not blocked, there is one reserved slot for admins and so on. That's intended. And for the multi-culture-bots: We will think about it.

hatimkh said:
Add the weapons to the equipment screen, so we can choose the order we unsheathe weapons in. As a pistol assassin you would usually want to take the pistol out first, not the brokendagger and as a sword/axe you might want the axe first because its more likely to 1hit. You might think this is a minor problem and not worth changing but unsheathing makes a sound and reveals that you're an assassin, this mod is all about stealth so the time it takes to switch weapons twice will often get you killed.

Then you would have assassins with two pistols and things like that. We once had it this way, but It was abused too often so we decided to simply give out the equipment in the script. And: You can use the numpad for drawing a weapon.

eloh1m said:
Different suggestions, tipps and misc...

1. You can't drag dead bodies (especially Smith& Merchants) - so it don't make sense to kill one of them and take their place. I mean it's pretty obvious you're not a bot if you're standing over a corpse, especially if you're dressed like him :b

Therefore, merchants do move :wink: For the smith we have to think about something, yea. But dragging a corpse is not possible in Warband I think.

2. Why don't guards weapons dissapear when sheated? I think it's pretty unfair, cause Assassins can hide in any crowd where guards can't... also (read next one)
Because they are guards and their weapons are much better than assassin weapons. They are supposed to be recognised as a guard.

3. Assassins see everyones names (except for enemy faction; by which I mean the guards), which makes it super easy to pick up guards disguised as peasants (more to that later). How come guards can only see fellow guards names? I think that makes the game a little bit unbalanced.
That's exactly to prevent this, as we don't want people to disguise when they are guards. I will release a server side fix soon that does not allow guards to change armor/helmet any longer.

4. I think the Pistol is Overpowered! It can kill everyone in 1 shot, you can reload it while running, it dissapears when you sheat it, it reloads and aims fairly fast, got a fair amount of ammo, you don't get your hands bloody... I think Pistol isn't neccesary in this mod, sorry guys :b
The pistols is working very good, as you can't do anything in meele really with it and it is very inaccurate so you need to be close when shooting. Also, you are slower when you reload.

4.1 If you intend to keep the Pistol, why don't you give it to the guards as well? Guards can only pick them up if dropped by a dead Assassin.
because guards have other weapons that are good and a guard with a pistol looks bad, if we decide to add a firearm to them it would be an arquebuse or something.

5. Any Assassin can outrun a guard, except if he's carrying a 2 handed weapon and 3 books, which makes it almost impossible for guards to catch Assassins...
Books will be made much heavier server side soon. And without books it is good that you run faster as in an open combat you would havbe no chance. That is pretty fair.

6. Can you make like some force-switch for players to switch teams each map? Around 75% (that's an approcimate estimate, may be even higher) of players stay spectator until they can join the Assassins... and c'mon guys, it's fun playing Guard one round or even two in a row, but I don't want to play Guard all the time... really....
Could be done I think, yea. But I don't see a reason for that. We will take a look at the situation you showed and decide then. I had the feeling that many people wanted to play guard :wink:

That was it :b
Wenn ihr eine Deutsche Übersetzung von dem Zeug wollt empfehle ich euch GoogleTranslate oder so; oder fragt wenn ihr mich Ingame seht (Act4)...
Serz...

Gute Mod Patte! :grin:
Patta :wink: Aber danke.

Tobi said:
Hello , Please can you , on the next mod do an automatic installation ( like russia 3 ) because for some guys ( like RNGD_Peter ) it's very hard to instal it. Thanks :lol: !

I think that would be really too much for a 2.6 mb mod and everyone should be able to simply extract a .rar/.zip folder. You don't really need to do anything more. But we will see.

Great mod ! I really like it.
I´m sure other people would disagree with me on this suggestion now, but how about disabling 3rd person view mode ?
It would be much more challenging if all players were only to use 1st person mode.
What do you guys think of that ?

Renaud de Châtillon said:
Great mod ! I really like it.
I´m sure other people would disagree with me on this suggestion now, but how about disabling 3rd person view mode ?
It would be much more challenging if all players were only to use 1st person mode.
What do you guys think of that ?

I really like that idea! It'd give the mod a much more unique feel and at the same time make it harder for everyone to check if there's noone watching; which would add some more realism!
I mean right now you can just hit the "^" button (German Keyboard) and you can, while running, look in any direction you want. You could still do that with forced First Person, but it wouldnt make much sense since there might be an assassin right in front of you :wink:

I really like that idea!

And patta - sorry für den falschen Namen :b kommt nicht wieder vor :wink:

First of all it is only possible with WSE what we don't use atm. Also: I don
t really like that idea, because I personally can't play in first person, I really hate first person... And I don't think there would be such big benefits from this.

Can you add a more sophisticated system of buying?
I mean instead of just refreshing weapons, being able to buy all weapons available to an assassin, if you have the money.
Also if you could do some interiors like a tavern to rest and have a beer to gain some hp would be awesome.

Btw, is the event i suggested about the "Spy filtrated the Assassin's identities, kill this spy or everyone will know who you are" coming through? :grin:

I am not sure what I cna do about your event, did not get to work anything till now. For the money spending things: We are thinking about that and will tell you what exactly we do for spending money soon.

A weapon shop or a weaponry in the towns would be cool. It gives guards one more place to protect, but it also won't give a assassin access to all weapons when he spawns. Maybe a dagger or throwing knives as default weapon?

I don't think that would be very good, because it would leave the assassins without any nice weaponry to even get the guards off the weapon store.

Make the player guards do more damage to assassins. Right now a assasin can kill me in one shot but I have to use multiple to kill them.

Phalanx300 said:
Make the player guards do more damage to assassins. Right now a assasin can kill me in one shot but I have to use multiple to kill them.
+1, like make the guards skill a little more than the assasins.

After playing the mod for two days, it seems to me like the devs want the guard team to just be a punching bag for the assassins.

Here's what Guards get:

2 Handers
Shields

Assassins:

Pistol
3 very fast 1hit kill daggers
Ability to disguise and the choice of when and where to fight
Higher athletics
Can score up to 9 points from stealing documents, sure guards get points if they reclaim the documents but thats much harder than just taking them from a box.

I don't really mind the Assassins having it a little easier than the guards but come on, there has to be some balance. The only suggestions I have is make the pistol take longer to reload and make the smoke effect thicker and last longer. Make the Guards and Assassins have the same athletics, this doesn't actually mean everyone runs the same speed, encumberance would be the deciding factor here, a Guard with a sword and shield or 2Hander will still be outrun by an Assasin with just a one hander, daggers, or pistol and dagger. So Assassins would still be faster and could get away, it would just take longer and at least give the Guards a chance at catching them.

I'm all for a stealth based mod but right now Assassins don't even have to be stealthy, they can just walk up to a bunch of guards, shoot or stab one infront of all their teammates and then run away. That isn't difficult and its not stealthy, thats just silly.

Phalanx300 said:

Well, ifyou would onehit every assassins with the crossbow/bow or one handed weapon, the two handed weapon would be useless. But with two handed weapons, I agree with you. They should be onehit but they are not always. I need to see what I can do there.

hatimkh said:
After playing the mod for two days, it seems to me like the devs want the guard team to just be a punching bag for the assassins.

Here's what Guards get:

2 Handers
Shields

Assassins:

Pistol
3 very fast 1hit kill daggers
Ability to disguise and the choice of when and where to fight
But disguising might still fail. When I for example play guard, I see and kill many assassins that are disguised and try to sneak up to me. And in an open fight with me, especially when I get the first hit, they have no chance. Guards are much stronger and have better weapons (regarding the range and things) than assassins.
Higher athletics
That's wrong. The gaurds have heavier equip, but nothing more.
Can score up to 9 points from stealing documents, sure guards get points if they reclaim the documents but thats much harder than just taking them from a box.

I don't really mind the Assassins having it a little easier than the guards but come on, there has to be some balance. The only suggestions I have is make the pistol take longer to reload and make the smoke effect thicker and last longer. Make the Guards and Assassins have the same athletics, this doesn't actually mean everyone runs the same speed, encumberance would be the deciding factor here, a Guard with a sword and shield or 2Hander will still be outrun by an Assasin with just a one hander, daggers, or pistol and dagger. So Assassins would still be faster and could get away, it would just take longer and at least give the Guards a chance at catching them.
No one of the troops has any athletics skill, neither assassins nor guards. For the assassins it is mainly to make sure they are not faster then the townsmen. Pistol reload time is fine, I think. Never saw any problems with it and neither had I any problems (as a guard with shield or ranged) against a pistol-assassin. Without a shield (Two handed weapon) it is for sure hard to survive an assassin with pistol, but that is what it is intended to be.

I'm all for a stealth based mod but right now Assassins don't even have to be stealthy, they can just walk up to a bunch of guards, shoot or stab one infront of all their teammates and then run away. That isn't difficult and its not stealthy, thats just silly.
Not really as they don't win much from that. They get one point, wow. That does not help them much. But maybe in next version, Assassins will no longer get points for kills, we must see.

Patta said:
"Make the Guards and Assassins have the same athletics, this doesn't actually mean everyone runs the same speed, encumberance would be the deciding factor here, a Guard with a sword and shield or 2Hander will still be outrun by an Assasin with just a one hander, daggers, or pistol and dagger. So Assassins would still be faster and could get away, it would just take longer and at least give the Guards a chance at catching them."
No one of the troops has any athletics skill, neither assassins nor guards. For the assassins it is mainly to make sure they are not faster then the townsmen. Pistol reload time is fine, I think. Never saw any problems with it and neither had I any problems (as a guard with shield or ranged) against a pistol-assassin. Without a shield (Two handed weapon) it is for sure hard to survive an assassin with pistol, but that is what it is intended to be.

Ok, it doesn't really matter who has higher athletics, all I'm talking about is run speed. Do you agree with adjusting the athletics/agility so that with default equipment Assassins are slightly faster than Guards but a Guard could keep up with them if they dropped their shield or 2 hander. or even run faster than them if the Assassin picks up alot of equipment.

What do you think of my suggestion about the pistol's smoke effect?

Patta said:
"I'm all for a stealth based mod but right now Assassins don't even have to be stealthy, they can just walk up to a bunch of guards, shoot or stab one infront of all their teammates and then run away. That isn't difficult and its not stealthy, thats just silly."

Not really as they don't win much from that. They get one point, wow. That does not help them much. But maybe in next version, Assassins will no longer get points for kills, we must see.

With 2 or 3 people doing this and constantly changing their clothes they would earn alot of points and probably win. There's little the Guards can do except stand in one spot and attack every townsman they see and even that would only protect them from melee, they would still have no chance against a pistol.

For the run speed: We will adjust it a bit, yea. But the guards will not be faster than the assassins, definitely.

For the smoke: I think it is good as it is now, but I will see.

For the pistols: Well, that is why there are ranged weapon guards. One arrow to the knee head and the problems are gone.

The smoke lasts about 2 seconds before disappearing completely, you can test this if you don't believe me. If you think thats ok, there's nothing I can say to convince you to change it.

Smoke should be around for at least 15 seconds in my opinion. Give the pistol a bigger consequence into having one in the first place. Also it should be able to alert the town guards, and the smoke can cause a waypoint for nearby townguards to move to see if there is any fighting going on before moving back to their positions.

Slytacular said:
Smoke should be around for at least 15 seconds in my opinion. Give the pistol a bigger consequence into having one in the first place. Also it should be able to alert the town guards, and the smoke can cause a waypoint for nearby townguards to move to see if there is any fighting going on before moving back to their positions.

Ooookay 15 seconds is a little bit too long for such a fast paced mod :grin: I'd say around 5 seconds would be nice, also the shooting sounds from pistols are still coming from everywhere.. at least for me, might be just my opinion.

But other stuff is nice :grin: I like the changes made to 2.0 (the new version, in case this isn't 2.0)

Back
Top Bottom